users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dancer » Enhances "Striking Flourish" Effect
Enhances "Striking Flourish" Effect
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-01-03 14:57:17
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been trying to figure out what this does since I finished Charis Casaque +1, with no luck.

I finished AF3+2 body last night after a very pissed of Fuath, and I figured maybe the effect would be enhanced further so I'd be able to see what it does, but I still can't figure it out. I've figured out a few things it doesn't do:

It DOESN'T:

*Add an extra attack
*Make double attack process on both hands
*Seem to double damage of either attack

It MIGHT:
*guarantee crits, I haven't tested it outside of abyssea's 74% crit rate.

Anyway, anyone else able to test this?
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-01-03 15:12:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm playing with it outside of Abyssea right now, and it SEEMS like I almost always crit with both hits of Striking Flourish with AF3+2 body on, but there was one instance where I didn't. So I still don't know.
 Bismarck.Pawnskipper
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Pawnskipper 2011-01-03 15:31:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Asymptotic said:
I'm playing with it outside of Abyssea right now, and it SEEMS like I almost always crit with both hits of Striking Flourish with AF3+2 body on, but there was one instance where I didn't. So I still don't know.

Well if its just going to make the two hits crit, it becomes a more flexible climactic flourish, with finishing moves left over.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-01-03 15:32:45
Link | Quote | Reply

So, it seems to drastically improve your critical hit rate for the two attacks involving Striking Flourish.

Additionally, it must be equipped during the double attack from striking flourish, or else this enhancement does not take effect.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-01-03 15:34:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Pawnskipper said:
Carbuncle.Asymptotic said:

Well if its just going to make the two hits crit, it becomes a more flexible climactic flourish, with finishing moves left over.

There was one instance where I used it and the two hits did NOT crit. It has not happened that way since, however. All other times I've used it (against mobs in Xarcabard since it was easy to jump to), the double attack was a double crit.

This is with AF3+2 body, however, so I don't know if the AF3+1 body works differently.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-01-03 17:04:31
Link | Quote | Reply

iirc critrate was found to actually cap at 95%, so it's conceivable that it maxes your critrate for those hits. Would explain the double noncrit (0.25% chance).
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-01-03 22:36:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
iirc critrate was found to actually cap at 95%, so it's conceivable that it maxes your critrate for those hits. Would explain the double noncrit (0.25% chance).

That's kind of what I was thinking.
Inside of abyssea, not too useful since you can't wear Loki's with evisceration if you wanna force a double-attack crit.

Outside however, I can see it being useful to force a double-crit on evis.