Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dancer » dnc and /nin enfeebles
dnc and /nin enfeebles
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Asura.Yunalaysca
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2010-12-18 04:40:30
Link | Quote | Reply

i'll keep this short for the time being since it's quite late.

so i was looking at the nin enfeebles that dnc has been able to access such as para, blind, and slow. and i started wondering if it was possible for dnc/nin to be able to get those enfeebles to stick. while ninjutsu skill at 45 is 138 you can get 16 additional from merits, on top of that dnc can get up to 90ish magic accuracy without atma. which puts it at close to 75ish skill level or accuracy mind you. and additionally you can use the corresponding elemental wheel to reduce the mob's resistance to the enfeeble's element.

i'm not expecting a huge rate of success but i think on majority of the mobs out side of abyssea i'm pretty sure you can get them to stick, and for inside abyssea while i already use impregniable tower for in situations where i either solo or low man NMs. i wonder if it's possible to get them to stick with that.

thoughts?
 Asura.Shinagami
user: Shinagami
By Asura.Shinagami 2010-12-18 04:59:24
Link | Quote | Reply

IT sounds feasible but at the same time, granted half the time i don't have a mob tier 5 magic evasion stepped, i get resisted a bit on some NMs based on their natural affinity etc. this being with near capped and merited ninjutsu @ 90
if you can produce promising findings I will have no problem saying "good job :D" though :P

Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Dawnn
By Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn 2010-12-18 05:04:59
Link | Quote | Reply

dont forget that your stutter step makes it less resistant i think?

so it possibly could be a 50/50 deal with maxed stutterstep
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2010-12-18 11:33:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Tools = -inv
Pocket rdm goooo!
[+]
 Leviathan.Niniann
Server: Leviathan
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-12-18 11:46:55
Link | Quote | Reply

With 0 skill, you have a 5% chance of landing the enfeeble on the mob regardless. With +Macc, and capped skill/merits, you're probably still only going to get 5%, so your choice if you really want to waste the time sticking it or not.
 Bismarck.Maxse
Server: Bismarck
user: maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2010-12-18 11:53:48
Link | Quote | Reply

1.Level danc to 90
2.Go Nin/DNC
3.??????
4.Profit
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-12-18 12:46:08
Link | Quote | Reply

You're neglecting the amount of additional macc NIN has available via gear and the fact that they can also use elemental ninjutsu to lower meva. It's still a pretty significant difference. Might work on lower level or really non-resistant stuff but I really doubt you'd see a reliable land rate on Heroes or even most Scars-era content. It'll land eventually just because of the way macc works, but if you can afford to gamble like that I'd imagine you can solo it regardless.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2010-12-18 14:40:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
You're neglecting the amount of additional macc NIN has available via gear and the fact that they can also use elemental ninjutsu to lower meva. It's still a pretty significant difference. Might work on lower level or really non-resistant stuff but I really doubt you'd see a reliable land rate on Heroes or even most Scars-era content. It'll land eventually just because of the way macc works, but if you can afford to gamble like that I'd imagine you can solo it regardless.
just like to point out a nin is able to land debuffs just fine with 280 skill and no magic accuracy gear/atma on mobs like ovni.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-12-18 14:43:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't count him as particularly resistant, my RDM used to stick Slow II on him consistently with a skill only marginally higher than that of a 75 BLM in full MND gear. Not everything will be resistant though, that is true.
 Bismarck.Helel
Server: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2010-12-18 15:21:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Dunno if this helps but my BLU/RDM can land Sleep 95% of the time on Tough mobs in Abyssea at level 90. I used all my M.Acc gear of course. Can also land silence, paralyze, slow, etc. I don't normally use these spells obviously (at least the black magic/white magic versions), but I was just trying them out for kicks. With stutter step I think it would be quite easy to land ninjitsu enfeebles.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2010-12-18 23:42:45
Link | Quote | Reply

got this to stick 3/5 times without any worth while macc gears

[+]
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2010-12-19 00:43:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the question boils down to how long you can make them stick for. Sticking them will do you no good if they last for five seconds. If you can stack enough MACC and reduce their Magic Evasion significantly enough to keep resists low, then go for it.

If you manage to get this to work well, all the power to you. I'd be curious to see what kinda gear sets you'd be using and the number of steps you'd need to make debuff duration reasonable.

Good luck~!
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2010-12-19 00:55:34
Link | Quote | Reply

well with only miseria ring i was making the blind last for about 3 minutes on the ironclad
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2010-12-19 01:00:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yunalaysca said:
well with only miseria ring i was making the blind last for about 3 minutes on the ironclad

I'm gonna assume you aren't using any MACC Atmas... no steps either? If so, that's a pretty nice duration, for a lack of setup, I feel O-o
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2010-12-19 01:26:13
Link | Quote | Reply

i was using tower (which i typically use for the hp and better stun rate anyways)
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Server: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2010-12-19 01:54:51
Link | Quote | Reply

don't worry, zero to hero in this day and age is far more viable than ever before for ffxi

[+]
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2010-12-19 02:19:48
Link | Quote | Reply

why are you in the dnc forum?

