Forum » FFXI » General » I am so effin pissed off - Mission 5-2 cutscene
I am so effin pissed off - Mission 5-2 cutscene
First Page 2
 Gilgamesh.Sanctferum
Server: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
By Gilgamesh.Sanctferum 2010-12-18 21:35:34
Link | Quote | Reply

OK, I play games for the storyline, no matter how weak the storyline may be.

So, I planned to thoroughly watch the cutscene that plays for Bastok 5-2 before the Shadow Lord fight.

Naturally, sensing my eagerness, the game skipped the cutscenes completely.

I'm not a high enough level to get anywhere NEAR the Goblin footprint to repeat the cutscene. I don't think my friends would be to receptive to having to take my through the whole damn dungeon again to get to that Gob footprint - and neither would I.

I have never fought the Shadow Lord before. I have never gained Rank 6 with any nation (Until now). I had never even been to Xarcabard before two days ago. So there was NO reason for the game to skip the cutscene.

And when I searched on Youtube for the specific cutscene, the quality is lower than low, and every single video has either replaced the music for the cutscene with some crap music, sped through the cutscene at a pace too fast for my eyes to see, or started the video during the actual fight, which I could care less about.

So, with this, I'd like to ask for any solution to my problem. I'd also like to officially express my anger at Square for whatever caused my game to skip the cutscene. If there is a way to contact Square and tell them about this, I'd like to do so.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-12-18 21:37:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Sneak/Invis items and you can get to the footprint.
 Ramuh.Chuuuuu
Server: Ramuh
user: chuuuuu
By Ramuh.Chuuuuu 2010-12-18 21:37:55
Link | Quote | Reply

really? people get this angry for missing a cut scene? >_>
[+]
 Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-12-18 21:39:04
Link | Quote | Reply

You don't need to be a high level to go back to the Goblin Footprint there. You just need enough silent oils and prism powders. If you're unsure of how to go there, check the map on Wiki. The footprint should be close to the entrance in the Bailey.
 Gilgamesh.Sanctferum
By Gilgamesh.Sanctferum 2010-12-18 21:39:12
Link | Quote | Reply

OK, but what do I need in order to activate the footprint? And I feel reluctant to buy...I dunno how many Invis/Sneak items, you tell me how many I'd need...to get to a cutscene that by all rights should have been displayed to me in the first place.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-12-18 21:40:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Just buy a stack of each and go press the footprint.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-12-18 21:42:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Sometimes ***glitches, it's not often but it happens. I've dc'd in the middle of a really long cutscene and had to rewatch it. It happens.
 Phoenix.Morier
Server: Phoenix
user: Morier
By Phoenix.Morier 2010-12-18 21:43:38
Link | Quote | Reply

well it might not have skipped it, it has been awhile but you dont actually get to finish the scene or know what happened until you zone into norg.
 Gilgamesh.Sanctferum
By Gilgamesh.Sanctferum 2010-12-18 21:44:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I have no map, and to get a map of Xarcabard I think I need to be of San d'Orian allegiance, which I believe would cost me 40,000 Gil. I dunno where to get a map of Zvahl, but there's no way I'm gonna make it without those two maps.

And I really don't want to spend Gil to get something I should have rightfully gotten.
 Gilgamesh.Sanctferum
By Gilgamesh.Sanctferum 2010-12-18 21:44:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Morier, I meant the cutscene before the fight.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-12-18 21:46:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Wiki has maps you can follow
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-12-18 21:46:49
Link | Quote | Reply

stop playing on shitty xbox or ps2
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Sanctferum
By Gilgamesh.Sanctferum 2010-12-18 21:47:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Ps2 has better controls than PC
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-12-18 21:47:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Connect a PS2 controller to the PC.
[+]
 Phoenix.Morier
By Phoenix.Morier 2010-12-18 21:47:48
Link | Quote | Reply

odd. use wiki to learn how to get the maps, you do not have to be from sandy for northlands map just rank 3 iirc in w/e nation.
 Ramuh.Zangada
user: zangada
By Ramuh.Zangada 2010-12-18 21:49:47
Link | Quote | Reply

You can call them but ill save u the trouble, wait on hold for 20 min "hello thank you for your concern but we dont care and stop wasting our time".

