Guildwork Client
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16
 Phoenix.Tiburon
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: crookedh
By Phoenix.Tiburon 2017-03-02 06:26:05
Link | Quote | Reply

For at least two weeks now, at least for me, mission and assault progress have not updated.

For assaults its been since at least last month, as I spammed them to be able to do the SM lamia assault for KI, and for missions its been at least two weeks (right around the 1st of the most recent 500 errors) since I finished Moogle and Shanttoto addons, which show fine both with the acquired titles and the gear on my dashboard.
[+]
 Asura.Clinpachi
Server: Asura
user: Clinpachi
By Asura.Clinpachi 2017-03-02 09:01:53
Link | Quote | Reply

There are some problems for sure. I PM'd Rooks about one but haven't heard anything in 2 months. I accidentally removed myself from my own linkshell on the character screen. I knew from a previous linkshell that it would repopulate itself after time. It never has.

If I remove myself from another linkshell other than my own, it comes back after 30 minutes or so. I don't know if it's a shell holder problem or not. It's something to do with guildwork though.
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2017-03-03 21:57:51
Link | Quote | Reply

What is up with avatar pictures breaking on the Guildwork website and now here on FFXIAH.com? Is it just Skjalf? or what?
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-03-07 01:17:13
Link | Quote | Reply

The Error 500 and GW Dashboard not working bug is back!
 Asura.Daleterrence
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2017-03-17 05:29:30
Link | Quote | Reply

GW is borked again, entirely down.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-03-17 05:30:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Yep. Was working fine 2-3hrs ago, then the site went down completely.
 Bahamut.Samunai
Server: Bahamut
user: Samunai
By Bahamut.Samunai 2017-03-17 05:49:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sechs said: »
Yep. Was working fine 2-3hrs ago, then the site went down completely.

for me as well, oh boy ._.;
 Asura.Lewyo
user: Lewyo
By Asura.Lewyo 2017-03-18 11:25:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have any news on when GW will be back up?
[+]
 Asura.Daleterrence
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2017-03-18 12:33:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Lewyo said: »
Anyone have any news on when GW will be back up?

I'm just missing the Bazaar function more than anything else. :(
[+]
By Vijara 2017-03-19 08:12:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like Guildwork site and plugin are back up but still not linking together with FFXIAH at the moment.
[+]
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2017-03-19 08:35:26
Link | Quote | Reply

So to clarify previous posts.

The FFXIAH's connection to guildwork does not include mission information. This information used to be obtained via the Linkshell community. Which no longer exists.

So some peoples character pages as a result look like this.

Rooks has said that he is working on this issue, but it's a case of finding free time to work on it.

The current issues with shouts not loading is an issue i brought up last night. I think? Rooks did a reboot. But sometimes that does not resolve the issue.

Sorry Again. I'll notify the crew again if it is breaking if they dont happen to see this thread.
[+]
 Leviathan.Nitenichi
Server: Leviathan
user: camaroz
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2017-03-19 09:45:08
Link | Quote | Reply

He may or may not be talking about that, however that is not what appears to be the issue. As you can see the Nodowa hasn't registered but is clearly on Guildwork and I am on Black Mage and have been for at least an hour.

[+]
By Vijara 2017-03-19 15:05:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Nitenichi said: »
He may or may not be talking about that, however that is not what appears to be the issue. As you can see the Nodowa hasn't registered but is clearly on Guildwork and I am on Black Mage and have been for at least an hour.

This is what I'm talking about... I recently obtained Godhands and got some more craft skill levels. It hasn't scraped that info off Guildwork yet.
By Vijara 2017-03-21 15:09:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like it worked for about a minute a couple days ago shortly after my previous post and then broke again. It did successfully add my Godhands but it is not updating craft levels or any other data for that matter at the moment.
 Bahamut.Alexcennah
user: digoserra
By Bahamut.Alexcennah 2017-03-21 16:11:32
Link | Quote | Reply

It isn't updating gear since yesterday.
 Asura.Clinpachi
By Asura.Clinpachi 2017-03-23 10:03:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm getting 500 error and dashboard problems again.

