NIN solo challenge
First Page 2
 Fenrir.Curty
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Curty
By Fenrir.Curty 2011-01-14 09:34:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Indrik, unicorn NM in Abys-Ule. Got him to 50% but then hit an unlucky streak of no evadeing. First nin to solo him gains my respect.

Include Atmas/Gear and any strategy notes if you give him a try.
 Sylph.Cohan
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Cohan 2011-01-14 09:48:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Nin/dnc

Used my stun katanas, whiched proced alot during the fight.
Siren Shadow
Impregantable Tower
VV

Got 300 tp before fight. and 5 Finishing moves
Switched between Haste and Drain Samba.
Haste to get tp, and drain to get Hp.

Only used steps to gain more finishing moves to use Stun.
Basiclly just meleed him down.
Had one unlucky eva while casting ichi, but got back to full health with meds.

Kept all debuffs on him at all times
buffed myself with Miga, and SB ninjutsu
 Siren.Mallicard
Server: Siren
user: Mallicard
By Siren.Mallicard 2011-01-14 10:00:05
Link | Quote | Reply

From my experience fighting it, that would take a very long time solo. Takes little damage and switches between magic absorb and physical absorb. I didnt have a problem with evasion even though he attacks very often. I will probably try again but I wouldn't do it solo just because of the time factor.

Also, the +2 items aren't 100% so blm and thf are nice to have~
By Catsby 2011-01-14 15:55:17
Link | Quote | Reply

From my experience his laser beam will start to do unreasonable amounts of damage once you get him below the 30%ish mark. I remember people saying we needed mnks to tank it since they had the hp and then it starting blasting people for 5k+.

On the topic of solo challenges though, I solo'd a decent portion of my kannagi.
 Fenrir.Zapxthebest
By Fenrir.Zapxthebest 2011-01-14 16:15:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Easy im gonna do it again soon.... so it could be a solo I won't accept haste from people but the haste helped with Migawari I just keep that up and when it went down I turned my back and kept eva gear until recast timer was good again. I used RR,GH and SS, pretty much the only thing to worry about is his lance move which can be block with new nin spell it's like the best thing ever just keep that up and your golden. There are times where he can do tp moves back to back from what I saw which almost killed me I used mega potion and was ok. Keep mdt gear macro rdy just in case for things like this
 Fenrir.Zapxthebest
By Fenrir.Zapxthebest 2011-01-14 16:21:41
Link | Quote | Reply

opps sorry for double post but I used Agi katanas full haste tp setup and switch between that to eva when I needed to wait for Migawari recast and Mdt when I saw lance rdy up, also for melee heals him have a ninjutsu nuke setup I was only doing 130-190 tops but it all worked out
 Fenrir.Curty
By Fenrir.Curty 2011-01-15 07:32:45
Link | Quote | Reply

So I gave this a quick retry today and went a lot better...

I used Gnarled Horn, Razed Ruins, and the acc/eva atma can't remember the name.

Sushi + atma allowed to use Yonin and still have a decent hit rate. He actually went down relatively quickly, only took about 20 minutes or so. Funny thing is I even proced grellow so ended up with 2 coins and a stone.

I mainly used a setup that had me at 24% haste and also had quite a bit of acu/eva:

Kept migawari up after he had gotten to the point where he could 1 hit me. Also yurin + myoshi (sp) to reduce the amount he WSed was very helpful.
 Phoenix.Fredjan
Server: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-01-15 09:04:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Curty said:

I used Gnarled Horn, Razed Ruins, and Cloak & Dagger atmas
Sushi + atma allowed to use Yonin and still have a decent hit rate. He actually went down relatively quickly, only took about 20 minutes or so. Funny thing is I even proced grellow so ended up with 2 coins and a stone.
I mainly used a setup that had me at 24% haste and also had quite a bit of acu/eva:

Interesting. If that setup works, then this should work, too:
 Fenrir.Curty
By Fenrir.Curty 2011-01-15 09:07:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Yonin + Atmas does most of the work for you when it comes to eva is why that set up works. AGI katana obviously would make it even easier.
 Phoenix.Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-01-15 09:15:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Ocelot trousers would be an upgrade, too.
By Nemesio 2011-01-15 11:10:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't see how Ocelot Trousers would be an upgrade seeing as he already said eva wasn't really an issue with his setup. If anything, it would slow down kill speed, and lower acc.
[+]
 Phoenix.Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-01-15 12:09:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Nemesio said:
I don't see how Ocelot Trousers would be an upgrade seeing as he already said eva wasn't really an issue with his setup. If anything, it would slow down kill speed, and lower acc.
Figured.

