Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Axe Trials
Axe Trials
 Quetzalcoatl.Seveth
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Seveth
By Quetzalcoatl.Seveth 2011-01-13 11:41:30
Link | Quote | Reply

So I just got bst to 90 and noticed DipperYuly is really friggen evasive. Added cloak and dagger and Quetzalli hit maybe 20% of the time.

My question is, would it be worth it to do +20 evasion Axes solely for Dipper, or would i be better off just doing the -10 pdt for all pets? I think that if i did the eva axes it would only apply to Dipper, or is there another pet with high evasion that would benifit just as much? I do have all the other pdt/dt gear for BST as well as Gule's Mitts with pet eva +4.
 Kujata.Erocent
Server: Kujata
user: Erocent
By Kujata.Erocent 2011-01-13 12:20:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I did 2 pet Eva axes, 2 pet PD - axes. Like everything in this game, It's situational. Also with secretion Audacious Anna can be pretty evasive as well. Sadly BST can't uses Gules gear so you can visit your local NPC and get rid of that junk.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Seveth
By Quetzalcoatl.Seveth 2011-01-13 13:20:43
Link | Quote | Reply

well damn i feel HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE about the gules mittens, guess i was blinded by the pet + stats on it >.>. Good info both ways, thanks a lot guys!
 Hades.Xhander
Server: Hades
user: xhander
By Hades.Xhander 2011-01-13 13:36:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I did PDT axes x2 first simply because I dont know if dipper will cap at 90 or not. I was reading somewhere that nursuryN has reached cap, so I'm a little skeptical about starting eva Axes solely for dipper incase his/her(?) cap is 90.

That being said, if dippers remains uncapped, I think eva axes would be the way to go especially if you primarily use dipper to tank. Like Ero said though, everything in this game is situational.
 Valefor.Billyd
Server: Valefor
user: billyd
By Valefor.Billyd 2011-01-13 13:52:10
Link | Quote | Reply

where did you guys kill bees for 2nd lvl of -pdt axe, at 90 there are no easy prey+ bees in those weather??
By Darien 2011-01-13 14:19:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Billyd find a level 22-25 sync and go to Pashnow Marshlands for that trial. Will take you 10-15 min tops with a good weather. I always go to the far east wall there are like 67 bees there.
 Valefor.Billyd
By Valefor.Billyd 2011-01-13 14:34:21
Link | Quote | Reply

thats the hard part, nobody wants to sync for them unfortunately
 Quetzalcoatl.Seveth
By Quetzalcoatl.Seveth 2011-01-13 14:35:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Xhander said:
I did PDT axes x2 first simply because I dont know if dipper will cap at 90 or not. I was reading somewhere that nursuryN has reached cap, so I'm a little skeptical about starting eva Axes solely for dipper incase his/her(?) cap is 90.

That being said, if dippers remains uncapped, I think eva axes would be the way to go especially if you primarily use dipper to tank. Like Ero said though, everything in this game is situational.

NN is capped on evasion? How do you determine their capped evasion?
 Valefor.Billyd
By Valefor.Billyd 2011-01-13 14:44:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Seveth said:
Hades.Xhander said:
I did PDT axes x2 first simply because I dont know if dipper will cap at 90 or not. I was reading somewhere that nursuryN has reached cap, so I'm a little skeptical about starting eva Axes solely for dipper incase his/her(?) cap is 90. That being said, if dippers remains uncapped, I think eva axes would be the way to go especially if you primarily use dipper to tank. Like Ero said though, everything in this game is situational.
NN is capped on evasion? How do you determine their capped evasion?

think he meant level capped not evasion capped

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Seveth
By Quetzalcoatl.Seveth 2011-01-13 15:19:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah, I see now. Another qq: is the only way you can get your pet equal to your level, aside from merits, is AF2 hands?
 Alexander.Foulspawn
Server: Alexander
user: Foulspawn
By Alexander.Foulspawn 2011-01-13 15:27:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Crawler Nest (S) has bee in water weather. Not many of them, but that is how I got mine done.
 Hades.Stefanos
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2011-01-13 17:24:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Concerning the bees question, Crawlers Nest in the present also has bees (the Wespes), but some will pop as TW, so be prepared for that. For me, the bees was the biggest cockblock on that trial path.

I also did PDT- axes because PDT- is certain, evasion is not. I do plan to do some evasion+ axes for the times I use Yuly, and if it really will be capped at 90, then for Anna as well.
 Hades.Xhander
user: xhander
By Hades.Xhander 2011-01-14 10:36:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Stefanos said:
Concerning the bees question, Crawlers Nest in the present also has bees (the Wespes), but some will pop as TW, so be prepared for that. For me, the bees was the biggest cockblock on that trial path. I also did PDT- axes because PDT- is certain, evasion is not. I do plan to do some evasion+ axes for the times I use Yuly, and if it really will be capped at 90, then for Anna as well.

This is where I did both of mine as well. It doesnt take all that long to complete...at most 2 game days w/ "...a chance of" weather. You dont even have to zone into R.Fields to get the forecast w/ Magian Specs. The Taru @ lower Jeuno on the right hand side right before you exit into R.Fields will tell you the weather (sorry his/her name eludes me atm). And yeah, after this trial, the rest is cake. Just follow the corrisponding trial info on wiki to find out what areas to go to for each specific trial....most of it will be Eld. Necrop.
By maiyuu 2011-01-18 02:41:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I went to present day Crawler's Nest for my bees. I just charmed whatever bees were TW and left them away from their spawn area. I had lots repop to be EP and it worked nicely! Way better than killing the bee, hoping it didn't link another and then wait 16 mins for another bee to repop in it's place.

A question I have is: (I found this on ffxiclopedia under Trial 1333)

* A quick question, maybe already been answered but i just havnet found it...

Is it possible to dual wield 2 of these axes and get -16% pet damage taken? im contemplating doing this but am hesitant to so if it turns out that the effects do not stack.

* With Stout Servant trait and two of these, pet was taking 796 on its own and 398 with me near from 1000 Needles for a 20.4% reduction. So yes it does stack, but with diminishing returns.
o You can take this further with a -10% Damage Taken Augment on the ACP Helm, Anwig Salade

Can anyone confirm that is has diminishing returns and if so, how? (i.e. Does it diminish down to one axe, or down to 0%)

Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-01-18 03:12:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Diminishing returns from PDT-% and MDT-% function because, when you add another 1% of DT-%, it's corrected for the amount of damage you're taking.

So if you're taking 100dmg and you add 10% on one item, it's 90 Damage taken, 10% on the next would only reduce the damage to 81, instead of the expected 80, or some such?

Not sure on that, I had it explained to me in broken Engerman.