Dominion A Little Ridiculous?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Dominion a little ridiculous?
Dominion a little ridiculous?
 Fenrir.Snick
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-12-15 12:59:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Asura.Andevom said:
Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
You can't expect people to do an outdated event if you don't lower the requirements to enter.

They lowered the minimum of 6 to 3, cheapened the costs to get certain items, and improved drop rates. It's not like they've done NOTHING to make it easier to do.

The thing to understand is that the game is going through a reformation, and there probably will be integration of past events into newer ones. For example, already there exist atmas that require doing things like nation missions first, so there's the potential for desirable items to emerge in the future that require doing things like Salvage or Assault in order to get them.

Lowering from 6 to 3 still makes it infinitely harder to enter now because much less people want to enter, did you read ? The second part of your post is an attempt to explain us that they should keep salvage entry barriers high (even though they lower it) in case it becomes useful ; I don't get it. Why ? Right when they make the current content without barriers ? It's an half-assed adjustement showing that they have no clue wtf they do ; we are talking of a bunch of guys that made every DD but monk and WAR suck and useless, every healer but whm and rdm a pile of ***, the rest of the "jobs" undesirable , and relics infinitely harder to obtain than empyreal while being vastly inferior. They need game balance lessons.

You need to learn English.
[+]
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
Server: Leviathan
user: pchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-12-15 13:14:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Ask the devs they are the one that lowered the entry, there must be a reason.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-12-15 14:50:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Whoops wrong thread.
 Alexander.Kiloki
Server: Alexander
user: kiloki
By Alexander.Kiloki 2010-12-15 23:50:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Zorander said:
I had capped merits @75 but I got them like the week before Abyssea came out. I didn't know anyone else that had 5+ jobs with capped merits..I had 7 jobs to 75 and around 650 merits. In my eyes it was a huge accomplishment but now merits mean nothing. The only thing I use merits for right now is when I wanna tweek something on a job.

I do agree that the game feels a little boring outside of Abyssea but I don't see a problem with that if done correctly you never have to leave abyssea and basically everything can be duo'd or lowmanned. Which imo is awesome. I've have WAY WAY more to do since Abyssea came out then before with the 75 cap.

Revisiting older stuff is fun to imo..Nyzul can be done with 4 very easily, Salvage with 3, Assaults with 3. Sure the rewards may not be as good anymore but it's still fun. Hell lowmanning old HNM is even fun..go kill Khim or Cerb with 4 and tell me its not a little fun. 5 or 6 man dynamis is even fun and even better now with improved drops.

Get off your *** and do something..it doesn't always have to be all about Abyssea, the same content we all enjoyed at 75 is still fun now, but for different reasons.

Hit the nail right on the head. I agree 110%

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
Server: Leviathan
user: pchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-12-16 16:18:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Andevom said:

As for the rest of your post, I think by this point you're just rambling on about things that may have held true before things like Abyssea came along, you know, that thing you are in utter protest against, but really are becoming more balanced with each update. Who the hell thought every DD but MNK and WAR were useless? SAM used to be THE DD that everyone wanted. You could sit around with your MNK and WAR for hours and not get an invite back in May. Now, that's just not the case. Every job can get into a group now, and what the *** is so bad about that?

You are an idiot. At 75 mnk and war were the 2 best tanks and DDs, SAM was a useless one only decent when using a polearm and supported with at least included hasso double march and haste, in which case it was essentially 1 COR 1 RDM 1 BRD 1 SAM doing slightly more than 1 COR 1 RDM 1BRD 1 MNK and a lot less than RDM MNK MNK MNK and getting a lot less drops that rdm mnk thf.

SAM was not "the" DDs everyone wanted ; me think you did too many colibris. Everyone wanted monks. On the top of my head salvage, dynamis, limbus, nyzlulz, znm, all were best with 2 mnks cotanking (low man situation aka 90% of the endgame) vs warx2 was best in einherjar because you could afford zerg setups.

Quote:

You could sit around with your MNK and WAR for hours and not get an invite back in May. Now, that's just not the case. Every job can get into a group now, and what the *** is so bad about that?

You are a retard seriously. I did 80% of my merits on mnk and rarely waited too long for meripo invites. Seriously you must fail or some ***. Exp is and was the easiest thing to get in the game.

Sumary :

at 75 mnk and war best, rdm and whm best, other job fail.
at 80 mnk and war best, rdm and whm best, other jobs are no longer jobs.

also : not surprising you still consider relic superior since you also claim sam was superior. It's simple logic. I bet you are one of those idiots that still farm dumbamis.

[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-12-17 01:54:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Shut the *** up Pimpchan.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-12-17 10:07:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually it depends on the relics, but most of them inside of abyssea are quite scoffed. The walk of echoes weapons are actually stronger than relics when the WS has a crit modifier.

Apoc isn't too bad because the empyrean scythe isn't phenomenal either. For War and Mnk however, their relics fall far behind inside of abyssea.

Not to say Pimpchan is right about party invites or any of that, but sadly if an empyrean or WoE WS empyrean wannabe has a crit modified WS, the relic will not come close.
 Cerberus.Kurosen
Server: Cerberus
user: Kurosen
By Cerberus.Kurosen 2010-12-26 01:34:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:

You are an idiot. At 75 mnk and war were the 2 best tanks and DDs, SAM was a useless one only decent when using a polearm and supported with at least included hasso double march and haste, in which case it was essentially 1 COR 1 RDM 1 BRD 1 SAM doing slightly more than 1 COR 1 RDM 1BRD 1 MNK and a lot less than RDM MNK MNK MNK and getting a lot less drops that rdm mnk thf.

SAM was not "the" DDs everyone wanted ; me think you did too many colibris. Everyone wanted monks. On the top of my head salvage, dynamis, limbus, nyzlulz, znm, all were best with 2 mnks cotanking (low man situation aka 90% of the endgame) vs warx2 was best in einherjar because you could afford zerg setups.

They see me Trollin~