Welcome to FF11, u have many more headaches to come.
[+]
 Leviathan.Tohihroyu
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Tohihroyu 2010-12-18 21:50:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Its happened to a friend of mine & when I did the same mission on my galka character, I don't know what causes it to happen but where you in a party of 6 or at least like 3 or more people who already got the CS?

You don't need anything to activate the footprints besides getting the scene (you still get it if you get this stupid glitch)

as for how many oils & powders unless you can equip Skulker's Cape its "random" on the duration (though rainbow powder is 4 mins exactly I think) a stack of each could last the whole trip or it wont.

Supposedly SE "increased" duration of sneak & invisible (regardless of the cape) but I haven't been on much to be able to tell :/
 Ramuh.Chuuuuu
By Ramuh.Chuuuuu 2010-12-18 21:51:42
Link | Quote | Reply

go to wiki and print out the maps and use them. done.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-12-18 21:57:06
Link | Quote | Reply

people so crazy and stubborn that they can't use a map on wiki?
if you really want to view the cutscene you should be able to do the work for it since it glitched.
if you think it's a minor detail and not even a big deal enough to do all that work, just go on and do more missions without the qq.

there's enough information to assist you in playing this game at least in regards to the missions that you shouldn't have to demand information from others or even really need a map for the area yet.
I'd honeslty say just get a job to a level that you won't have to worry about using sneak and vis pots :?
it's a lot easier to do such things nowadays anyway.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Sanctferum
By Gilgamesh.Sanctferum 2010-12-18 22:03:09
Link | Quote | Reply

What the hell? Silent Oil is 15,000 Gil per stack?! I only have 8,000 Gil! And that's just the Oil, not the Powders!

And since it glitched, I shouldn't have to do the work for it. And I'd need to do the Limit Break quest to get past level 50, and I can't complete it.
 Ramuh.Chuuuuu
By Ramuh.Chuuuuu 2010-12-18 22:04:51
Link | Quote | Reply

15k is a lot of money? lol time to start farming!
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-12-18 22:06:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd be pissed off at missing a cutscene, but it's not too hard to get to the gobbie prints most of the time with sneak and inviz items.

I would say /whm but you don't have it levelled :/ Use wiki on a laptop or something.

The Goblin footprints are in the throne room which can be a bit of a pain to get to, but not too bad. I'd suggest doing the quest for the map of Castle Zvahl and just working out the best route. It's do-able at level one with S/I as there's no true sight or sound mobs on the way.

If I were on Gilga I'd run you up there, but I can't :/

Good luck
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-12-18 22:15:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Chuuuuu said:
15k is a lot of money? lol time to start farming!

I have 6k on me at the moment lol.
 Phoenix.Morier
By Phoenix.Morier 2010-12-18 22:18:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Well if he can post here and watch youtube vids i imagine going to wiki wouldn't be much of a chore.
 Asura.Ebry
Server: Asura
user: Ebry
By Asura.Ebry 2010-12-18 22:30:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Only ones I could find were for Sandy :( I'll keep looking and see if I can find em :3
 Alexander.Redpheonix
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Redpheonix 2010-12-18 22:30:44
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPiSjtVUXuU

Easy youtube search most cutscenes end up there sooner or later.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-12-18 22:31:19
Link | Quote | Reply

It's in HD too!
 Lakshmi.Snuffy
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Snuffy 2010-12-18 22:40:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Sanctferum said:
I'd also like to officially express my anger at Square for whatever caused my game to skip the cutscene. If there is a way to contact Square and tell them about this, I'd like to do so.

to get to a cutscene that by all rights should have been displayed to me in the first place

And I really don't want to spend Gil to get something I should have rightfully gotten.

I shouldn't have to do the work for it.

Your name should be Sanctimonious, because you've got an awfully big sense of entitlement. If you're expressing this much disappointment over level 50 content, I don't see how you're going to make it to 75, let alone 99. Yes you were wronged, but you will be wronged far worse if you continue to progress at this game. Anyone on this guy's server that's willing to help this guy should do so aware that he'll probably ragequit when he goes 0/3 on an important drop...
[+]
 Phoenix.Ingraham
By Phoenix.Ingraham 2010-12-18 22:41:25
Link | Quote | Reply

While we're on the topic of bizarre indignation, I'm gonna complain to the (probably long gone) writers about how often they make our player characters look like hyped up chumps.

WHY DOES MY HUME FIST PUMP AND PANIC SO MUCH.
[+]
First Page 2