Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-11 14:56:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Siren.Kunimatsu said:
10 evasion is doing nothing for RDMs piss poor evasion skill...
WEll if you used triple evasion atmas AND some gear... you will have as much as a naked thf.
When I see someone rdm/nin they're either kiting/doting safely or they're doing something lower lvl that shadows would help not evasion gear. Like soloing primes at 75. Unless you've/done seen differently?
Your better pdting avatars... and yeah plenty of things rdm/nins would fight straigt tanking since all nms became immune to grav/bind. But more rely on slow/para II since all the gear in the world wasn't enough by itself.

Also ceremonial dagger enspell soloing of cactuars ftw!
 Bismarck.Luces
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Luces 2011-03-14 20:05:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:

Well according to wiki it's (skill/20)+5. Then add in any +gear then day/weather. I just did it with 341 skill (highest I can get without merits with my current gear and being really undercapped lol) and got 22 so at least right there it was right.

Weird you were getting 6 dmg difference when chimaric suppposedly gives +7... have you tested chimaric itself?

I was but not paying to much attention I have had a very hectic RL recently and march is just a bad month, I'm barely on rdm right now because I'm only on for ls events mostly and that's usually on thf. When servers are back I'll do some real testing, I think my numbers may be from b4 I swaped my merits around into enhancing so that would explain the 1point difference give or take. I'm on lots of pain killers as of late, almost done though, so my memory is foggy.

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
If someone is going for evasion solo as any job your goal should be to survive from one round of shadows to the next. So why not cap haste to make each round happen a lot faster? You mentioned not caring about haste but you care about surviving right? no need to play in hard mode so blindly

Actually using a pdt set and minimizing your spell casting/mp use(not so important in abyssea. More so out of) with rdm/nin using stoneskin/phalanx to allow you to not rely on that evasion, ntm your fast cast, should be capped along with haste and everything else so your utsi recast timers shouldn't be very long. This method though ones extremely effective is becoming less effective depending on the situations.

Sanguin blade from /blu has made up the difference this use to make by a substantial amount as well. I use to solo the crap out of t-vt's back in the day on rdm/nin and get chain 5 using utsi and stoneskin/phalanx, could easily do that now days with sanguin blade, and more effectively as my casting tends to be over all lower.(although the +2 pants, estq. back and feet +1, and there is also all that new stoneskin gear I need to get my hands on, also helps/will help with lowering the time spent casting).

So far I have been goku blocked on bismark at least 3 groups there all 3 of my free days in the last 3 weeks so I'm still 15/50 on skins. Normally I'm a good claimer, not so much when I'm on pain meds.
 Asura.Solara
Server: Asura
user: solara
By Asura.Solara 2011-03-14 20:48:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Twilight gives decent offhand dmg and 3% quad attack will beat out the 4% da on Chimeric while giving a lower total delay. White Tathlum over Tiphia drops a swing, swap in astrolabe or a satchet for ws. Threw Keen in there because it's middling between acc and attack options.

Quick edit: It's overcapped on haste, can use hq hands or feet depending on preference. Just put both in out of habit.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-18 03:39:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Joy toy is only like 3% faster tp gain assuming no DA/TA atmas and twilight never steals tp. Otherwise twilight would win.

Also could gear in DW ACP body just use atma of the omnipotent... which would finish destroying any need for acc letting you gear in more store tp gear.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [33 days between previous and next post]
 Bismarck.Luces
By Bismarck.Luces 2011-04-19 22:10:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Joy toy is only like 3% faster tp gain assuming no DA/TA atmas and twilight never steals tp. Otherwise twilight would win.

Also could gear in DW ACP body just use atma of the omnipotent... which would finish destroying any need for acc letting you gear in more store tp gear.

