FFXI: Worth Returning To?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » FFXI: worth returning to?
FFXI: worth returning to?
 Bahamut.Shaj
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Shaj
By Bahamut.Shaj 2010-12-24 12:21:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes! It is!
[+]
 Cerberus.Irohuro
Server: Cerberus
user: Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2010-12-24 12:38:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Elanabelle said:

longer answer: the game has been irrevocably altered since you last played, but the majority of players, excluding Pimpchan, have found the new additions and changes to be refreshing and positive. You just have to be willing to accept that the dynamics of the game have changed now.

haha, great response.
 Valefor.Sketchkat
Server: Valefor
user: sketchkat
By Valefor.Sketchkat 2010-12-24 12:57:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Funny how the same reasons are given for both being in favor of returning and being against it. I'd fall into the "against" category...as interesting as Abyssea was at first, I quickly got tired of the entire game taking place in a couple of zones. And as I have mentioned before, it would've been different if these zones had co-existed with the previous 200 or so zones in FFXI, but to have the entire world shoved aside for the sake of these few areas? Not my cup o' tea. If, however, this sounds like a good time to you, go for it.
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-12-24 17:45:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sketchkat said:
Funny how the same reasons are given for both being in favor of returning and being against it. I'd fall into the "against" category...as interesting as Abyssea was at first, I quickly got tired of the entire game taking place in a couple of zones. And as I have mentioned before, it would've been different if these zones had co-existed with the previous 200 or so zones in FFXI, but to have the entire world shoved aside for the sake of these few areas? Not my cup o' tea. If, however, this sounds like a good time to you, go for it.

The strength of abyssea is in it's design. Where as the old FFXI had you working incredibly hard for one, abrupt payoff, Abyssea design philosophy is all about Quantifiable progress. The Empyrean weapons are a fairly good embodiment of that. Contrasting The kings system with the Empyrean (And most of the EAF system) you can see the sudden shift.

The design change is hopefully a foreshadowing of the direction of gameplay FFXI will take into the next Years, but that doesn't, nor will it ever, excuse the copy-pasta zones of Abyssea. Should there be another expansion, the team would do well to actually take us somewhere new, something like what Aht Urghan and Chains of Promathia did.
 Asura.Wordspoken
Server: Asura
By Asura.Wordspoken 2010-12-24 18:33:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Finalvegeta said:
Nah not worth it, we are all just addicted and cannot stop playing this game although it is no fun at all.
lmao although a bit exaggerated, this could have been what I've been thinking for a while.
 Leviathan.Niniann
Server: Leviathan
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-12-24 18:52:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Try WoW, if you seriously hate it play FFXI. I'm still playing, but I hate how only a handful of jobs are useful. Also WoW devs listen to their playerbase and make changes accordingly, etc. ALSO, they have flying dragon mounts that can go like anywhere. ***.

Honestly if you want to play, play. But I'm totally serious on the try WoW first remark.
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Server: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-12-24 19:01:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Sure Come on back.. All good ppl, old friends.. I think you might find good ol 'Derfie too...was gonna say Doofie.. but I remembered there was a R in there...LOL

...ya come on back lots of new stuff from 75 to 90... and trust me its all really better.
 Bismarck.Magnuss
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2010-12-24 21:02:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Edit: That's the first GIF I've ever made. I'm so proud of it! :P