Blade: Hi WS Set.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » Blade: Hi WS Set.
Blade: Hi WS Set.
First Page 2 3 ... 47 48 49 ... 50 51 52
 Leviathan.Kincard
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2012-09-24 14:56:37
Link | Quote | Reply

The best current set involves a couple of the Hexed-1 gear, namely Khepri Jacket and I think Tenryu Hakama +1. Wouldn't recommend trying to find them unless you're really *that* obsessed with Ninja. =P
 Fenrir.Kaioshin
Server: Fenrir
user: Troair
By Fenrir.Kaioshin 2012-10-06 01:47:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Otomis said: »

I only really play Nin Abyssea as well, that being said using the nin.Dps.Xml.

I am seeing that Using full 5/5 Thaumas will out preform Athos Body.

Getting 5200 with Athos and 5300 with Thaumas. Has anyone tested this?

I do not have either piece, but am working to get them some day. and would love to know.

I'm trying to figure out why you would use Thaumas hands over Iga Tekko +2.
 Leviathan.Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2012-10-06 01:50:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Set bonus would push it over Iga Tekko +2. (With 3 pieces already, it's another +5 to STR/DEX/AGI)
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sambb
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sambb
By Carbuncle.Sambb 2012-10-06 01:51:28
Link | Quote | Reply

because of the set bonus.... perhaps... thats what they are on about when they are saying they are getting 5/5 supposed to be being better than using athos...................
 Leviathan.Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2012-10-06 02:01:46
Link | Quote | Reply

4/5 Thaumas is good, but Thaumas Coat doesn't do so hot on Hi even with +5 STR/DEX/AGI from set with so many other great choices.

Granted, some people will probably get Thaumas before Athos since Botulus shouts are rare as hell these days, at least on my server. Loki's and Iga+2 still beats it though.
 Fenrir.Kaioshin
By Fenrir.Kaioshin 2012-10-06 02:11:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Kincard said: »
4/5 Thaumas is good, but Thaumas Coat doesn't do so hot on Hi even with +5 STR/DEX/AGI from set with so many other great choices.

Granted, some people will probably get Thaumas before Athos since Botulus shouts are rare as hell these days, at least on my server. Loki's and Iga+2 still beats it though.

Our rex shouts happen, its just the death that follows blows. No one ever comes prepared.
 Sylph.Ashiya
Server: Sylph
user: Ashee
By Sylph.Ashiya 2012-10-07 14:01:33
Link | Quote | Reply

the set I wanna build for my Hi...

http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/275022 (inside aby)

http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/275027 (outside aby)

Still debating on some pieces I should leave/change for outside abyssea. I'd do some of the new event related material like vw and woe and stuffs... but work has gotten "busy" for the past few weeks >< (stupid holiday shopping!)

P.S stupid question... How do you guys attack ur gearset on a comment
 Leviathan.Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2012-10-07 15:37:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Tag to post itemset is [itemset].

Bit confused by the sets because of the katanas in each, did you get them backwards? Kamome inside, Arisui outside.

Qirmiz is better than Aliyat both inside and outside. Crudelis should be better than ele and Kacura is a decent piece for legs off the AH, I'd go farm a Haidate and try to get a decent augment on it though (not too bad to farm up Byakko and get some crit damage on Pants, only annoying if you're trying for a perfect augment like I did). Iga Hakama is never a good choice for it. Rajas is alright outside depending on your dDEX but otherwise use another AGI ring until you can find Epona's. Use Rancorous Mantle instead of Rancor Collar if you can afford it. Brutal will beat Ghillie.

Check throughout the thread for good sets, or (shameless plug) you can check the Blade: Hi section here for some options.
 Sylph.Ashiya
Server: Sylph
user: Ashee
By Sylph.Ashiya 2012-10-07 22:01:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Tag to post itemset is [itemset].

Bit confused by the sets because of the katanas in each, did you get them backwards? Kamome inside, Arisui outside.

Qirmiz is better than Aliyat both inside and outside. Crudelis should be better than ele and Kacura is a decent piece for legs off the AH, I'd go farm a Haidate and try to get a decent augment on it though (not too bad to farm up Byakko and get some crit damage on Pants, only annoying if you're trying for a perfect augment like I did). Iga Hakama is never a good choice for it. Rajas is alright outside depending on your dDEX but otherwise use another AGI ring until you can find Epona's. Use Rancorous Mantle instead of Rancor Collar if you can afford it. Brutal will beat Ghillie.

Check throughout the thread for good sets, or (shameless plug) you can check the Blade: Hi section here for some options.