I don't know if the use of omnipotent would outweigh apoc though, you would have to run the numbers, and sorry I have been real busy in real life working on going back to school in the fall, I got 5 more skins the other day so 30 left then I can start testing my ws set's and letting you know the info. I hopefully will be done with it by the end of next week though my goal is by the end of the weekend. I'm on my way to bed I'll edit in some updated info on chimy in a day or 2, I think the +7 damage added with the +4% double atk would outweigh the quad attacks/small delay differance, but a well timed quad attack with aftermath proc could push the knife ahead, I think there would be to many variable along that line to consider but if you wanted to I'm sure you could do the math, or if you want pm me and explain a little bit of the math your using and I can take it from there, I'm learning parts of cal 1-3 for fun when I can so I understand math.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-19 22:16:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Part of my problem is I don't have and probably wont get alot of the better haste gear for rdm anyways.... and rdm can barely cap as is. Not changing my movement speed pants just for this or gunna get nash. Not going to get better than swift belt probably. And Seems like a waste to get +1 dusk just to mess around as a melee rdm
 Diabolos.Inuyushi
Server: Diabolos
user: Inuyushi
By Diabolos.Inuyushi 2011-04-21 07:29:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok how about these for fun gear:

1st for Enspell Madness, assuming you cast the Enspells in max Enhancing Magic gear etc. I chose HQ Dusk feet over hands because you can cap haste with only 1 HQ and feet are cheaper

And as for surviving, if you're fighting something that's hitting hard I would choose rdm/blu over rdm/nin anyday. So how about these swaps for -PDT? Same gear everywhere else as above where it's blank. If I ever got my hands on Shadow Mantle I would put that in there. Same for D.ring but there are other out there that would make that gear much more usable that me.

Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-21 07:42:48
Link | Quote | Reply

You can't have 2 Khanda +2s
 Diabolos.Inuyushi
By Diabolos.Inuyushi 2011-04-21 07:52:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Fixed, just noticed that. I assumed all trial weapons were just Aug/Ex.

What about Khanda+1 with a Khanda+2? Also I couldn't get Joytoy in the offhand spot. It wouldn't let me....
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-21 08:20:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Depends on what you mean... if you mean average number of attacks per second

khanda +2/joy toy barely beats single wielding khanda+2. +2/+1 is like 50% faster.

If you mean tp gain +2/joy toy falls way behind and single weild khanda+2 comes close to +2/+1.

Oh and /blu gets you vorpal blade which is something to consider if you can't CDC it's still rather strong in abyssea.

Of course this is without DA/TA atmas... with them you should really consider not using OAT OAT2-X weapons unless one of the is a justice swd.
 Diabolos.Inuyushi
By Diabolos.Inuyushi 2011-04-21 08:39:00
Link | Quote | Reply

How about this? Could offhand the Multi-Hit sword and have dagger for Evis.

Also I could care less about inside/outside of abyssea. I'm just talking for fun. You had mentioned that with OAT swords you could rack up more DoT with Enspell dmg. Since you would be capping swing rounds you could swap out AoA for possibly a DMG+ atma if they stack with enspells and still keep RR and GH. Keep in mind this is all for fun but I would do it cause it'd be fun to see all those hit rounds go off with Enspell procing like crazy. (Ignoring twilight absorbs etc)
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
Server: Asura
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2011-04-21 08:52:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Red Mage can't use Epona's.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-21 08:52:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah twilight would really kinda kill what you are going for... enough idk if it's worth really doing math on it.

If you really want to see lots of hits per round you should try single wielding a justice swd with 3 TA atmas ^^.

Also fencers ring
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-04-21 08:53:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Tiphia sting.
[+]
 Diabolos.Inuyushi
By Diabolos.Inuyushi 2011-04-21 09:01:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, how about this?

...D:
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-21 09:13:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Just remembered DA is kinda worthless at least tp phase with the 2-4 weapons.

And suppa is just acc/att without DW.

So Hollow Earring Lycopodium Earring. Yeah boost that enspell dmg!
 Diabolos.Inuyushi
By Diabolos.Inuyushi 2011-04-21 09:21:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Go go Enspell dmg! I need to do the fishing MMM more often to build up marbles (if that's possible). But you're telling me that with OAx weapons DA can't proc on them unless they dont OAx in that round?

Unless you're talking about Justice sword correct? I learn so much on these forums
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-21 09:30:25
Link | Quote | Reply

And yeah I'm building marbles myself for gnole crown... but god it's boring. Fishing is fast and easy at least.

