Forum » FFXI » General » PC controller help
PC controller help
 Gilgamesh.Topdogg
Server: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
user: opti09
By Gilgamesh.Topdogg 2010-12-29 18:16:06
Link | Quote | Reply

[Hello!] I just purchased a Logitech pos controller and went into the ffxi config to assign buttons. well, for some reason it wont let me assign L2 and R2 for my macros. Anyone know why? I tried pluging in my old controller and it wouldnt let me set those either. Hopefully someone can answer this, thanks in advanced
 Bismarck.Dreakon
Server: Bismarck
user: Dreakon
By Bismarck.Dreakon 2010-12-29 18:20:36
Link | Quote | Reply

If it's anything like the 360 controller, the L2 and R2 buttons are being seen as analog axis and not button, and XI can't use them. I have to use 3rd party drivers to play XI and alot of older games with my 360 controller.
 Gilgamesh.Topdogg
By Gilgamesh.Topdogg 2010-12-29 18:28:31
Link | Quote | Reply

blah, well to be exact, its a Logitech F310. it's styled like a ps2 controller. Ive installed the drivers and all else is working fine, but it just wont let me assign those top buttons. Old controller was a ps2 style also, but it wont let me assign it on that either. Makes me think theres something in the gamepad config in ffxi im missing or over looking.
 Luz
By Luz 2010-12-29 18:30:49
Link | Quote | Reply

If all else fails there are applications to map the buttons you want to a certain keys. It will be something else you have to run but it takes virtually no resources anyway.
 Gilgamesh.Topdogg
By Gilgamesh.Topdogg 2010-12-29 18:56:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dreakon said:
If it's anything like the 360 controller, the L2 and R2 buttons are being seen as analog axis and not button, and XI can't use them. I have to use 3rd party drivers to play XI and alot of older games with my 360 controller.

yeah that seems to be the problem. Same as a ps3, L and R triggers are pressure sensitive and ffxi detects it as analog. and i believe these are pressure sensitive :/