users online
Forum » FFXI » NMs » Popping Sippoy
Popping Sippoy
 Ragnarok.Bladestruck
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Bladestruck 2010-12-17 22:08:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm posting this because Wiki is very...ummmm...well, no one really knows how to pop Sippoy. Let us here your experiences and how he has popped for you. Maybe with all our powers combined we are captain planet....errr, we can figure out exactly what is needed to pop him.
 Lakshmi.Galith
Server: Lakshmi
user: Galadriel
By Lakshmi.Galith 2010-12-17 22:13:43
Link | Quote | Reply

To wait 30 minutes.
[+]
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
Server: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2010-12-17 22:14:41
Link | Quote | Reply

we've caught him a handful of times just farming shroom NM in same spot
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-12-17 22:15:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Still MIA on Odin.
[+]
 Diabolos.Sovereign
Server: Diabolos
user: Galactus
By Diabolos.Sovereign 2010-12-17 22:27:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Krazyrs said:
we've caught him a handful of times just farming shroom NM in same spot

Most effective way to do it, right here... just hang out and pop the funguar NM for a bit and you'll probably see him.
 Unicorn.Moldtech
Server: Unicorn
user: Moldtech
By Unicorn.Moldtech 2010-12-17 23:36:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Saw this being killed once otw to the shroom pop spot. That group killed it and while we were killing shroom it was up again so we killed it. After going back to killing shroom for a bit it was up again. So, from what I've seen it's either a timed spawn or some weird lottey spawn from the forced pop shroom nm? Best I could say about Sippoy.

Edit: I don't know what else was going on in the zone however. It could've spawned from some xp party killing bats, murex or something, a group killing a timed nm, or a group killing a pop nm. I looked at the game day, game time, moon phase and all that when it kept spawning but apparently I should've wrote it down because I've slept since then and couldn't tell ya anything from that end.
By Odin.Chazzyphizzle 2010-12-18 02:51:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I think as of sometime today Sippoy is finally up on Odin, he hadn't shown up at all in like 3-4 days. I'm assuming killing *something* in the zone multiple times pops him and Odin just didn't reach that threshold til later.
 Asura.Dajociont
Server: Asura
user: Jamehkun
By Asura.Dajociont 2010-12-18 02:59:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, today and yesterday, my linkshell killed Sippoy a collection of 7 times. Each time he popped, he spawned within a minute of the death of a Fulmotondro. 4/7 times, it was instant. We had a BST solo the avatar and then hold Sippoy until we got there. Who knows if it's a coincidence but seemed to be more than just that for us.
By Odin.Chazzyphizzle 2010-12-18 03:22:40
Link | Quote | Reply

we killed all 3 ramuh's every time they were up for 3 hours and no sippoy, most at the same time. i think there is some other trigger to *maybe* make ramuh a PH, if he is that.
 Ragnarok.Bladestruck
By Ragnarok.Bladestruck 2010-12-18 17:04:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow, sounds like some of you are getting lucky. As of last night he hasn't popped on Ragnarok since the last emergency maint. Last night we farmed time on the Fungar and killed the Fulmotondro about 20 times. There was a duo there killing the Fulmotondro before we got there too, so who knows how many times he was killed. Story short, Sippoy never popped. Wish he was as easy to pop as the other Caturae :(
 Ragnarok.Waraurochs
By Ragnarok.Waraurochs 2010-12-18 17:22:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe he is still not popping on Ragnarok. A couple nights ago we tried to pop him using all of the theories with no luck.
 Lakshmi.Blacklion
Server: Lakshmi
user: Blacklion
By Lakshmi.Blacklion 2010-12-18 18:47:46
Link | Quote | Reply

ok first of all, theres 5 avatars, keep killing those and you'll get your caturae, it's unknown if they are PH or if all 5 gotta be dead, but kill them all and you'll get it at some point. it's worked every time for us
 Quetzalcoatl.Moonsshadow
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Moonsshadow 2010-12-18 19:50:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretend you're going to pop Armillaria and he'll come to ruin your day. Yes, this is proven to be fact. At least my last three days in A-Vunk have proven it >.<
 Ragnarok.Bladestruck
By Ragnarok.Bladestruck 2010-12-18 21:57:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok, that's very helpful. All along we were thinking there were only 3. Do you know where each of the 5 spawn at?
 Asura.Echandra
Server: Asura
user: Echandra
By Asura.Echandra 2010-12-18 22:05:53
Link | Quote | Reply

it's supposed to be by beating up Fulmontondro, but the one right by conflux 8 / bridge isn't always the PH.

They usually roam by rabbit / peapuks / devegetator, the murex by conflux 2/3, one between gorebats/varney/taurs/flux 5, the SW end area by flux 7 by the imps. Invest in some widescan!
 Unicorn.Ryuchan
Server: Unicorn
user: Ryuchan
By Unicorn.Ryuchan 2010-12-18 22:41:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn.Moldtech said:
Saw this being killed once otw to the shroom pop spot. That group killed it and while we were killing shroom it was up again so we killed it. After going back to killing shroom for a bit it was up again. So, from what I've seen it's either a timed spawn or some weird lottey spawn from the forced pop shroom nm? Best I could say about Sippoy.

Edit: I don't know what else was going on in the zone however. It could've spawned from some xp party killing bats, murex or something, a group killing a timed nm, or a group killing a pop nm. I looked at the game day, game time, moon phase and all that when it kept spawning but apparently I should've wrote it down because I've slept since then and couldn't tell ya anything from that end.

I've seen Sippoy up a LOT on Unicorn. We've killed him once and let him roam around the second and third times we've found him up (we got all the items we needed in one go, haha). Another group in our LS fought him earlier today, but none of us were ever farming shrooms. I'd be willing to gander that the Ramuh PH theory is still valid; our low man group tends to kill Ramuh whenever he's in the way and Sippoy's been up pretty much every time we go over there to pop shrooms.
 Bahamut.Serj
Server: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2010-12-18 23:04:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I've never seen him down since the update....