Forum » FFXI » General » FFXI is a helova drug O.o
FFXI is a helova drug O.o
 Valefor.Ajahri
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Ajahri
By Valefor.Ajahri 2011-01-12 16:40:43
Link | Quote | Reply

ok for starters I've been reading some posts from some1 that i completely despise and was very annoyed but decided to take the high road and not respond in the typical angry black woman fashion... instead i wanted to start a thread of my own on a completely different subject. (swallowing my complete disgust for this person i will begin)

ok so because of work and other ***i haven't been able to play my beloved FFXI since Dec 30th of last year and now its the 12th and well ok heres what a website describes as the symptoms of crack withdrawal...

Crack withdrawal symptoms include but are not limited to:

agitation
depression
intense craving for the drug
extreme fatigue
anxiety
angry outbursts
lack of motivation
nausea/vomiting
shaking
irritability
muscle pain
disturbed sleep

im feeling all of these btw and yes I'm comparing my not playing to that of a crack withdrawal so... you (the reader) might look at this and think "get a life you *** loser" well i do have a "life" but for the last 5-6 years FFXI has been a very big part of my life so im sure the die-hard player in you can relate to my plight.

the reason for this post is just to vent my frustration and disdain for my situation. and to ask is there anyone out there that has went through a similar withdrawal.. please share <^.^>

P.S. i have recurring nightmares of my taru chasing me with a tattoo of LM17 on his forehead and a very loud Shantoto screaming in a dark background.. does that mean something?
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
Server: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2011-01-12 16:42:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Have a friend who had a dream that clowns were chasing him in jugner forest.
[+]
 Odin.Liela
Server: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2011-01-12 16:47:05
Link | Quote | Reply

After spending forever and a day in abyssea-tahrongi fetching 50 glavoid shells, I had dreams about huge Tremor-like worms and giant flying fleas named Adze. Stinkin' bugs ;;
[+]
 Leviathan.Solanis
Server: Leviathan
user: Solanis
By Leviathan.Solanis 2011-01-12 16:48:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm assuming this is trolling, but addiction comes in all forms, not just chemical dependence.

if you're struggling with emotional withdrawal from your addiction, there are support groups that can help you. speaking to a therapist can definitely help you work through this, and whatever underlying issues led you to this place.

itt: delusional angry people rate my post down lol
[+]
 Valefor.Ajahri
By Valefor.Ajahri 2011-01-12 16:50:03
Link | Quote | Reply

lol @Liela b4 i took my unwanted hiatus i helped my friend kill Glavoid a couple times for her Twashtar and even though hes very annoying hes never infiltrated my dreams. i do imagine him lurking in someones stomach tho.
[+]
 Valefor.Fmaxgluttony
By Valefor.Fmaxgluttony 2011-01-12 16:51:35
Link | Quote | Reply

You're just crazy!
[+]
 Asura.Celene
Server: Asura
user: Celene
By Asura.Celene 2011-01-12 16:52:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone who has been addicted to anything will go through those symptoms, to some degree or another.

To me, it sounds like maybe this break is good for you. If you're at the point where you can't step away from the game for a couple weeks, then you really have a problem. I'm pretty sure social workers and the like are more understanding, and will know how to help people with gaming addictions better than before, as it's very common these days.
[+]
 Valefor.Ajahri
By Valefor.Ajahri 2011-01-12 16:53:49
Link | Quote | Reply

awhhh shut up Glut u kno u couldn't survive without your daily 10hrs logged and 16 cheeseburgers. (Big Shirley responds) "Umm Hmmm" lolololool
[+]
 Luz
By Luz 2011-01-12 16:54:24
Link | Quote | Reply

You could just have someone steal your account while you're on a hiatus and force you to go cold turkey or put a bullet in your head. I personally didn't have a gun at the time. Yes; that gun part was me trollin'. xD
[+]
 Valefor.Fmaxgluttony
By Valefor.Fmaxgluttony 2011-01-12 16:54:57
Link | Quote | Reply

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm anyways
[+]
 Fairy.Spence
Server: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2011-01-12 17:02:05
Link | Quote | Reply

It's cool OP, I think the person rating down these posts feels the same as you. Unless it is you :P
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-12 17:03:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Liela said:
After spending forever and a day in abyssea-tahrongi fetching 50 glavoid shells, I had dreams about huge Tremor-like worms
I loved that movie as a kid. Graboids!
 Odin.Sinharvest
Server: Odin
By Odin.Sinharvest 2011-01-12 17:08:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I find whenever I take a break from the game, it takes longer and longer for me to get back into the groove, the solution! 24/7 around the clock playing.
[+]
 Leviathan.Solanis
Server: Leviathan
user: Solanis
By Leviathan.Solanis 2011-01-12 17:20:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Celene said:
Anyone who has been addicted to anything will go through those symptoms, to some degree or another. To me, it sounds like maybe this break is good for you. If you're at the point where you can't step away from the game for a couple weeks, then you really have a problem. I'm pretty sure social workers and the like are more understanding, and will know how to help people with gaming addictions better than before, as it's very common these days.

there have been some really significant breakthroughs in the past 5 years particularly, always a good thing

it's sad to see game addiction in action; there are people on my server (and some making up the population majority of linkshells I've been in) where people quit school/work or ended marriages to play ffxi more, or used ffxi as a crutch for agoraphobia. as resources grow to help people like that, or with less extreme but still harmful addictions, everyone wins :)
[+]
 Valefor.Ajahri
By Valefor.Ajahri 2011-01-12 17:33:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Solanis said:
Asura.Celene said:
Anyone who has been addicted to anything will go through those symptoms, to some degree or another. To me, it sounds like maybe this break is good for you. If you're at the point where you can't step away from the game for a couple weeks, then you really have a problem. I'm pretty sure social workers and the like are more understanding, and will know how to help people with gaming addictions better than before, as it's very common these days.

there have been some really significant breakthroughs in the past 5 years particularly, always a good thing

it's sad to see game addiction in action; there are people on my server (and some making up the population majority of linkshells I've been in) where people quit school/work or ended marriages to play ffxi more, or used ffxi as a crutch for agoraphobia. as resources grow to help people like that, or with less extreme but still harmful addictions, everyone wins :)

noooo noooo noooo i would never go that far real life always comes 1st and i agree it is sad but i would never. no too long ago i got my ex into this game and that almost made me quit 4good idk what that had to do with what the topic but w/e i would never let rl interfere