Can we actually take a moment to ACTUALLY discuss the future of guildwork and what exactly is going on? It's understood that stanislav stepped out due to being busy with discord and his life, but this person he handed off to (Usagi Sukanku), has officially not said a single word since taking over 2 months ago. His last login was about a week ago and before that almost two weeks. Not to mention he is XIV focused and as far as I can tell, has no clue about the XI plugin or side of things.

I recently setup a guildwork LS site and while a good bit of it is working as intended, I can't add or invite people, and many of the features no longer function. We can't use the feed, bank, or plugin related features because of not being able to link our linkshell as well.

Am I really expected to pay for a seriously broken system with an insane level of downtime? I would have paid for guildwork premium again upon returning in January and I would normally pay for the advanced features of the guildwork site, but the state of this system is in chaotic flames.

Is there anybody who can shed more light or information on this? Even guildwork support gives an error of not existing still (It's been forever at this point).

Is rooks the only person really able to fix and do things but isn't being paid? I mean what even at this point >_<; I know basic things and have helped offer opinions in the past to stanislav. Is there a way for some of us to volunteer time or help take a look at things? It surely can't be this complicated.... Frustrating to see a great plugin and site end up like this. There has to be a number of skilled people out there that can help tackle and fix things properly in a timely manner.
[+]
By Vijara 2017-03-23 10:22:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Clinpachi said: »
I'm getting 500 error and dashboard problems again.

Just as a note to the devs, (not sure if this helps or if they even read these threads) the 500 error is on the website but it looks like you can still login via the plugin at the moment.
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2017-03-23 11:01:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems like it breaks every day almost. So much for paying for Guildwork Premium... ><
By tyalangan 2017-03-23 11:22:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I have never paid for a service that was down for three months straight and there were many times in the last year it had been be down for long periods, as well. No push-notifications to my phone and no shout injections. All paid services have been non-functioning. With any other service most people would reply to my above statement: "Then request a refund!". They have no support which works to their benefit since I cannot request a refund.

This used to be an incredible service. Since the new year I have been paying for literally nothing as this "service" hasn't provided me anything. It pains me to say this because my friend and long time LS leader created this website but it has turned into a complete scam. Anyone who is currently paying for Guildwork is having their money stolen from them.

Now, it is an embarrassment having the orange lettering in your forum name with the "Premium" title. "Hey everyone I'm an idiot and a sucker with poor insight and money management". I should probably edit mine...

/em ends rant and steps off soap box.
[+]
 Asura.Clinpachi
By Asura.Clinpachi 2017-03-23 11:37:36
Link | Quote | Reply

tyalangan said: »
I have never paid for a service that was down for three months straight and there were many times in the last year it had been be down for long periods, as well. No push-notifications to my phone and no shout injections. All paid services have been non-functioning. With any other service most people would reply to my above statement: "Then request a refund!". They have no support which works to their benefit since I cannot request a refund.

This used to be an incredible service. Since the new year I have been paying for literally nothing as this "service" hasn't provided me anything. It pains me to say this because my friend and long time LS leader created this website but it has turned into a complete scam. Anyone who is currently paying for Guildwork is having their money stolen from them.

Now, it is an embarrassment having the orange lettering in your forum name with the "Premium" title. "Hey everyone I'm an idiot and a sucker with poor insight and money management". I should probably edit mine...

/em ends rant and steps off soap box.

This is almost everything that I was afraid of hearing. I'd love to pay to support guildwork again, but how exactly is guildwork supported at this point if the people able to fix and do things aren't being paid?

I'm going to sound super rude, but I'm not going to contribute to Stan's Mortgage payments when he stepped out of responsibility, yet the people responsible for keeping it alive are getting nothing and therefore put guildwork in the "I dont care" pile with the "Maybe I'll get to it someday" attitude. And I don't mean that disrespectfully.