[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-12-19 03:06:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm here for the dnc cats.
[+]
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2010-12-19 03:32:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ghishlain said:

If you manage to get this to work well, all the power to you. I'd be curious to see what kinda gear sets you'd be using and the number of steps you'd need to make debuff duration reasonable.

Good luck~!
this would be the typical macc set for the enfeebles (switch the body for nebula as well)

Pandemonium.Ironguy
Server: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2010-12-19 03:53:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yunalaysca said:
why are you in the dnc forum?

paired with the ultra-antagonistic post i made earlier, well, it wasn't difficult to figure out what this delicious thread would be ab00t
[+]
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2010-12-19 04:08:59
Link | Quote | Reply

you're just mad i can do what you mentioned in that thread on dnc/nin solo as apposed to nin/dnc + brd, and to top it off: do it all in nusku

you mad?

[+]
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2010-12-19 05:15:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yunalaysca said:
and to top it off: do it all in nusku

That aside,

Twilight Belt, yo.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2010-12-19 05:35:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Asymptotic said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:

That aside,

Twilight Belt, yo.
workin on it D;

got screwed with raja last night
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2010-12-19 08:23:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Bards have been landing Silence on Kirin for years, that doesn't mean it's worth the time it takes to cast. With subjob magic skill, full stutter step, full ninjutsu merits, and all the available Ninjutsu skill / Macc gear DNC gets access to... you're still not going to be off the floor without stacking superior MAcc Atmas or something stupid.

1 Skill = 1 MAcc. The difference between /NIN and NIN skill is the difference you'd have to make up through gear, merits, and Atma. If managed to do it, then you'd be able to enfeeble as well as an unmeritted Ninja. It's probably possible (double MAcc magians, three MAcc Atmas, etc), but it's certainly not worth it.
[+]
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-12-19 10:52:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Ragnarok.Ghishlain said:

Good luck~!
this would be the typical macc set for the enfeebles (switch the body for nebula as well)

Incubus+1 earrings would be better, Artemis' Medal would be better most of the time, and why no Balrahn's ring? :x
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2010-12-19 14:31:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said:
Bards have been landing Silence on Kirin for years, that doesn't mean it's worth the time it takes to cast. With subjob magic skill, full stutter step, full ninjutsu merits, and all the available Ninjutsu skill / Macc gear DNC gets access to... you're still not going to be off the floor without stacking superior MAcc Atmas or something stupid.

1 Skill = 1 MAcc. The difference between /NIN and NIN skill is the difference you'd have to make up through gear, merits, and Atma. If managed to do it, then you'd be able to enfeeble as well as an unmeritted Ninja. It's probably possible (double MAcc magians, three MAcc Atmas, etc), but it's certainly not worth it.
you can do it just fine without the magians, 30 more evasion is not worth it? i would be using 1 atma that gives macc which i use to begin with anyways. there is no real reason to be like "it's not worth it" are you refering to the gear? cause ya know that is also used for violent flourish, or perhaps you mean it's not worth using something that has a 1 second cast time?

Leviathan.Niniann said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Ragnarok.Ghishlain said:

Good luck~!

Incubus+1 earrings would be better, Artemis' Medal would be better most of the time, and why no Balrahn's ring? :x
i organized that set a little while back, it was a cheaper set/within reach that i could get ahold of in a manageable time.
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-12-19 14:46:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemis' Medal should be cheap, or at the very least you can easily solo for the drop. I think it's +12 macc or something at it's best.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2010-12-19 15:20:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Niniann said:
Artemis' Medal should be cheap, or at the very least you can easily solo for the drop. I think it's +12 macc or something at it's best.
i'll try it out, i looked on wiki about it before, was just weary about it's constant reraise.
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-12-19 15:50:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Leviathan.Niniann said:
i'll try it out, i looked on wiki about it before, was just weary about it's constant reraise.

It's very fast to kill it each time, and I think it RR'd like 15 or so times each time we fought it. It's annoying for sure, but it's not completely unreasonable.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2010-12-19 17:53:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Carbuncle.Asymptotic said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:

That aside,

Twilight Belt, yo.
workin on it D;

got screwed with raja last night

Lool.
My friend and I agreed to brew it for a shell in exchange for the drops.
Unfortunately this meant taking Battlerigged Chariot from 42% to 100%.

However, he got Hecate and I got Epona's, so it all works out.
First Page 2 3 4 5