Forum » FFXI » General » Brew charging.
Brew charging.
 Valefor.Blizz
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Blizzit
By Valefor.Blizz 2011-01-03 10:13:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I am just curious what other servers are charging for brewing ?

Now before you flame away at how charging for someone to brew for someone is a waste of takeing out a nm, its the persons choice.

The normal on the server I am on is 250,000 gill per person in the ally and all drops go to te brew man - if its being done for a person after a single item, then its 1 mill gill for the brew. Is this about the same server wide, or are we being to easy on other players?

I personaly belive the price is just aboout right on our server due to being able to sack items for the 18k curour sets to equal at 30k gill per each set. Which covers the equal exchange of the brew vs abs points. The items is paying for the skill nedded to brew, and to get the job done right. The avrage time to farm 200k curor inside abyesea takes on avrage of up to 14 hrs of speed exp. or several hrs of nm killing but at a downfall of loss of time and stones.

People like to get there stuff done fast and in a hurry so i do not personaly belive this will be going away any time soon. Too many people want clears upgrades weapons ect ect. And its all about time and time one has to put into a ls for bigger items they may one day want to get. Hired brewmen is just another tool to use to speed up a player to get what he wants.

But since this post probley wont get any serious responces except omg you should not charge for brewing for people its just wrong brewing takes no skill... I just ask please sit back look at what its costing you as a player to brew for nada.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-03 10:14:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait wait the brew person gets ALL drops AND money? Wish I was on your server
 Bismarck.Arcos
Server: Bismarck
user: afranko22
By Bismarck.Arcos 2011-01-03 10:17:00
Link | Quote | Reply

No kidding, I usually do it for my pick of the drops. Thats how I got my Hecate's Earring so quick after beating shinryu.
 Phoenix.Fredjan
Server: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-01-03 10:20:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Idk, 1m gil for something as big as Hecate's Earring or epeen Ring sounds pretty fair.
Comparing it to what Novio used to cost, anyways. >.>
 Bismarck.Pawnskipper
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Pawnskipper 2011-01-03 10:20:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Blizz said:
I am just curious what other servers are charging for people to brew for them. Now before you flame away at how charging for someone to brew for someone is a waste of takeing out a nm its the persons choice. The normal on the server I am on is 250,000 gill per person in the ally and all drops go to te brew man - if its being done for a person after a single item then its 1 mill gill for the brew. Is this about the same server wide or are we being to easy on other players. I personaly belive the price is just aboout right on our server due to being able to sack items for the 18k curour sets to equal at 30k gill per each set. which covers the equal exchange of the brew vs abs points. The items is paying for the skill nedded to brew, and to get the job done right. The avrage time to farm 200k curor inside abyesea takes on avrage of up to 14 hrs of speed exp. or several hrs of nm killing but at a downfall of loss of time and stones. People like to get there stuff done fast and in a hurry so i do not personaly belive this will be going away any time soon. Too many people want clears upgrades weapons ect ect. And its all about time and time one has to put into a ls for bigger items they may one day want to get. Hired brewmen is just another tool to use to speed up a player to get what he wants. But since this post probley wont get any serious responces except omg you should not charge for brewing for people its just wrong brewing takes no skill... I just ask please sit back look at what its costing you as a player to brew for nada.

Me personally, I wouldnt charge. I would just ask that I get first pick on 1 item that drops. Demanding the money and the items is greedy. Brews dont proc weakness and brewing a NM before the proc is a waste. Its not like the other in the party didnt help to proc weakness.