Blue Mage Dead?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Blue Mage Dead?
Blue Mage Dead?
 Unicorn.Soothsayer
Server: Unicorn
Game: FFXI
By Unicorn.Soothsayer 2011-01-15 01:00:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Just a quick thought, just got through doing Abyssea in Ulegurand Range (or w.e you spell it), and my 75 blu was doing little to no damage. The damage stayed the same even after hitting 80. 8/8 Blu Magic Skill, decent gear, and my best spells were doing 0-30 dmg. So.....whuddafux?
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-15 01:06:03
Link | Quote | Reply

You suck!!! (possibly)

On a more serious note blu will always be hurt more by the lvl correction on pdif than any other job so that might be it... cause I know the whole time I've lvld and I have relvld it after each update my dmg is rocking. Like pulling way ahead in parses each spell doing more than most the DDs ws and of course getting off alot more spells than even sams can ws.

Even still it shouldn't be that low... um just how much str and skill are you casting in? Swd skill too. Are you using sushi (you should until you recap swd at 90 at the very least even with full merits). What spells? Do you have atmas? What mobs? etc All those things could have a huge effect on your dmg. Though tbh I don't think I've ever seen a blu spell actually land that did 0 unless the mob had some kind of super dmg mitigation or stoneskin etc... I mean your headbutt should be doing over 100 even under those circumstances...
[+]
 Siren.Ferrok
Server: Siren
user: Ferrok
By Siren.Ferrok 2011-01-15 01:07:47
Link | Quote | Reply

you must be doing something wrong
[+]
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-01-15 01:10:06
Link | Quote | Reply

No. Level correction on IT monsters to level 90 is going to hurt your damage assuming you even land one hit of your multi-hit spells you're probably using at 75. Level up, skill your blue magic, maximize your blue magic until you reach your highest possible damage tier, then load up on modifiers.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-15 01:12:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Also get the new spells... they make your old "best" pretty much not worth using anymore. Only 75 and under spells I ever still cast I think actinic burst, head butt, regurgitation... a few others on rare occasions. Well ok proc spells for abyssea nms lol.
 Unicorn.Soothsayer
By Unicorn.Soothsayer 2011-01-15 01:13:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Was fighting Bluffalo and Raptors, capped sword, blu skill before merits and gear is 281. Multi Hit spells were either resisted completely or 0 for the most part. Cannonball did an occasional 36. I was in disbelief because I'm so used to seeing high numbers on almost all non HNM mobs. Idk I'm not a doctor
 Unicorn.Soothsayer
By Unicorn.Soothsayer 2011-01-15 01:14:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I dont have any of the new offensive spells, just the self refresh and animating wail etc, any i should go for?
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-01-15 01:14:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Soothsayer said:
blu skill before merits and gear is 281.

That'll do it, In casting gear I'm around 410ish I don't remember, but I'm just barely past a damage tier, regardless it greatly influences damage, also minus tons of accuracy due to sword skill and gear.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-15 01:17:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Soothsayer said:
I dont have any of the new offensive spells, just the self refresh and animating wail etc, any i should go for?
All of them... seriously though I personally use most of them depending on the situation if only for the stat mods. Ok 76-80 most of it is kinda junk except those buffs and the cure one but after that blu spells are made of win
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-15 01:19:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Wolfshadow said:
Unicorn.Soothsayer said:
That'll do it, In casting gear I'm around 410ish I don't remember, but I'm just barely past a damage tier, but this will definitely hurt your damage, because just in that you're missing around 100 accuracy, not to mention sword skill, gear etc
412 for me but thats with af body and af3+2 legs. 281 happens to be the cap for lvl 76...

blu skill doesn't affect physical spell acc... that would be his swd skill. And sushi should take care of that easy since he's only down 50ish from the cap

It just affects base dmg and the attack side of pdif. Well and proc rate of additional effects on the spells
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-01-15 01:22:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Unicorn.Soothsayer said:
That'll do it, In casting gear I'm around 410ish I don't remember, but I'm just barely past a damage tier, but this will definitely hurt your damage, because just in that you're missing around 100 accuracy, not to mention sword skill, gear etc
blu skill doesn't affect physical spell acc... that would be his swd skill. And sushi should take care of that easy since he's only down 50ish from the cap

It just affects base dmg and the attack side of pdif. Well and proc rate of additional effects on the spells
Oh ***I mixed my sentences, yeah I meant sword skill sorry, honest to god i'm just winding down watching how tootsie rolls are made on food network, its like 1:20am here i'm tired leave me alone qq.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-15 01:23:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Unicorn.Soothsayer said:
blu skill doesn't affect physical spell acc... that would be his swd skill. And sushi should take care of that easy since he's only down 50ish from the cap It just affects base dmg and the attack side of pdif. Well and proc rate of additional effects on the spells
Oh ***I mixed my sentences, yeah I meant sword skill sorry, honest to god i'm just winding down watching how tootsie rolls are made on food network, its like 1:20am here i'm tired leave me alone qq.
Lol central time. And omg tootsie rooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooolls. And do I have to leave you alone? YOu seem so fun... /poke
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-01-15 01:27:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Unicorn.Soothsayer said:
blu skill doesn't affect physical spell acc... that would be his swd skill. And sushi should take care of that easy since he's only down 50ish from the cap It just affects base dmg and the attack side of pdif. Well and proc rate of additional effects on the spells
Lol central time. And omg tootsie rooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooolls. And do I have to leave you alone? YOu seem so fun... /poke
Yeah, i'm in texas, don't judge me qq. Anyways yeah can't expect to get a job from 75 to 80 in a zone desired for people level 90 to fight IT mobs and expect to churn out massive damage using the same stuff you used at 75. Atmas are magical etc but they only go so far. My lord the tootsie roll people make a shitton of those things in a day.
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-01-15 01:34:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Ugh I'm at 417, next tier is at 419, I guess I could use mavi scarf but asasdfkaksdfasdkf /explodes
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-01-15 01:44:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah my Blue Mage is dead alright, was too awesome and ended up imploding to the sound of myself rocking the mob's world. The back to back Fulminations didn't help either but still.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-15 01:45:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh wait I forgot to put on my talthum lol... and mavi scarf is only good for debuffs.... which reminds me I should get for that. Need to see just how badly I can rape a mobs tp now.

