Forum » FFXI » General » Quick info on a item
Quick info on a item
 Asura.Alexstaifter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Alexstaifter 2011-01-14 20:17:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I wanna go farm some scrolls to sell

And I wanna pick up Blizzard IV, it says that Doom Mages in Gustav Tunnel drops it, but on wiki ti says their drop rate is 0% for them there, so can you or can not get themf rom there?
[+]
 Bismarck.Ettalo
Server: Bismarck
user: ettalo
By Bismarck.Ettalo 2011-01-14 20:34:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I've never seen it drop from the mages myself. Doom Warlocks in Gustav, on the other hand, definitely drop it. As well as the NM Taxim, which is a lottery spawn from the Warlocks. So I'd say fighting those instead would be your best bet assuming there isn't a lot of competition on those mobs.
 Asura.Alexstaifter
By Asura.Alexstaifter 2011-01-14 20:37:47
Link | Quote | Reply

So would a 90SAM/45DNC solo that with ease?
[+]
 Bismarck.Ettalo
Server: Bismarck
user: ettalo
By Bismarck.Ettalo 2011-01-14 20:51:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I certainly wouldn't call it a simple fight without a reliable source of silence. Everytime I've fought him it was with a RDM, which I'm sure makes the fight a whole lot easier.

He has a few tier IV nukes as well as Blizzaga III, so I think the difficulty of the battle really depends on whether or not you can keep Gekko ready for use. He doesn't have a whole lot of HP though, so if something goes wrong you could probably just 2hr him. If I remember correctly a single Asuran Fists took off about half his HP.

Just make sure that if you do choose to take him on that you pull him out of his room to somewhere a bit more safe so you don't end up blood aggroing everything if you hit low HP.
 Asura.Andradi
user: Andradi
By Asura.Andradi 2011-01-14 21:59:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Unless you're going down there with treasure hunter 9001, don't even bother. The droprate is abysmal (you will likely spend hours hunting for a scroll, I know I did) and if you're SAM you're gonna be constantly paralysed by ice spikes and possibly eating spells dropping you to blood aggro HP.
 Luz
By Luz 2011-01-15 07:07:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Certain ENMs are still very profitable just fyi. Brothers prices on your server =

800k Raise III (Hard spell to farm, check out what it drops from)
900k Scouter's Rope
500k Hedgehog Bomb

They're 75 capped still though so you better still have old gear. Drop rate info on Brothers:

Zero to One of:
Eltoro Leather (27.1%)
Cassia Lumber (34%)
Dragon Bone (33%)
Zero to One of:
Cloud Evoker (4.4%)

Zero to One of:
Scouter's Rope (12.3%)
Hedgehog Bomb (16.3%)
Martial Anelace (16.7%)
Martial Lance (14.8%)
Scroll of Raise III (28.1%)

Zero to One of:
Scouter's Rope (12.8%)
Hedgehog Bomb (16.3%)
Martial Anelace (16.7%)
Martial Lance (15.3%)
Scroll of Raise III (27.1%)

I'd say those odds are not bad for a now expensive scroll.