Nah, set #2 is what I would wear if it "was" outside abyssea* Hence Kamome being on set#2 while Arisui being on set #1 and Ghillie being in the earing slot because atm still can't afford a decent AGI earring. I am a bit confused full-timing Qirmiz after I got aliyat's (which I thought help with the ws modifier inside aby) and the iga pants were for acc if I had any issues... Finally, I got 3 STR merits and 1 AGI + my race is Mythra. Also I would like to add my current gearset which I'm using atm. (Oh and excuse my horrible grammar! =P)

Kannagi/Arisui(Agi ToM)
Aliyats/Qirmiz (indesisive)
Ocelomeh.
Rancor Collar
Brutal/Ghillie
Loki's
Iga tekko +1 (working on +2) and shooting for those seiryu's as mentioned)
Raja's/Solemn (can't afford the new ele stat rings...)
Atheling
Crudelis
Tumbler Trunks
Koga kyahan+2

P.S thanks for the link very informative! :D
 Fenrir.Kaioshin
By Fenrir.Kaioshin 2012-10-08 20:36:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I use Windbuffet above all other belts for Blade Hi. Should I stahp?
 Leviathan.Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2012-10-08 20:44:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Most likely. Anguinus is often better since NIN is starved for acc/attack on harder enemies, and for stuff where you don't need that Crudelis will beat Windbuffet a lot of the time.

Windbuffet's better in Abyssea though. Personally I've always thought if you were going to choose one, it's better to gear towards non-Abyssea stuff given that the extra damage doesn't even really matter in there, unless you want awesome screenshots. =P
[+]
 Fenrir.Kaioshin
By Fenrir.Kaioshin 2012-10-08 21:03:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Most likely. Anguinus is often better since NIN is starved for acc/attack on harder enemies, and for stuff where you don't need that Crudelis will beat Windbuffet a lot of the time.

Windbuffet's better in Abyssea though. Personally I've always thought if you were going to choose one, it's better to gear towards non-Abyssea stuff given that the extra damage doesn't even really matter in there, unless you want awesome screenshots. =P

Well said! So basically till I get Anguinus I should rock a crudelis outside and windbuffet inside.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [31 days between previous and next post]
 Lakshmi.Watusa
Server: Lakshmi
user: Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2012-11-08 15:40:08
Link | Quote | Reply

On my way to finishing up my Kannagi, what are some good sets for non-NNI players? Most of the ones I see here have Thaumas everywhere :(
 Leviathan.Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2012-11-08 15:55:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Ocelomeh Head
Athos Tabard, Loki's Kaftan, Iga Ningi +2
Seiryu's Kote (Aug)
Byakko's Haidate (Aug)
Koga Kyahan +2
[+]
 Lakshmi.Watusa
Server: Lakshmi
user: Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2012-11-08 15:59:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Ocelomeh Head
Athos Tabard, Loki's Kaftan, Iga Ningi +2
Seiryu's Kote (Aug)
Byakko's Haidate (Aug)
Koga Kyahan +2

Simple, to the point. Thank you.
By itchi508 2012-11-11 21:13:19
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/253035 my current set w/ 85 kannagi i feel pretty confidant in it dmg > dyna doing 3-4k average on EP's and occ spiking 5-6k. VW such as pil averaging 3-4k. and aby averaging 5-6k & spiking 8k on anything from exp mobs to NMs such as bhukis, glavoid to isgebind, just curious of what some other peoples numbers
 Carbuncle.Xenhas
user: Xenhas
By Carbuncle.Xenhas 2012-11-11 22:42:36
Link | Quote | Reply

itchi508 said: »
http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/253035 my current set w/ 85 kannagi i feel pretty confidant in it dmg > dyna doing 3-4k average on EP's and occ spiking 5-6k. VW such as pil averaging 3-4k. and aby averaging 5-6k & spiking 8k on anything from exp mobs to NMs such as bhukis, glavoid to isgebind, just curious of what some other peoples numbers

eyeball averaging, eh?
[+]
VIP
By Jassik 2012-11-11 23:00:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I've never seen blade: hi doing 4K on anything T3+ in VW ever. The spikes in abby I believe, but no way are you averaging 3-4K even on EP in dyna with an 85...
 Carbuncle.Xenhas
user: Xenhas
By Carbuncle.Xenhas 2012-11-11 23:32:17
Link | Quote | Reply

