Regular Xp Pt's Totally Dead?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Regular xp Pt's Totally dead?
Regular xp Pt's Totally dead?
First Page 2 3
By Ultimarevan 2011-01-02 11:00:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Just to see how things are on other servers. BAck in the day you had what 2-3 hour wait to find 6 people within 2 levels of each other. Now since the arrival of abyssea It Seems like there are no old fashioned xp grinds. You can litterally be lfp for days before an invite occours, And building your own just seems to take as long lol.

Is this just asura? Or everyother server?
 Ramuh.Scizor
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Scizor
By Ramuh.Scizor 2011-01-02 11:03:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh is the same, trying to find equipment on the AH for jobs between 20 - 65 is almost impossible too.
 Ramuh.Thunderz
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2011-01-02 11:08:51
Link | Quote | Reply

solo solo solo solo and if its a job that cant solo.

you boned!

make a ls party
 Caitsith.Caitan
Server: Caitsith
user: Korm
By Caitsith.Caitan 2011-01-02 11:09:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I got into a regular xp pt the other day, went from elshimo > garlaige and took hours..... but it was still fun as hell. Before that though I haven't been in a regular xp grind since before abyseaa ; ;
 Diabolos.Trangnai
Server: Diabolos
user: Nai
By Diabolos.Trangnai 2011-01-02 11:39:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I would hope not. there not totally dead, but its alot rarer to see. I for one Think SE could fix the issue of normal xps by upping exp earned and chain bonuses. You could say, thats what exp rings are for but not everyone has exp rings at all times and some are better then others and harder to get.

I for one like saving my exp rings for solo exp, knowing i cant bring in as high of a return, and if i can, i cant chain so i still earn less.

The newer higher level mobs in old areas always seem to be ones that are tough and cannot be handled with at least 3-6 members (by handled i mean without having to rest every 1-3 battles). Going back to things like Colibri, Crabs, Mandys. things without insane tp moves with things like stun, or high dmg in standard areas would also help. as all of these can be found in abyssea in some way. Sometimes there are even multipule camps people can consider when exping.
 Bahamut.Evilswine
Server: Bahamut
user: Evilswine
By Bahamut.Evilswine 2011-01-02 12:33:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I have regular exp parties everyday, sometimes after 10 mins of lfp and sometimes it takes up to 4h but i dont have any problems getting exp. What i noticed is that most of the time i know 1~3 people from parties i had a day or two before already.

Edit: Yes, getting gear sucks, needs AH camping and luck
By Rustytiger 2011-01-02 14:55:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Scizor said:
Ramuh is the same, trying to find equipment on the AH for jobs between 20 - 65 is almost impossible too.

Indeed.
To the OP, it seems the best way to go is form a static party, either with friends or linkshell members nowadays.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2011-01-02 15:09:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Trangnai said:
I for one Think SE could fix the issue of normal xps by upping exp earned and chain bonuses.

Honestly, I think SE should implement Abyssea's EXP system outside. You don't "chain" as such, but if you kill fast enough your EXP counter would increase quicker.

Say you start at 80 EXP.

80 EXP -> "Chain" 1 90 EXP -> "Chain" 2 -> 100 EXP -> WHM needs a break -> 101 EXP -> "Chain" 1 111 EXP, etc etc

Cap it at ~400-500/kill, but don't give random EXP chests around. Successfully executing SC/MB's could also grant bonus EXP (similar to the Abyssea chests I guess?), maybe something like this:

Hitetsu uses Viper Bite.
The bat takes 300 points of damage.
Skillchain: Distortion!
Hitetsu defeats the bat.
Hitetsu gains 150 EXP.
Hitetsu gains 50 EXP.

I figure, not only would this make lower level PT's faster, but it might also bring back some incentive to SC/MB again
[+]
 Shiva.Berzerk
Server: Shiva
user: Berzerk06
By Shiva.Berzerk 2011-01-02 15:25:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Hitetsu said:
Diabolos.Trangnai said:
I for one Think SE could fix the issue of normal xps by upping exp earned and chain bonuses.