Tried to solo indrik as NIN/WHM (no /dnc), didn't get anywhere close to killing it (no sushi), but it had like floored accuracy on me.
[+]
 Fenrir.Zapxthebest
By Fenrir.Zapxthebest 2011-01-15 21:41:50
Link | Quote | Reply

You see lol... it's funny how easy it is and 18 people fight it and wipe smh lol
[+]
By richwood 2011-01-15 22:10:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Not to bad about 16 mins, Used RR VV And Tower, Nin/Dnc

Full Enfeeble and Buffs with ninjutsu. Just take it easy I would only use TP a few times after he would Use TP, The save up to heal unlucky TP move, which can happen. The Augments on my weapons are Uzura+2 +2 Damage +10% WS Damage, and Sekka+2 +20 Eva and AGI one.

This is gear set I used, of course I macro in magic fast cast set for utsusemi and Macc set for enfeeble, also Back tank with Wheel when stance chnages. I have Fully merited Ninjutsu and All San Spells, making it easy to wheel and no real issue in acc.

Any how good luck with your solo's Guys.

This Evasion set may seem overkill but even on the hardest NMs I have tanked I evade @ about an 80% rate.

*Also with merits and Mirke Body Augments Subtle Blow is fully capped, which is super important in soloing NMs.
[+]
 Cerberus.Nexxus
Server: Cerberus
user: Orions
By Cerberus.Nexxus 2011-01-15 23:31:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I think you can go with less evasion and more haste to speed up the fight. i had no trouble tanking in full haste gear (koga sarashi/AF neck/Sekka+2 x1~2,Ballerines was my only source of evasion in gear)
By richwood 2011-01-16 00:13:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Aye probably true, I am always super over cautious.
[+]
By heybrushan 2011-01-30 10:29:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Just tried this *** but on first attempt i ended up dying after 10% >_>.

Second time i took it slower, switching between Haste/TP gear and full EVA gear when i was low on shadows / Ni wasn´t up.

Used RR, GH, AoA atmas with Iga +1 body on ful altime with Miguwari on fulltime. I turned when Miguwari was down to stop it from gaining TP but died around 60% cause it caught me with shadows down, double-attacked me and had enough TP to Lance my *** D:.

This fight was with sushi, yonin and a mix of Haste and EVA gear and it still took 20+ mins. how are you guys able to kill in 15-20 mins? O_o

Just go all out and don´t care if miguwari timer is down and just pray for luck?
 Cerberus.Nexxus
Server: Cerberus
user: Orions
By Cerberus.Nexxus 2011-01-30 17:45:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I down him (Indrik) to 19% then buddy tell me to join (to trigger red on it >.< got a lot of tell from him for that...), i lost my focus, got a nicely scintillent lance... dont have to explain the next, so i reraise mijin gakure, reraise, he got up to 27% after that, i tried to finish him, migawari and then he scintillent lance on me, one shotted again...
what i didn't understand is, i was under migawari effect... i didn't get any hit after his lance, and migawari wasn't near to wear off.

I'm 4/5 AF+2 including body+2 full time.

With a good focus, and some medecine, Indrik is easy as he miss you a lot, dont need much evasion, i was /dnc (eva bonus II), but need a lot of accuracy as he have also high evasion.
By heybrushan 2011-01-31 17:32:08
Link | Quote | Reply

ok, whoever has soloed this ***, i want proof! D:

I´ve soloed some mean ***but this @sshole has killed me 6 times now, and i´ve never gotten it down past 60%. If Lance doesn´t get me, he finds a window when he decides to have 100% acc and kick my *** -_-.

