Can Primeval Brew Be Dispelled?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Can Primeval Brew be dispelled?
Can Primeval Brew be dispelled?
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-01-02 20:13:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know if anyone has tried this against anything that dispels stuff.

Can mobs dispel our brew? That would be kind of awful.
 Bahamut.Dasva
Server: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-02 20:16:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Asymptotic said:
Can mobs dispel our brew? That would be kind of hilarous.
ftfy.

And idk doubt it though
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
Server: Titan
user: batboy267
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2011-01-02 20:22:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Im 90% sure they wouldn't make it so that an item that costs 2 mil in curer (or used to anyway) could be dispelled by monsters. That would just be stupid.
[+]
 Sylph.Skinner
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Skinner 2011-01-02 20:37:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm pretty sure you'd straight up resist dispel. If dispel was an add effect from a TP move, you'd probably resist it too.
[+]
 Bahamut.Aeronis
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-01-02 20:38:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Assuming it works the same way as RR.
 Bahamut.Zoltar
user: Zoltar
By Bahamut.Zoltar 2011-01-03 08:01:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone on the server told me they paid a RDM to chainspell brew Rani and Rani's first spell was dispel which only took off chainspell. The RDM managed to screw it up still
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
Server: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2011-01-03 08:17:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zoltar said:
Someone on the server told me they paid a RDM to chainspell brew Rani and Rani's first spell was dispel which only took off chainspell. The RDM managed to screw it up still

could be worse, para proc'd on my friend at shinryu fight when he went to brew, guess he was lucky it was only 200k crour and a stone

Bismarck.Pawnskipper
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Pawnskipper 2011-01-03 09:17:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Krazyrs said:
Bahamut.Zoltar said:
could be worse, para proc'd on my friend at shinryu fight when he went to brew, guess he was lucky it was only 200k crour and a stone

O.O that sucks to no extent. I cant say I wouldnt be laughing my *** off it that happened to me. Thats worse than popping a brew and as soon as I get close enough to start weoponskilling Shin, the game starts to lag. So it looked like shin was just standing there, when really he was casting and tp moving. Lag stops, shin is at full with about 40 more seconds on the brew. /facepalm

And im gonna go with the resisting a dispel answer for the brew effect.
 Asura.Kresaera
Server: Asura
user: Kresaera
By Asura.Kresaera 2011-01-03 09:18:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Krazyrs said:
Bahamut.Zoltar said:

ouch! that sucks!
 Bahamut.Zoltar
user: Zoltar
By Bahamut.Zoltar 2011-01-03 09:57:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I've only brewed Shin with THF (Aeolian Edge + Beyond/VV/Ultimate) for 8-12k minimum dmg and sometimes his hp appears to stay at 100% even though he's dead in 4-5 weaponskills. Much lag as well
 Ragnarok.Kyoshin
Server: Ragnarok
user: HaseAkira
By Ragnarok.Kyoshin 2011-01-03 10:04:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zoltar said:
I've only brewed Shin with THF (Aeolian Edge + Beyond/VV/Ultimate) for 8-12k minimum dmg and sometimes his hp appears to stay at 100% even though he's dead in 4-5 weaponskills. Much lag as well

From what I've seen of screenshots and videos, his HP bar doesn't lower at all. Even with TParty it won't show the HP %.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-03 10:08:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Kyoshin said:
Bahamut.Zoltar said:
From what I've seen of screenshots and videos, his HP bar doesn't lower at all. Even with TParty it won't show the HP %.
Sometimes it briefly shows during his tp moves.

Fenrir.Krazyrs said:
Bahamut.Zoltar said:
... And why would you brew after you engaged and got paralyzed?
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2011-01-03 10:09:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Kyoshin said:
Bahamut.Zoltar said:

//load infobar
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-03 10:11:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Who needs to know hp when you can just 2 shot it? ;)
[+]
 Lakshmi.Humie
Server: Lakshmi
user: humie
By Lakshmi.Humie 2011-01-03 10:15:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I have seen glavoid absorb somones brew once it didnt end well
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-01-03 12:14:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Humie said:
poidh
[+]
 Cerberus.Najla
Server: Cerberus
user: Najla
By Cerberus.Najla 2011-01-03 12:40:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ashman said:
Lakshmi.Humie said:
poidh
Yeah I'm not so sure about this, are you sure their brew didn't just wear off and they got pwned? A couple people in my ls have been working on their Glavoid shells and I have yet to see or hear about any of their brews being absorbed.
[+]
 Asura.Matzilla
Server: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Matzilla 2011-01-03 12:57:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Ragnarok.Kyoshin said:
Bahamut.Zoltar said:

//load infobar

/target 1
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2011-01-03 13:04:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Dispelled dont think so
slept yes
para'd yes
slowed yes
doomed yes
death (maybe)

just personal experiences.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-01-03 13:25:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I kept wanting to brew Smok but I worry about that terror :/
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-03 13:27:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ashman said:
Terror shield, or probably fools drink :). I'd love smoke atma though
 Lakshmi.Flavin
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2011-01-03 13:33:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zoltar said:

Can you kill Rani quick enough before she charms? Charm will work on someone with a brew.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-01-03 13:43:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Dasva said:
Ragnarok.Ashman said:
Terror shield, or probably fools drink :). I'd love smoke atma though

Ugh, I have one in my inventory too. I buy out from the NPC when i buy doom screens for Shinryu.
Damnit I'm dumb today. Thanks Das!!!!
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2011-01-03 13:50:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said:
Bahamut.Zoltar said:

Can you kill Rani quick enough before she charms? Charm will work on someone with a brew.
you CAN get charmed, his chance using JA are semi low not impossible.
Ninja's Yurin or mnk's penance helps.
 Bismarck.Helel
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2011-01-03 13:51:46
Link | Quote | Reply

You don't need terror screen, although it would save you a lot of trouble. I brewed it on my RDM mule who only has 200 elemental skill haha. He did get terrorized but the brew lasts for 3m and terror only lasts for about 30 seconds. Chainspell wore off but I popped a revit and killed it. This was back before terror screens were introduced so I didn't have that option. Smok doesn't have any regain either so if you're going sam you could probably kill it before it has enough tp to use a tp move.

Edit: In terms of Rani's charm, speed really doesn't have anything to do with whether you're getting charmed or not. Spells give the mob 10% tp, although this is probably reduced now with the agi update (maybe?). So you have about 10 brewed spells you can get off on Rani before she will use a tp move. Melee jobs would work the same way, it would just depend on the delay of the weapon you're using.
 Bismarck.Pawnskipper
By Bismarck.Pawnskipper 2011-01-03 13:55:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Helel said:
You don't need terror screen, although it would save you a lot of trouble. I brewed it on my RDM mule who only has 200 elemental skill haha. He did get terrorized but the brew lasts for 3m and terror only lasts for about 30 seconds. Chainspell wore off but I popped a revit and killed it. This was back before terror screens were introduced so I didn't have that option. Smok doesn't have any regain either so if you're going sam you could probably kill it before it has enough tp to use a tp move.

Sup Helel
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-01-03 14:03:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Helel said:
You don't need terror screen, although it would save you a lot of trouble. I brewed it on my RDM mule who only has 200 elemental skill haha. He did get terrorized but the brew lasts for 3m and terror only lasts for about 30 seconds. Chainspell wore off but I popped a revit and killed it. This was back before terror screens were introduced so I didn't have that option. Smok doesn't have any regain either so if you're going sam you could probably kill it before it has enough tp to use a tp move. Edit: In terms of Rani's charm, speed really doesn't have anything to do with whether you're getting charmed or not. Spells give the mob 10% tp, although this is probably reduced now with the agi update (maybe?). So you have about 10 brewed spells you can get off on Rani before she will use a tp move. Melee jobs would work the same way, it would just depend on the delay of the weapon you're using.
Meh, Even after buying souls for OAT ill have dominion notes falling out of my ***. Better safe than sorry.
 Lakshmi.Greggles
user: Greggles
By Lakshmi.Greggles 2011-01-03 20:08:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Krazyrs said:

Credit to Dasva :o
 Bismarck.Selzak
By Bismarck.Selzak 2011-01-11 13:17:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I doubt this is possible (it's not food is it?), but the thought of a Colibri eating it is pretty hilarious to me. Especially if it kept the effect indefinitely and randomly encountered shocked players just trying to kill a Colibri.