Honestly, I think SE should implement Abyssea's EXP system outside. You don't "chain" as such, but if you kill fast enough your EXP counter would increase quicker.

Say you start at 80 EXP.

80 EXP -> "Chain" 1 90 EXP -> "Chain" 2 -> 100 EXP -> WHM needs a break -> 101 EXP -> "Chain" 1 111 EXP, etc etc

Cap it at ~400-500/kill, but don't give random EXP chests around. Successfully executing SC/MB's could also grant bonus EXP (similar to the Abyssea chests I guess?), maybe something like this:

Hitetsu uses Viper Bite.
The bat takes 300 points of damage.
Skillchain: Distortion!
Hitetsu defeats the bat.
Hitetsu gains 150 EXP.
Hitetsu gains 50 EXP.

I figure, not only would this make lower level PT's faster, but it might also bring back some incentive to SC/MB again

Probably one of the best idea I've seen... would be awesome
By Ultimarevan 2011-01-03 09:29:03
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah that would be insanely good
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
user: dameshi
By Asura.Dameshi 2011-01-03 09:31:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't have many problems getting parties on Asura. I usually just make MMM parties though.
By HostileHavok 2011-01-03 09:36:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow that is a great suggestion and I think it would work well but then off course I am Main Samurai lol and then players will complain that Sam get more xp bonus cause they weaponskill of everyone in a party and such there are always complaints but overall great suggestion.
 Sylph.Liltrouble
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Liltrouble 2011-01-03 10:03:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Umm.. I think most, if not all of the "old school" challenges were made obsolete. SE, to try and retain their fan base, has basically handed everything over; XP, CoP, ZM's. Example: CoP came out, it was almost a year later that I saw anyone with a Tamas Ring. Abbysea came out a couple months ago and I see dozens of people in Twilight gear already. There really aren't any challenges in Abby either. The biggest (and only challenges really) are managing your time/stones and procing grellow. Seriously. "Waiting for 5-6 hours for an invite" was people's biggest complaint pre-abbysea. Funny thing is, most of those people, after SE handed them their levels, either quit, or found something else to *** about. I can't remember the last time I ever lfg. I always formed my own. With Abby, SE's also cut their own throat, imo. People just joining are gonna find it nearly impossible to level in parties and with everyone in/wanting Abby, they're unlikely gonna find any help. Why level-sync to thirtyish when you can key *** in Abby?
 Valefor.Mithano
Server: Valefor
user: mithano
By Valefor.Mithano 2011-01-03 10:06:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't tried high levels, but I still get parties fairly quick for the 30-50 subjobs. I've had some east ron (s) parties recently that were the standard birds & ladybugs with no issues.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-01-03 10:28:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I was running through Valkurm the other day and thought it was unnecessarily empty. Did /sea and the ONLY other guy there was afk outside maw :x Blew my mind. (Bricks were shat etc)
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2011-01-03 11:15:50
Link | Quote | Reply

It's dead, my SAM has been static at 63 for a long time now.

Interestingly enough, I asked politely if someone needed a key person for their abyssea pt and they blisted me on the spot.

Over-reaction much?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-01-03 11:26:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ashman said:
I was running through Valkurm the other day and thought it was unnecessarily empty. Did /sea and the ONLY other guy there was afk outside maw :x Blew my mind. (Bricks were shat etc)
Honestly that's one zone that should have been emptied a long time ago, Dunes are a *** terrible place to EXP.
By Johneblaze 2011-01-04 11:17:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I moved to asura from shiva cause lack of xp parties but since I cam e I get inv like crazy... I dunno why you are having bad luck. What job are you trying to lvl?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2011-01-04 11:44:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Candlejack said:
Cerberus.Tidis said:
It's dead, my SAM has been static at 63 for a long time now.

Interestingly enough, I asked politely if someone needed a key person for their abyssea pt and they blisted me on the spot.

Over-reaction much?