More like if QA/TA/DA proc the OAX can't proc unless it's a jailor weapon. Basically game checks for QA if it does then ignores everything else then TA then DA finally OAX. Which is why DA gear actually lowers hits per round on things like Kclub lol

And since OA2-4 averages 2 hits per round... maybes DA kinda redundant lol.
 Diabolos.Inuyushi
By Diabolos.Inuyushi 2011-04-21 09:31:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Interesting, nice to know thanks!
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-21 10:30:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh and if you can't get nash legs and used up your ASA augment... supposedly there is an ANNM that can give you a pair of Clown's Subligar that can have up to 3 haste on it.
 Diabolos.Inuyushi
By Diabolos.Inuyushi 2011-04-21 10:34:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmm, that is worthwhile to look into. But ANNM ugh, /joy
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-21 10:36:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah... think I might try to solo it lol. If I can get that I guess I could revise my melee setup to work without atma of the omnipotent or HQ dusk... too bad I'm down to like 10k notes... and god I used to have 300k lol. I so regret buying full cobra sets... both of them. And the completely outdated patronus ring (though it is still kinda awesome in campaign)
 Bismarck.Luces
By Bismarck.Luces 2011-05-04 19:45:15
Link | Quote | Reply

So the almace is sweet and pretty drastic. Chimeric is 22 to 29 no day/weather bonus so it's 7 but when the weather and/or bonus come into play the numbers get wierd and inconsistent sometimes I'll get 31cap sometimes 32 cap. Atmas-raized ruin, gnorled horn. My average in abyssea with cdc is 2.4k with apoc 2.6k with vv, 2.8k with sanquin scyth) with odds ranging from 350-500 (no crit/crit). Have hit a couple 2ks on bossa after she 2 houred. I'm still working on gear but I'll post the sets later.
 Bismarck.Luces
By Bismarck.Luces 2011-05-09 15:15:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm going to redo my selenian cap for CDC peice, I'm thinking critical hit damage +2%, dex+4; and weapon skill damage +2%, agi +4? (I'm wondering if I should do the ws. accuracy +15 str +4 one instead of one of those, but I'm thinking the 2 damage ones will be better.

also RDM gets new haste pant's *from dat page*

Calmecac Trousers Rare
Legs
DEF:46 Accuracy-8 "Double Attack"+2%
"Triple Attack"+2% Haste+3%
Lv89 WAR MNK RDM THF DRK BST BRD RNG SAM DRG DNC
By Zelduh 2011-05-14 18:40:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Hollow Earring is great, I don't know why so many RDMs neglect their enspell damage. If you're like me and have capped enhancing skill, 8/8 enhancing merits, and all the enhancing gear, and macro it in on an enspell 1, it's crazy damage. Hollow Earring also doubles as an accuracy earring (DEX+2 ACC+3). Lycopodium is great as well, though you may or may not want to use Suppanonimi instead while dual-wielding.
By DuzellLevi 2011-05-14 18:53:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Inuyushi said:
Go go Enspell dmg! I need to do the fishing MMM more often to build up marbles (if that's possible). But you're telling me that with OAx weapons DA can't proc on them unless they dont OAx in that round?

Unless you're talking about Justice sword correct? I learn so much on these forums

Change that to the calmanic Trowsers
 Quetzalcoatl.Neisan
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Nanashi14
By Quetzalcoatl.Neisan 2011-05-23 06:56:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Zelduh said:
Hollow Earring is great, I don't know why so many RDMs neglect their enspell damage. If you're like me and have capped enhancing skill, 8/8 enhancing merits, and all the enhancing gear, and macro it in on an enspell 1, it's crazy damage. Hollow Earring also doubles as an accuracy earring (DEX+2 ACC+3). Lycopodium is great as well, though you may or may not want to use Suppanonimi instead while dual-wielding.

Suppa will easily beat hollow if dualwielding.
 Siren.Inuyushi
Server: Siren
By Siren.Inuyushi 2011-05-23 09:25:08
Link | Quote | Reply

DuzellLevi said:
Diabolos.Inuyushi said:

Change that to the calmanic Trowsers

That post was before those pants. DERP
 Fenrir.Kaliyah
Server: Fenrir
user: Kerayu2
By Fenrir.Kaliyah 2011-06-05 00:14:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Just curious, but say you had almace and mandau, would it be better to use those over building a DA ToM sword? Thinking of pulling my rdm back out for a little fun every now and then but at the same time I really don't want to build another trial sword if I don't have to >.>;