Is Campaign Dead?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Campaign » Is Campaign dead?
Is Campaign dead?
 Bahamut.Aeronis
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-05-31 14:55:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Tohihroyu said:
Where is this so called "update" for CB?

Though the gear is "obsolete now" I (and some others) would not mind playing Fiat Lux ...not that Bastokers would ever get it >_>

There where some rumors that seals & +2 stuff would drop (coins, cards, stones & so on)

And to Nevil's question if you have Medal of Altana you would need to beat all your nation's quests in order to not lose it (I.e finsh Bonds of Mythril if you are in Bastok, Face of the Future if in San d Oria, or At Journey's End if in Windurst)
I would still like to have a Tiercel necklace. :|

Also, Organized campaign take-overs are still organized occasionally for the zones that actually matter, which is really only Windurst.
 Odin.Liela
Server: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2011-05-31 15:08:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Alymorel said:
I'd campaign, but the big problem is if you die, you're dead. No one else shows up, let alone one that is a mage that can get your *** up. You aren't even getting XP anymore because you have to constantly home point, making it a complete waste of time and totally pointless.

I want skill ups back too... ; ;

When I did campaign, I didn't trust whms to raise even if there were 82 of them there. So I'd usually buy a scroll from the guy that gives tags. You can only buy it from him if your nation is in control of the area, I believe, or perhaps you can even if beastmen are in control as long as it is your nation. They are pretty cheap, when you go to the menu to buy them they are in the cheapest bracket. And if you don't die, you keep the reraise effect when you leave to fight in another area.
 Phoenix.Degs
Server: Phoenix
user: Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2011-05-31 15:13:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Liela said:
Asura.Alymorel said:
I'd campaign, but the big problem is if you die, you're dead. No one else shows up, let alone one that is a mage that can get your *** up. You aren't even getting XP anymore because you have to constantly home point, making it a complete waste of time and totally pointless.

I want skill ups back too... ; ;

When I did campaign, I didn't trust whms to raise even if there were 82 of them there. So I'd usually buy a scroll from the guy that gives tags. You can only buy it from him if your nation is in control of the area, I believe, or perhaps you can even if beastmen are in control as long as it is your nation. They are pretty cheap, when you go to the menu to buy them they are in the cheapest bracket. And if you don't die, you keep the reraise effect when you leave to fight in another area.
Also there are quite a few NPC's within campaign that will raise and heal you... plus pixies/sprites. but theres not alot of reason to even do campaign anymore, most things are soloable, for decent xp. especially since they increased EXP gain from EP+ mobs... and GOV/FOV gives some good enhancements and xp bonuses. all in all, 100% no reason to do campaign unless you want a medal
 Cerberus.Zandra
Server: Cerberus
user: Zandra7
By Cerberus.Zandra 2011-05-31 15:17:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Campaign is easy mode, if you want to take over northlands, go for it. Get a small group of 6+ players together on saturday night or sunday morning and go beat the hell out of the mobs. You don't even need to have an actual battle going on to have the effect. Gather everyone outside the actual turrets and pull the mobs to you 1-2 at a time, at lvl 90 they will waste away pretty quickly and your influence will rise pretty fast.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Chihgo
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Chihgo 2011-05-31 15:28:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Zandra said:
Campaign is easy mode, if you want to take over northlands, go for it. Get a small group of 6+ players together on saturday night or sunday morning and go beat the hell out of the mobs. You don't even need to have an actual battle going on to have the effect. Gather everyone outside the actual turrets and pull the mobs to you 1-2 at a time, at lvl 90 they will waste away pretty quickly and your influence will rise pretty fast.

have to disagree on that. I saw some 90's (especially on Meriphataud Mountain (S)) which have really problems on regular mobs and you want fight them tougher mobs of the Kindreds?

Can just agree to my posters before, that SE made the mobs definetly too strong (or the NPCs to weak?). I agree on better rewards as well (was suggesting some Abyssea stuff like Card of Valor or something like else, or gear which has Abyssea potential) because only a real real few people care about a Lvl 55 Cobra Unit Casters Coat.

EDIT: Hey Kenchion ^^
By Drjones 2011-05-31 15:40:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Campaign is dead and buried. The beastmen are regularly raiding the cities.

I got my Rose Strap and got the hell out. It's just a really unrewarding environment the way it is now. I don't see the appeal of an empty battlefield.
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-05-31 15:41:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Zandra said:

Not really, it takes a long time to get all those areas under control.
[+]
 Cerberus.Eugene
Server: Cerberus
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2011-05-31 15:48:40
Link | Quote | Reply