TP gear:

Sekka +2 EVA / sobek katana / empty / quimitz
Iga head +1 / haste neck / brutal / iga ear
Iga body +1 / iga tekko +1 / rajas / heed
crit+ mantle / shinryu belt / iga legs +2 / iga feet +2

EVA:

Sekka +2 EVA / sobek katana / empty / quimitz
NIN AF +1 / iga neck / brutal / iga ear
iga body +1 / iga tekko +1 / rajas / heed
boxer's / eva+5 dualwield belt / iga legs +2 / hachiryu sune-ate

Macro in full hastegear / fastcast gear when recasting shadows, macro in full ninjutsu skill gear when debuffing, subtle blow ninjutsu fulltime, keep blind + slow on fulltime, miguwari up 99% fulltime (tried both turning for recast cooldown and "wing it").

RR / GH / AoA atmas

Am i just having an incredible bad luck? :S:S:S

edit: capped merits in all that gives an edge to soloing (subtle blow, 5 AGI, katana, ninjutsu etc)
 Sylph.Zefyr
Server: Sylph
user: Zefyr
By Sylph.Zefyr 2011-01-31 20:01:04
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're having eva problems, I'd throw on Siren Shadow or Cloak and Dagger in place of GH, you're going to get a lot more defensive mileage out of a high eva atma than GH, just a few fewer crits.
 Phoenix.Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-01-31 20:20:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Zefyr said:
If you're having eva problems, I'd throw on Cloak and Dagger in place of Apoc
ftfy
[+]
By Enygma3 2011-02-08 20:54:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I solo'd rani on ninja, true story.
By Alderin 2011-02-22 22:34:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Enygma3 said:
I solo'd rani on ninja, true story.
Yeah but it cost 200k cruor right?
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [82 days between previous and next post]
 Leviathan.Bozo
Server: Leviathan
user: Bozoffxi
By Leviathan.Bozo 2011-05-15 23:13:27
Link | Quote | Reply

was like a 30ish minutes fight. those last 25% were the easier since i could WS because Spear move was doing a lot of dmg so miwagari took care of it. i used RR,GH,Cloack Dagger atma.
 Alexander.Chaosbringer
Server: Alexander
user: Agent11d7
By Alexander.Chaosbringer 2011-05-20 20:55:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I was looking around other posts and i found this quoted by another person:

Briarius for example, can be SOLO'd by a decent ninja.

Can this be done? Has anybody here tried it. Thank you
 Fenrir.Shishiza
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Shishiza 2011-05-20 20:56:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Chaosbringer said:
I was looking around other posts and i found this quoted by another person:

Briarius for example, can be SOLO'd by a decent ninja.

Can this be done? Has anybody here tried it. Thank you

Briareus is a joke, set a Regen atma, and kite Meikyo shihui, rinse and repeat.
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Server: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-05-20 20:58:15
Link | Quote | Reply

yes, easiest thing for a ninja to solo, and it's a staple solo for the job too, since they need kannagi these days anyways

nin/dnc, violent flourish stun mercurial strike, though if one gets off (specifically the one that does 1,111 damage), run like hell until three colossal slams go off, and then reengage like normal

if you can't solo briareus, you shouldn't be playing the job, to be blunt
 Odin.Upbeat
Server: Odin
user: Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2011-05-20 21:01:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Briareus is a beyond easy for NIN. /DNC can stun all the TP moves with zero problems, and if somehow a 1111 does get off you can easily run out of range.

this was my first time doing the fight so it was pretty slow, and I wasn't even using the right atma set up.
 Odin.Upbeat
Server: Odin
user: Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2011-05-20 21:02:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Ironguy said:
I have to agree with you on that comment.
 Fenrir.Shishiza
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Shishiza 2011-05-20 21:04:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Upbeat said:
Pandemonium.Ironguy said:
I have to agree with you on that comment.

Seconded.
First Page 2