Tier or not still not worth it 99.9% of the time. I mean you could always put on relic helm (which would actually be not a bad idea on vit modded spells anyways)
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-01-15 01:47:12
Link | Quote | Reply

It's pretty dope for Magic Barrier too!
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-01-15 01:49:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Oh wait I forgot to put on my talthum lol... and mavi scarf is only good for debuffs.... which reminds me I should get for that. Need to see just how badly I can rape a mobs tp now.

Tier or not still not worth it 99.9% of the time. I mean you could always put on relic helm (which would actually be not a bad idea on vit modded spells anyways)

Yea and verily, I'm out of it, if I go on trying to talk about something actually making sense I'd be off on a tangent so fast that intergalactic turkeys would abduct the human race slowly killing off us all.

Oh well, at least found a fellow blu buddy, we'll make a handshake sometime, I was thinking something with a lot of big swoops so we could knock into people around us and be all obnoxious.

edit: Also I know you're fooling around with set bonus proc rate, I'm 4/5 and one card from +2 head, proc rate still is just ever so awful after casting a small sample of spells in all 4 pieces I have for shits and giggles, dear lord baby raptor zombie jesus let the final piece boost this ***up.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-15 01:54:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said:
Lol magic barrier....

Yea and verily, I'm out of it, if I go on trying to talk about something actually making sense I'd be off on a tangent so fast that intergalactic turkeys would abduct the human race slowly killing off us all.

Oh well, at least found a fellow blu buddy, we'll make a handshake sometime, I was thinking something with a lot of big swoops so we could knock into people around us and be all obnoxious.

edit: Also I know you're fooling around with set bonus proc rate, I'm 4/5 and one card from +2 head, proc rate still is just ever so awful, dear lord baby raptor zombie jesus let the final piece boost this ***up.
Did anyone tell you you are a very weird interesting person to talk to?

And yes it is god aweful... at least on magical spells. I seriously doubt the last peice will give more than the one before it. I'd probably say 10% with full 5/5 just based on the others. SE really didn't think this one thru and think hmmm some jobs just do that action alot more so maybe they should have lower % and the jobs that just do it less should have higher...

I mean nin? Seriously when are they not dualweilding?
 Unicorn.Claquesous
By Unicorn.Claquesous 2011-01-15 01:57:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Dear Soothsayer, it's definitely you. You're totally gimp. I mean BLU/BLM and wearing Wedding Ring? Sheesh!

P.S.: Welcome back! I'll send you a tell if I ever log on and happen to see you around.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-01-15 01:59:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Valefor.Prothescar said:
Lol magic barrier....

Don't hate on the barrier broski. It's magic.
 Ramuh.Laffter
Server: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2011-01-15 02:03:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Valefor.Prothescar said:
Lol magic barrier....

Don't hate on the barrier broski. It's magic.
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-01-15 02:05:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Valefor.Prothescar said:
Lol magic barrier....

edit: Also I know you're fooling around with set bonus proc rate, I'm 4/5 and one card from +2 head, proc rate still is just ever so awful, dear lord baby raptor zombie jesus let the final piece boost this ***up.
Did anyone tell you you are a very weird interesting person to talk to?

And yes it is god aweful... at least on magical spells. I seriously doubt the last peice will give more than the one before it. I'd probably say 10% with full 5/5 just based on the others. SE really didn't think this one thru and think hmmm some jobs just do that action alot more so maybe they should have lower % and the jobs that just do it less should have higher...

I mean nin? Seriously when are they not dualweilding?

Obviously the future for nin is in great katana, otherwise that would mean something useful had come about, and we can't have that happen, not in my ffxi.

Also no, why do you ask? Regardless I'm off, hi ho simba away!
 Bismarck.Helel
Server: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2011-01-15 02:09:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm guessing someone in your party was 85+, in which case the mobs would pop 90+. Good luck doing damage to those.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-15 02:10:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Also no, why do you ask? Regardless I'm off, hi ho simba away!
Hmmm mostly to determine if this is just the late night and tootsie roll show talking or if you might be fun to talk to on a more consistent basis.
 Sylph.Nadalie
Server: Sylph
user: Hiroyuki
By Sylph.Nadalie 2011-01-15 02:38:12
Link | Quote | Reply

well you're 75 and those buffalos are IT to level 90 so will be hard to land a physical magic

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]