Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » BST subs
BST subs
 Kujata.Dripht
Server: Kujata
Game: FFXI
user: Hellish
By Kujata.Dripht 2010-12-25 23:16:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I just go back into 11 about 2 weeks ago, and Bst has changed a lot. What subs are people running? I got 49Nin,49Whm,49Dnc, is there anything else people are using that is better for NMs or w/e?
 Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-12-25 23:28:42
Link | Quote | Reply

/RDM works also for Primal Rend, for MAB II. I just got back to leveling BST 2 weeks ago, so I don't know what others subs you would need other than the ones you have done already.
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
Server: Lakshmi
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2010-12-25 23:47:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Those are the three subs I've ever used. Never had a reason to sub anything else.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Gotterdammerung
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Gotterdammerung 2010-12-26 00:22:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Nin dancer and whitemage are the main must have subs.

Ive added darkknight to my must have list as well. It adds sword club and scythe red WS !! triggers, Poisonga (add claimer) and gives access to stun wich can be incredibly handy on certain NMs solo and in alliance.

Rdm blm and blu can all be used creativly to push out higher Primal Rend damage and cloudsplitter damage. But at the end of the day you lose a lot by subbing these jobs and it takes a while to get comfortable with them.

Thf used to be a needed sub for farming but with dipper yuly giving natural TH its no longer needed. Its still semi useful to have if u have taken the time to make a Sneak attack Mistral Axe set. You wont find many times to use the combo but when u do its very fun to safely Sata from 15 yalms back.

War is and always has been a very strong DD sub. And it is even more viable for bst than most jobs with there ability to snarl the monsters attention on to a punching dummy.

Sam sub can be fun with cloudsplitter soloing chains but is personally a little too gimicky for my tastes.
Server: Siren
By Siren.Flunklesnarkin 2010-12-26 00:37:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I like to /whm.. im always raising other bst's that get carried away >_>
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-12-26 01:31:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Dancer, dancer and Dancer.

Violent Flourish makes Dancer the absolute subjob for just about anything. There's always exceptions, but they're so few and far between, I don't bother mentioning them.
[+]