Forum » FFXI » NMs » Ulhuadashi
Ulhuadashi
 Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu
Server: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
user: Kunimitsu
By Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu 2010-12-24 07:46:47
Link | Quote | Reply

So im about to start properly into the Empyrean trials for mnk, and have only fought Ulhuadashi ocne before, in an alli of mostly AB'd smn. I already know my group can take Chloris np, so just wondering whats a minimum needed for this guy? We are usually mnk brd rdm, all with decent gear and good atma/abyssites. We all have other jobs available though if another setup would be better?

I noticed on wiki it doesnt mention gorge or disgorge either, this guy doesn't use them?

Oh and one mroe thing regarding the emp upgrade items in general. Is it possible to get 2 drops from an nm/is there a decent droprate on 2nd without grellow? Or would we be better off holding our pops till we can get a gauranteed grellow trigger? Thanks XD
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-12-24 07:51:19
Link | Quote | Reply

haven't fought him lowman myself but I hear mnk whm rdm should be able to kill it just fine.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-12-24 07:51:37
Link | Quote | Reply

As for grellow, always recommended.
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
Server: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2010-12-24 07:53:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Can duo him rdm and a blm, or sch and blm, or 2x rdms 2x sch etc and kite/bounce hate. better to have one form of rdm/sch for cure4.

I've done a lot of emp nms and we never get grellow and consistently see 2 items/kill. We bring thf, and the times when I've killed w/o thf, you do see more 1/kill, so definitely bring a thf if you want~ But yeah, you don't need grellow at all. You're better off getting some 1/kill than brining a blm/nin/brd/blu and wasting 4 peoples time spamming it 25-50 times; unless of course, you're offering af3+2 items to them~
 Ramuh.Ragni
Server: Ramuh
user: Ragni
By Ramuh.Ragni 2010-12-24 08:16:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I killed him many times trio NIN (with kannagi) WHM and BRD. It's 5 mins fight in that setup. He is too weak. Did him without BRD too. Just need to look out on TP move called Psyche sunction.
 Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu
By Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu 2010-12-24 08:35:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah, well thats good to know it can drop 2 regardless. Will still try for grellow with what we got anyway. Thansk for the advice guys, feel a little better about doing this now :)
 Asura.Nalien
Server: Asura
user: juro
By Asura.Nalien 2010-12-24 09:12:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Can solo him by the usual manaburn/kite or duo with a DD and good mage, so just bring what is needed to trigger your desired !!
He's about as easy as CC, just without the possibility to Gravity/Bind (still piss)
[+]
 Asura.Azildas
user: Azildas
By Asura.Azildas 2010-12-24 09:33:28
Link | Quote | Reply

TH is the main attribute that effects the fang drop rate. Grellow will only effect the AF3 +2 drops. Having a TH hit him, we have always got 2 fangs even when grellow was not triggered.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-12-24 09:37:00
Link | Quote | Reply

pretty(not 100%) sure grellow is all magian items, whick would include emp upgrades
 Asura.Nalien
user: juro
By Asura.Nalien 2010-12-24 09:53:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Azildas said:
TH is the main attribute that effects the fang drop rate. Grellow will only effect the AF3 +2 drops. Having a TH hit him, we have always got 2 fangs even when grellow was not triggered.
This.
On the other hand you may find yourself only getting one fang without a TH but a green !! instead.
[+]
 Asura.Echandra
user: Echandra
By Asura.Echandra 2010-12-25 15:25:48
Link | Quote | Reply

For Trophy it's TH, TH, TH, it's a regular item drop. Might as well get the yellow for those +2's though.

mnk/thf, war/sam , 2 whms, and I was on nin/dnc. First few fights those two did most of the dmg, I would just occasionally stick in some kannagi action and TP down ninjutsu and yellow procs. The /thf TH and JP button worked got us double drops each fight. The war had to leave, and two other rdms joined us, still easy fight. usually 8-10 minutes of work. Just popped and pulled over by efts. I don't know about other servers but some some reason, groups here always pull it clear the *** over to conflux 3 and take it sightseeing.

IMO, the more people you bring, the harder this fight is. If people start feeing it TP, it can mow down your tanks quick. Less is better! The fact that Amun repops so quickly and can be easily accessed by flux 5 to 8 and pallid is right around the corner, you can make quick work of this stage.
 Cerberus.Eliane
Server: Cerberus
user: Eliane
By Cerberus.Eliane 2010-12-25 15:38:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Should be grellowing it anyway for AF dorps '_'

Cant hurt to just do grellow anyway, i remmeber half my cireins only dropped 1 lantern anyway even with grellow ><
 Odin.Sinharvest
Server: Odin
By Odin.Sinharvest 2010-12-25 15:44:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea, with just TH, I've gotten 18 of my buds in 9 chloris, yellow is only for mats and seals and af stuff from my experience. Having a thf pretty much gives you 2 drops.
 Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu
By Gilgamesh.Kunimitsu 2010-12-29 08:40:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Ty for the advice with this, been killing it alot the past few days, 18/50 in 10 kills without a thf so not too bad :). Trioing it mnk/nin blm/brd and whm/something so managed to trigger most of them anyways.
Amun though is being a right *** lol. Been really unlucky with KI on it =/