Abyssea - Vunkerl Fame/Reputation 3?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Abyssea - Vunkerl Fame/Reputation 3?
Abyssea - Vunkerl Fame/Reputation 3?
By Crafter 2010-12-30 19:11:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Need to know the fastest way to get Fame/Reputation 3 in Abyssea - Vunkerl for the quest, Whither the Whisker to receive Crimson Abyssite of Celerity. I see three ways.

Fastest I See is A Ward to end all Wards. I was thinking of just spamming Avian Remex are currently 1k on my sever's AH.

Second Fastest that I see is The Boxwatcher's Behest. Do Heavyset 5-6 Time's people report is fame 3.

Third and last way is Campaign Ops a few time's.

I want the fastest way which is number one. Can anyone verify that I can just spam AH objects to a NPC for fame Rank 3, and if so can I get a estimated number of time's to spam the NPC with the buyable item.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Axle
Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Zephin
By Carbuncle.Axle 2010-12-30 19:15:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Crafter said:

Fastest I See is A Ward to end all Wards. I was thinking of just spamming Avian Remex are currently 1k on my sever's AH.

Go through the AH and find more 1k items, can prob go with 5-10 at a time. The time it took to wait for this reply you could almost be done.
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2010-12-30 19:36:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I did about 13 or so ward to end all wards, 1 heavey sack and about 4 or 5 lightest sacks and had rank 3.

Imo the boxwatcher's behest is the best way of doing it, zero gil involved and a chance at seals is pretty nice.
 Leviathan.Optimis
Server: Leviathan
user: optimisx
By Leviathan.Optimis 2010-12-30 19:37:09
Link | Quote | Reply

The boxwatcher one is easy did it nin/dnc with a rr earring just started the quest died raised up and the weight effect was off did it about 6x
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-12-30 19:58:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Axle said:
Crafter said:

Go through the AH and find more 1k items, can prob go with 5-10 at a time. The time it took to wait for this reply you could almost be done.

Personally I traded 2 stacks on Sanguinets for this quest. That got me enough fame for the whisker in almost no time at all~
[+]
Server: Odin
By Odin.Chazzyphizzle 2010-12-30 20:17:39
Link | Quote | Reply

seconding the sanguinets, they were boss as ***.
By Crafter 2010-12-30 20:34:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I think I'm going to do that as well 24k a Stack not bad and I don't have to keep going from abyssea to AH and back. Thank's for the input Hitetsu.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2010-12-30 20:51:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Optimis said:
The boxwatcher one is easy did it nin/dnc with a rr earring just started the quest died raised up and the weight effect was off did it about 6x

Warning to those who do this. Make sure you watch whose around, because there were stories of people getting GM'd for exploiting this. Believe it was on wiki...
 Asura.Fuuneko
Server: Asura
user: Fuuneko
By Asura.Fuuneko 2010-12-31 08:48:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I found A Ward to End All Wards the easiest way to raise your Vunkerl fame - Just fill your inventory with cheap items from the list on the wiki page and trade them one by one. I got to lvl 4 fame with ~20 items and they were all 1-3k each.
By Crafter 2011-01-03 19:55:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I took everyone's input and did the item's, What I did was wait 5 Day's after buying all the Abyssea's, Went around got all the Telepoints for them, Went in to abyssea and Did the Rep trade item quest 36 trades, Turned around traded my whisker, got the crimson 4hr off stone, than I headed over to a Hero of Abyssea zone and bought the Ivory 4hr off stone with the cruors from all the trade's, went back to See my Stone's amounts and they went from 6 to 10 within 11mins, I don't know why not 12.

But anyways thanks again for all the input. I just came back to FFXI and hope I can enjoy it once more.