1k dmg is a pretty big variance too

especially when we are talking about an average

which is one number
By itchi508 2012-11-12 05:17:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Apparently you misread my post i didn ask for your opinion i asked what others are doing for dmg, and yes i do average those numbers with 85kannagi im sure im not the only one in fact there are ppl out there doin more im a beliver of if theres no SS it didn happen but this isnt a case where im boasting this is asking for otheres input on there dmg with a comparison to what iv given, also VW Nins are always just for proc sitn in mage pt with no buffs. take your nin into DD party w/ rolls/songs! And in dyna, there EPs not DC if u doubt it then u need work on your kannagi because i do 2-3 ruinaters and see bst doin higher dmg then me some times, bst ruininater can out perform your nin?
 Carbuncle.Pwnzone
user: Pwnzone
By Carbuncle.Pwnzone 2012-11-12 06:58:09
Link | Quote | Reply

This seems to be another person who lacks the knowledge of what a true average is. An average is not eyeballing your highest ws numbers & throwing those out there. Its taking ALL the weaponskills(good & bad) and finding the true average based on that.

now if youre looking for advice for your gearset, youre def in the right place. Do i own a kannagi? no but am i well aware of what a 85kannagi is capable of? yes. Ill tell you right now, those are not true averages based on my 2 nin main friends with 90kannagi's & a much better gearset. If you would like to know what actual average numbers are, id gladly ask because im planning to own one at some point as well.
 Fenrir.Leoheart
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2012-11-12 07:09:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Apparently you misread my post i didn ask for your opinion i asked what others are doing for dmg, and yes i do average those numbers with 85kannagi im sure im not the only one in fact there are ppl out there doin more im a beliver of if theres no SS it didn happen but this isnt a case where im boasting this is asking for otheres input on there dmg with a comparison to what iv given, also VW Nins are always just for proc sitn in mage pt with no buffs. take your nin into DD party w/ rolls/songs! And in dyna, there EPs not DC if u doubt it then u need work on your kannagi because i do 2-3 ruinaters and see bst doin higher dmg then me some times, bst ruininater can out perform your nin?

I average 1-10k, everywhere.
[+]
 Odin.Basster
Server: Odin
user: Lehmie
By Odin.Basster 2012-11-14 13:18:34
Link | Quote | Reply

orz Jassik
i got nearly best gear & Kana99 for Hi and i do only 2.5k average on VWt3+ - sure 1-2 time's got da/ta/qu with pretty god dmg but never average :p
And ..... i didnt know but u go nin/war inside aby with cor/brd mule for getting 3-4k average?? - oh guy pls post pics :P

srry for my english (^^*)
By Boredwithyou 2012-11-14 15:22:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Wondering what i should do different on this set. I dont have Athos but i have thaumas and toci body. I have thaumas gloves both tekko+2, legs i have bh with 6agi but no crit. Earrings still trying to figure out what to use for my 2nd.
The seiryu kotes have +5acc/4stp/3crihit

But heres what im using now. Just trying to find the right combo
By Boredwithyou 2012-11-14 15:32:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Right now 90kannagi, soli as /war in aby 3.5k is pretty normal with lows hitting 2.5k ish, and highs spiking at 6k ish. Outside vs qilin i parsed yesterday was lows of 800dmg, highs of 1.9k,
 Cerberus.Detzu
Server: Cerberus
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2012-11-14 15:54:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Boredwithyou said: »
Right now 90kannagi, soli as /war in aby 3.5k is pretty normal with lows hitting 2.5k ish, and highs spiking at 6k ish. Outside vs qilin i parsed yesterday was lows of 800dmg, highs of 1.9k,

I'm watching my last parse when I was doing Qilin as nin/war Kannagi 85
Low : 193
High : 2996
Average : 1818

No buffs besides VW buffs i was in BLM party.
I finished 3rd behind Apoc drk (#1) and Vere Mnk (#2).

I think people were using cruors for chocobo blinking instead of leveling atmacites...
By Boredwithyou 2012-11-14 17:09:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Nah capped atmas in vw but only 2 dont have the 3rd.never did that choco thingy. Was to time consuming. But nice assumtion.
 Carbuncle.Sambb
user: Sambb
By Carbuncle.Sambb 2012-11-14 17:49:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Leoheart said: »
I average 1-10k, everywhere.

Best post ever lol
 Shiva.Kolossuss
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Kolossuss 2012-11-14 17:58:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Longest run-on sentence I've seen posted on FFXIAH.com.
 Carbuncle.Burkey
user: Burkey
By Carbuncle.Burkey 2012-11-14 18:16:34
Link | Quote | Reply

idonteven

but really, even if every other dd in the alliance is doing something wrong, they will out dd a nin (reso/shoha/ukko/smite/etc)
First Page 2 3 ... 47 48 49 ... 50 51 52