Most people building abyssea exp pts act as the key people themselves, and they only really need one or two others to help out with that, and those spots usually go to people they know instead of complete strangers (unless you can offer them at the least 500k+ gil to take up a spot). So no, it doesn't sound like an over-reaction.
@Tidus:Is it really hard that hard to level outside of abysse...
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
Server: Lakshmi
user: Minipie
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2011-01-04 11:45:12
Link | Quote | Reply

they should low the requirements of abyssea access to level to 20or 15, because now you can't really find pts unless you /sea all 20-60 invite and hoping for any higher lvl to sync with you (if any available), like it happen 3 days ago when i had to lvl blu to 30 for abyssea . yesterday i did /sea all 20-60 invite 5 people showed up on the list,my server is one of the most populated stuff are not balanced, they need to work on it
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2011-01-04 11:47:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Emanuelle said:
they should low the requirements of abyssea access to level to 20or 15, because now you can't really find pts unless you /sea all 20-60 invite and hoping for any higher lvl to sync with you (if any available), like it happen 3 days ago when i had to lvl blu to 30 for abyssea . yesterday i did /sea all 20-60 invite 5 people showed up on the list, even if my server is one of the most populated
Why do you people feel the need to cling to abyssea when you'd die 1 hit where-ever you go?
Seems silly to lower something like that, completely ludicrous. I personally think having 30's go out there is a bit sad as well.

if we didn't have 30+ abyssea that'd squash a lot of the problems with leveling low levels rather than have a bunch of people wanting to leech their way to having so many jobs capped.
 Cerberus.Deadmaus
user: Danzo
By Cerberus.Deadmaus 2011-01-04 12:14:18
Link | Quote | Reply

IF ANYTHING they should raise it to at least 65+. Joining alliances where I'm practically breaking my back soloing mobs faster than a party of full aurore's ruins the fun for me.

Like I've always said before, I don't bash because of gear choices, I bash because 95% of the time I'm the one picking up your slack.

Your, in general, no one specific in this thread.

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2011-01-04 12:23:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd have rather they added a few new lower level camps to facilitate leveling subs if anything, but it's not like you don't have decent xp available for low level, just not breakneck level to cap in one day speed.

I'm fine with leveling my low levels outside of abyssea though.
think it's a bit lazy to sit and request leech all day on a lower level when you could just be leveling in the meantime.

Ramuh.Scizor said:
lolwhatgate?
best way to refer to WG anymore.
[+]
 Siren.Catabolic
Server: Siren
user: Catabolic
By Siren.Catabolic 2011-01-04 12:43:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Emanuelle said:
they should low the requirements of abyssea access to level to 20or 15, because now you can't really find pts unless you /sea all 20-60 invite and hoping for any higher lvl to sync with you (if any available), like it happen 3 days ago when i had to lvl blu to 30 for abyssea . yesterday i did /sea all 20-60 invite 5 people showed up on the list,my server is one of the most populated stuff are not balanced, they need to work on it

Opposite. They should place a lvl restriction of at least 60 on abby (I'd say 70 personally) And add camps/increase exp outside of abby. It should still resemble a grind pre-maat imo.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2011-01-04 13:00:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:

The search was 37-38 inv. If I cared I would make one, and if I went to Jeuno I would surely get another island pt, but I won't take those. If I grab any of those 11 and ask if they will duo with me I can be done with the levels I want. Alternatively I can go solo pets like I did on BLM, SMN, and BLU.

Getting XP is not hard, but finding people who are not leeching in abyssea, still need xp on subs out of abyssea, and leveling your sub as fast as a pt solo is.
Sorry but unless Pandemonium is far more populated than Cerb I call BS, just did sea all inv 1-65 and got 15 people.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2011-01-04 13:01:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:

The search was 37-38 inv. If I cared I would make one, and if I went to Jeuno I would surely get another island pt, but I won't take those. If I grab any of those 11 and ask if they will duo with me I can be done with the levels I want. Alternatively I can go solo pets like I did on BLM, SMN, and BLU.

Getting XP is not hard, but finding people who are not leeching in abyssea, still need xp on subs out of abyssea, and leveling your sub as fast as a pt solo is.
Ping pong!
First Page 2 3