Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXIV » Trade Skills » Fisher » My thoughts on fishing
My thoughts on fishing
By Dubont 2010-12-17 23:43:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Currently fishing R3. I've tried 2 different rods, 3 different areas and 4 different baits. Out of 2 hours, I've caught 1 thing...a kelp. Going off of FFXI history, the current moon phase is the worst for fishing results.

Due to my results, I can safely say that the moon phase directly affects your fishing performance. It also seems to be the same (or similar) catch %/moon phase as in FFXI. Sorry if this is old news, but I didn't see it anywhere on here..and if I'm wrong, please correct me and tell me how to make my fishing better lol b/c this isn't cool lol
[+]
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-12-17 23:59:24
Link | Quote | Reply

There's really not a whole lot to catch at lower levels. It really depends on your bait and area, as in the combo of both. You can use Bloodworms at the ponds near Horizon and do horrible then go use Bloodworms by the ferry and do great, or you can use Goby Balls at Horizon and do horrible, then switch it up and use Crayfish Balls and do great (just examples off the top of my head, not saying that Bloodworms by the ferry are a good idea).

Get to rank 5 and go to coastline south of Skull Valley. There's still nothing really useful to catch (unless you want to cheaply level cooking 1 fish (many varieties) and 1 wind shard) but you'll be pulling in ***other than Kelp. Use lugworms, or Crayfish Balls.

Once you hit about 11-13 (depending on how patient you are) you can go to the pond that is like W-NW of Horizon, use Moth Pupae (sp?) or Crayfish Balls, you'll be reeling in the bass used in Fish Glue.
By Dubont 2010-12-18 00:04:59
Link | Quote | Reply

well I've been going off of this guide
I was doing just fine until I logged out yesterday, then back in again today with a different moon phase...now I can't catch anything lol
 Bismarck.Setsunaa
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: lvicious
By Bismarck.Setsunaa 2010-12-18 09:14:22
Link | Quote | Reply

never had this problem and moon phases have not affected me at all so idk. try this site. It's the Kida's Final Fishing from ffxi. He made a site for 14.

http://www.disciplesoftheland.com/Forum.aspx