There has to be something we can do or help with somehow. It shouldn't and doesn't have to be up to one person.
[+]
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2017-03-23 12:28:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe Rooks is a voluntary contributor but he's been busy lately.

I can't really comment too much on the inner workings of Guildwork because I simply don't know. It sounds like they need to find some staff to help fix it and keep it running.
[+]
 Asura.Clinpachi
By Asura.Clinpachi 2017-03-23 12:50:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
I believe Rooks is a voluntary contributor but he's been busy lately.

I can't really comment too much on the inner workings of Guildwork because I simply don't know. It sounds like they need to find some staff to help fix it and keep it running.

The biggest problem within saying "They need to find some staff", is who the hell is "they" at this point. Usagi Sukanku hasn't said two words since taking over months ago and doesn't appear to be online often. As mentioned he's an XIV player as well. No support links.

With all the reliance from guildwork after the death of the LS community, it's extremely problematic to have no fixes for the ties here on FFXIAH let alone the premium features people like tyalangan paid for.
Administrator
By Rooks 2017-03-23 13:57:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Hiya.

I can't comment on Usagi - I really have only talked to him once or twice. Since there's confusion about who can do what, here's the list of things I can do:

- Restart some of the failed web services (not all!)
- Make web service level changes and deploy them

I can't do anything with the clients, and some parts of the infrastructure (like the cache server that explodes every twenty minutes) are beyond my current permission set.

Without client access, I can't fix the XIV stuff at all. I might be able to fix the scraper, since it looks like that doesn't work either, but the bulk of the problem is that the XIV client just straight up doesn't work.

The XI side GW<->AH interchange is mostly in my range, but it's really a problem of time. Both GW and AH relied heavily on the LSCOM and rewriting that code to just rely on the client is time consuming and prone to bugs. I can't deploy to AH, so that stalls some of my changes here. Even that won't be everything, since the client/plugin needs to be updated to handle some extra data that we can't get from the LSCOM anymore.

All of this requires a fair amount of time, and access to both codebases. The list of people with access to both is currently just me and Scragg, and I don't expect anyone else is going to get AH access anytime soon.

I'm about a month out from the end of my current contract, after which... maybe I'll have more time? Right now I get maybe 90 minutes a day that isn't spoken for between work and family, which isn't really conducive to making widescale changes to two large, complicated codebases.

I wish I had a better answer for you.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-03-23 13:59:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Rooks said: »
Hiya.
He exists!

/puts away the Rookshammer.
Administrator
By Rooks 2017-03-23 14:01:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Rooks said: »
Hiya.
He exists!

/puts away the Rookshammer.

I check the site every day, multiple times per day. I'm always here.

I just haven't been posting as much socially because I've been busy, and the P+R section is more of a waste of time than usual.
[+]
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2017-03-23 14:21:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Glad he finally turned off that goddamned filter.
[+]
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2017-03-23 14:25:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you Rooks.
[+]
 Asura.Clinpachi
By Asura.Clinpachi 2017-03-23 14:51:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you as well rooks. Thanks for clarifying a lot of that as well. I know you and others probably over overwhelmingly tired of questions about profiles updating to show proper missions and data ect.

It was a nicely oiled machine and understandably people like myself are upset when it doesn't work like it should anymore.

I don't think people cared much for the achievement point ranking system to begin with, have you ever thought of just scrapping the entire data pulling and just letting people set their own job levels and weapons? I can't even get my own linkshell to show back up :( Sure people can lie at that point but it would almost be better than a constantly breaking system.
 Bahamut.Neb
user: Neb
By Bahamut.Neb 2017-03-27 14:42:29
Link | Quote | Reply

So has anyone else been seeing their second charters chat in there chat log when dual box since this plugin got all screwy or would that be something else causing this??
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Server: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2017-03-27 16:38:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I've had that issue maybe once a week for quite awhile now. It's not anything new, at least for me.
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16