users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Sea gorget question
Sea gorget question
 Phoenix.Kirana
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-01-13 19:35:38
Link | Quote | Reply

If a weaponskill has the "Darkness" (dark+earth+water+ice) skillchain property, does that mean I need a shadow gorget? or will soil/snow/aqua work as well?

It would make sense that any of the 4 would work, seeing as level 2 properties such as Distortion allows for either of the 2 aligned gorgets.
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-13 19:45:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Anything gorget with any of it's elements work... I don't think anything has just darkness though. So like for empyrean ws I think 6 different gorgets would work for them lol
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-01-13 19:51:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea, I'm about to finish my 85 Twashtar. The properties are Darkness and Distortion. I was just hoping I could use my old Soil gorget instead of farming a new one, thanks Dasva.
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
Server: Lakshmi
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2011-01-13 19:56:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Anything gorget with any of it's elements work... I don't think anything has just darkness though. So like for empyrean ws I think 6 different gorgets would work for them lol

I'm not sure if that's true. I think if it has Darkness or Distortion properties, you'll need Shadow or Aqua/Snow.

I'm not sure how updated wiki is on this stuff, but for instance Onslaught is Darkness/Gravitation and its listed as Shadow or Soil gorget.
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Onslaught

Namas Arrow (Light/Distortion) shows Snow Gorget & Aqua Gorget & Light Gorget.
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Namas_Arrow
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-01-13 20:00:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I think wiki's information is incomplete, that's the problem.
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
Server: Lakshmi
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2011-01-13 20:01:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kirana said:
Quite possible, but that information has been around since Sea... if it was blatantly wrong like that I would think at least one of those pages would show more information. You could always test the gorget you have and see if it adds more damage. Sneak Attack / WS with it on some Lv.1 mob.
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-01-13 20:44:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Penta thrust
In terms of ws's with the darkness property any of the 4 should work.
Edit: unless by darkness you mean the 4 element property, in which case whoosh etc and ignore me
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-13 21:13:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I meant just lvl 3 darkness not 1 lol
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-13 21:14:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:
Phoenix.Kirana said:
Quite possible, but that information has been around since Sea... if it was blatantly wrong like that I would think at least one of those pages would show more information. You could always test the gorget you have and see if it adds more damage. Sneak Attack / WS with it on some Lv.1 mob.
Wiki's info on the cap on fint for magical ws which have been around since the game started is wrong (jp wiki is right though lol). I recently found this out when numbers were coming up all kinds of wrong
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-01-14 02:19:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Just got my twashtar, i'll test it later tonight when event ends
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-14 02:49:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kirana said:
Have fun with that. At 100% gorget would only add 2.2% dmg anyways. And with capped pdif crit hit your high dmg with same gear and everything could be as much as 22% higher than your lowest possible dmg...

So would take a decent number of samples not to mention doing it at the same tp since tp mods dmg on it.

I'd test with wildfire but it's darkness/gravitation and I only have breeze and soil gorgets. Knew I should've made ice or water... but then I couldn't use it for evisceration too :(

I have zorro slash but it would run into similar problems as Twashtar though wouldn't have to worry about tp (sekka recast) just SA recast.
 Phoenix.Kirana
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-01-14 02:57:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Phoenix.Kirana said:
Have fun with that. At 100% gorget would only add 2.2% dmg anyways. And with capped pdif crit hit your high dmg with same gear and everything could be as much as 22% higher than your lowest possible dmg...

So would take a decent number of samples not to mention doing it at the same tp since tp mods dmg on it.

I'd test with wildfire but it's darkness/gravitation and I only have breeze and soil gorgets. Knew I should've made ice or water... but then I couldn't use it for evisceration too :(

I have zorro slash but it would run into similar problems as Twashtar though wouldn't have to worry about tp (sekka recast) just SA recast.

Ah damn, I was thinking it would be as simple as 2 WS to test it, maybe I should just wait for someone else to do it.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-14 03:08:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Kirana said:
Ah damn, I was thinking it would be as simple as 2 WS to test it, maybe I should just wait for someone else to do it.
It would be if it were ranged and couldn't crit or elemental (since under capped conditions they wont vary)

The ws with lvl 3 properties that fit that description are: Cloudsplitter (though wiki doesn't list what it's skillchain properties are so you'd have to figure them out first cause cmon lol axe), namas arrow, Coronach, and wildfire.

I don't have the right gorget to test wildfire properly... and stupid T3 VNM refuses to put out my gun for coronach. Seriously like 6+ kills all with at least TH5 proc 2 of them with blue and not a single gun. Makes me rage