Forum » FFXI » NMs » 4 Man Yilbegan
4 Man Yilbegan
 Fenrir.Curty
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Curty
By Fenrir.Curty 2011-01-02 00:07:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Just thought I would share a quick experience because it was the most fun I have had on ffxi in awhile.

Was helping a friend trio krabtokoa for his ring, and he ended up getting black abyssite. We called down some friends to give Yilbegan a try, not really expecting to win. Our setup was nin/war(me), whm/sch (Omradelf), rdm/blm (Shaden), and brd/whm (Thandar).

Was a very interesting monster to fight because I am so used to abyssea where my nin can output damage so easily, but this guy was going through stages where my melee attacks were doing 0. We faced a couple nasty spots, I think each member died at one point or another (Thank god for weakness reset on Nin 2 hour). But we were able to pull it off in about 40 minutes. Sadly it dropped nothing but crystals... Still a damn fun time though.

Anyone else have any experience low manning monsters that used to be ridiculously tough for even full alliances? My next goals are to try out Jormy, Saramaya, and maybe even pull this Pandemonium Warden pop that has been in my mog forever.
 Asura.Matzilla
Server: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Matzilla 2011-01-02 00:11:59
Link | Quote | Reply

yilbegans without shadows were always a joke, no point in even killing them
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-01-02 00:16:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Sarameya was tough for alliances?

PW would be interesting but I doubt you could really trim it down to a truely lowman setup just because of his mechanics. Numerous adds dictates a few people to handle them and then there's just no getting around Astral Flow spam.
 Bismarck.Nalien
Server: Bismarck
user: juro
By Bismarck.Nalien 2011-01-02 00:23:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Sarameya was weak, Jormy too.

Both are fun to kill with less than a party though.