Forum » FFXI » General » 99 Update?
99 Update?
 Unicorn.Marrs
Server: Unicorn
Game: FFXI
user: Marrs
By Unicorn.Marrs 2011-01-14 21:32:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I was looking for information on when the future updates take place, for the previous year we had that nice detailed time line picture, does anything like that exist for 2011? IE when is 95 then to 99? Or is it just one update from 90-99? Any sort of information on those questions (With a verifiable source obviously, anything else will be/should be, viewed as trolling) would be appreciated.
Server: Titan
user: batboy267
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2011-01-14 21:38:00
Link | Quote | Reply

There is no information yet. There could be more info soon on what I talked about here but no one gives a ***. :/
[+]
 Unicorn.Marrs
Server: Unicorn
user: Marrs
By Unicorn.Marrs 2011-01-14 21:40:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Damn, seems odd for them to give us a years worth of information beforehand and then not even have anything prepared for the next, especially since its all a part of the same thing they talked about (taking us to 99).
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-01-14 21:42:57
Link | Quote | Reply

New expansion to the far east, new jobs: Time Mage and Geomancer. New summons Bahamut and Phoenix. You heard it here first, I have inside sources ok.
[+]
 Shiva.Saberr
Server: Shiva
user: saberr
By Shiva.Saberr 2011-01-14 23:25:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
New expansion to the far east, new jobs: Time Mage and Geomancer. New summons Bahamut and Phoenix. You heard it here first, I have inside sources ok.
I LOLed
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-01-14 23:36:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Next update is going to be in 5 months, a 90-99 update, and sky is going to get a makeover. Yup.

lol idk
[+]
 Ifrit.Maddii
Server: Ifrit
user: Maddi
By Ifrit.Maddii 2011-01-15 00:21:13
Link | Quote | Reply

SquareEnix will make a FFXI-2 and overtake all account data ;)
 Alexander.Garlend
Server: Alexander
user: Garlend
By Alexander.Garlend 2011-01-15 04:18:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Maddii said:
SquareEnix will make a FFXI-2 and overtake all account data ;)

From what ive seen so far FFXIV is FFXI-2. lol
 Leviathan.Rihoko
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Rihoko 2011-01-15 04:38:25
Link | Quote | Reply

They will show a new time line during fanfest as they did last year. My guess is there will be 4 updates, but 99 cap increase will be done with 3 add-ons starting from June as 93 - 96 - 99. I would like them to announce new jobs, new original zones and monsters enriched with epic storylines within those add-on contents.

My huge expectation is they do something about crafting system, introducing not only hq1 and hq2 but also randomly augmented hq3 synth results should be available for equipment and weapons. Crafters should be able to craft their epic rare exclusive gear and armor sets as well. After so long hard work and dedication they deserve to have them.
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-01-15 04:44:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Rihoko said:
They will show a new time line during fanfest as they did last year. My guess is there will be 4 updates, but 99 cap increase will be done with 3 add-ons starting from June as 93 - 96 - 99. I would like them to announce new jobs, new original zones and monsters enriched with epic storylines within those add-on contents.

My huge expectation is they do something about crafting system, introducing not only hq1 and hq2 but also randomly augmented hq3 synth results should be available for equipment and weapons. Crafters should be able to craft their epic rare exclusive gear and armor sets as well. After so long hard work and dedication they deserve to have them.

There's already been confirmation of some type of Magian involvement with Crafting, that was stated as one of the parts of The Trial of the Magians, back at fanfest when the 76+ Caps were announced, along with final Trials that create "A new set of Ultimate weapons" (If these were the Empyreans or not, I don't know, but I don't think so)

I personally think New Content comming that keeps cap at 90 until probably June, like someone said, possibly new merits? (I doubt they raised the cap to 20 just to keep people in Abyssea for longer durations), I don't know how credible the information was, but there was a quote on BG a while ago saying how the Dev team wants to "Keep the cap at 90 for a while to evaluate balance" and by the current state of the game, that's certainly believable and totally called for.

All that is absolute speculation except for the Magian crafting part, so take it with a grain of salt.

One thing I would really like to see, is the ability to make Our relics/Mythics/empyreans "Ours" by adding Augments not unlike the Elemental path or even TPbonus stuff. Something to really personalize (Though likely subject to cookie-cutter "This is the best option" augments) the weapons that are without equal.
 Phoenix.Salmijr
Server: Phoenix
user: Salmijr
By Phoenix.Salmijr 2011-01-15 04:53:13
Link | Quote | Reply

That timeline was planned when they expected alot of people to leave XI for 14. Now that 14 is in the shitter, they have to salvage 14, so they spaced out the eventual 99 cap.

I wouldnt expect 91-95 before June. Next update may see new mobs outside abyssea, new znm/vnm ***, maybe KCrestNMs.
 Bismarck.Patrik
Server: Bismarck
user: Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2011-01-15 04:54:58
Link | Quote | Reply

big updates tend to be around one per every 3 months... so i wouldn't be surprised to see next update and lvl 95 around march
 Lakshmi.Ashido
Server: Lakshmi
user: Ashido
By Lakshmi.Ashido 2011-01-15 21:18:30
Link | Quote | Reply

All your dreams , your hopes are crushed by ....

PS2 Limitations
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.