Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
First Page 2 ... 176 177 178
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-12-11 20:20:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Bethesda Softworks just announced the fifth game in the Elder Scrolls series and the sequel to The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion will be called Skyrim. And it'll be out next year.

Bethesda's Todd Howard introduced the game with a brief teaser showing a stone dragon and a dramatic narration that sets up the story of the next big role-playing game in the Elder Scrolls series. That teaser also dates Skyrim for November 11, 2011.

I cannot bloody wait. I've always loved the Elder scrolls series since Daggerfall.

Anyone else psyched for this?
[+]
 Bahamut.Lolserj
Server: Bahamut
user: Andras
By Bahamut.Lolserj 2010-12-11 20:24:41
Link | Quote | Reply

wow, i can't wait
[+]
By Enternius 2010-12-11 20:29:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Posting in the best thread so far.
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-12-11 20:30:20
Link | Quote | Reply

It's about time...

I follow the Elder Scrolls news closesly, and pretty much knew it was going to be Skyrim, still, Enthusiasm not waning.

Can't wait, period.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-12-11 20:32:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
It's about time...

I follow the Elder Scrolls news closesly, and pretty much knew it was going to be Skyrim, still, Enthusiasm not waning.

Can't wait, period.

I thought it was going to be Skyrim or Elsweyr.
 Asura.Matzilla
Server: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Matzilla 2010-12-11 20:34:47
Link | Quote | Reply

brb freezing myself in a glacier until november 11, 2011
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-12-11 20:36:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol just for fun...

[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-12-11 20:43:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm just thankful it's giving me a little over a year a year (Assuming no delay) to enjoy before Catnarok (21.12.12 amirite?!)
[+]
 Asura.Matzilla
By Asura.Matzilla 2010-12-11 20:43:15
Link | Quote | Reply

morrowind made me rage so hard playing it on xbox.. play all day having fun forget to save then ................*** PIECE OF ***FROZE

easily one of my top 5 fav games of all time.. even if i did unlimited hp/mp/fatigue cheats :s
 Phoenix.Ingraham
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Ingraham 2010-12-11 20:44:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Despite Oblivion being the blandest piece of ***ever, Elderscrolls as a series has a pretty awesome setting, complete with elves that aren't completely HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.

Unfortunately, the same cannot be said of their pirates.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-12-11 20:48:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Ingraham said:
Despite Oblivion being the blandest piece of ***ever, Elderscrolls as a series has a pretty awesome setting, complete with elves that aren't completely HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.

Unfortunately, the same cannot be said of their pirates.

I actually liked Oblivion. It was bland at times, but I still thought it was neat and very pretty.
 Asura.Matzilla
By Asura.Matzilla 2010-12-11 20:51:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I liked oblivion aswell, fast travel was a nice change.. definitely made for a shorter game though
 Phoenix.Ingraham
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Ingraham 2010-12-11 20:51:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, Oblivion was beautiful (probably one of the prettiest current gen games out there), just not very inspired at all.

I'm just buttmad that Cyrodill wasn't some grimdark marshland like Daggerfall implied.
 Odin.Sheelay
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-12-11 20:52:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I enjoyed Oblivion a lot and can't wait til this new one comes out!
 Asura.Matzilla
By Asura.Matzilla 2010-12-11 20:52:27
Link | Quote | Reply

who else rubberbanded the controller and swam into a wall to skillup in morrowind?!?!?!
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-12-11 20:53:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Fast Travel is what ruined Oblivion. I'm not saying there shouldn't be any, but it was done entirely wrong.
 Asura.Matzilla
By Asura.Matzilla 2010-12-11 20:54:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I definitely liked the compass feature in oblivion though, finding some obscure *** cave in morrowind got annoying after the 6000th one
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-12-11 20:58:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Matzilla said:
I definitely liked the compass feature in oblivion though, finding some obscure *** cave in morrowind got annoying after the 6000th one

Again, I disagree here heavily. Instead of watching the game, you watch this tiny little sliver. It was sound in theory, just poorly executed (Much better in Fallout)

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Lol just for fun...

Best game on the planet. Certainly not perfect, but how they managed to find the best "Middle ground" of tight-design, expanse of choice, and absolute perfection in pacing (the main quest never feels arbitrarily tense like in Oblivion and even Fallout 3) is beyond the scope of every level of gaming cognition I have. And it's one of those things where I constantly think to myself "Lol nostalgiafag" but Morrowind is still installed on my PC for a damn good reason.
[+]
 Asura.Matzilla
By Asura.Matzilla 2010-12-11 21:02:03
Link | Quote | Reply

never played any of the fallouts :(
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-12-11 21:04:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Matzilla said:

I personally like The Elder Scrolls world and lore better, but in terms of technical advancement, Fallout 3 is much better, and in game design aspect, New Vegas (No Bethesda, but close) is the closest a game has come to Morrowind's perfect balance since said namesake.

Speaking of New Vegas, apparently the patch to fix all the worst breaks will be live next week, if anyone has been waiting.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Server: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-12-11 21:06:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Speaking of New Vegas, apparently the patch to fix all the worst breaks will be live next week, if anyone has been waiting.

Oh really? I might have to steal my friend's copy then.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-12-11 21:06:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Asura.Matzilla said:

I personally like The Elder Scrolls world and lore better, but in terms of technical advancement, Fallout 3 is much better, and in game design aspect, New Vegas (No Bethesda, but close) is the closest a game has come to Morrowind's perfect balance since said namesake.

I much prefer the Elder scroll series too. I had to try and convince someone that Oblivion and Fallout 3 were different and not just reskins >.>

Fallout 3 was good, but the wasteland wasn't as magnificent as the one in Fallout 2 imo.

Haven't played NV yet.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-12-11 21:07:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Asura.Matzilla said:

I much prefer the Elder scroll series too. I had to try and convince someone that Oblivion and Fallout 3 were different and not just reskins >.>

Fallout 3 was good, but the wasteland wasn't as magnificent as the one in Fallout 2 imo.

Haven't played NV yet.

If you liked Fallout 2, Give New Vegas a try. It definitely throws back to the Old days, while keeping the best aspects of Fallout 3.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-12-11 21:08:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Asura.Matzilla said:

Haven't played NV yet.

If you liked Fallout 2, Give New Vegas a try. It definitely throws back to the Old days, while keeping the best aspects of Fallout 3.

I might just do that. I heard there's a hardcore mode.
 Ramuh.Bigdawgrr
Server: Ramuh
user: Bigdawgrr
By Ramuh.Bigdawgrr 2010-12-11 21:14:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have any idea of what the guilds will be? Or at least a prediction?
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-12-11 21:17:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Bigdawgrr said:

Norms probably. Thief, Mage, Assassins, warriors etc.
 Bahamut.Serj
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2010-12-11 21:20:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Lolserj said:
wow, i can't wait

This. I'm *** stoked.
 Bahamut.Serj
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2010-12-11 21:20:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Ramuh.Bigdawgrr said:

Norms probably. Thief, Mage, Assassins, warriors etc.

LOVE THIS!
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-12-11 21:23:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:

I wouldn't play it any other way, to be honest.

The game feels so much more 'RPG' than either Oblivion or Fallout 3, it's really great, yet somehow subtle. You could play the game without even knowing anything more than say, higher skill = Good.

The Companions, while dumb as a brick in terms of AI, are much more compelling too, Veronica will probably get on your nerves though. Craige Boone and Rose of Sharon Cassidy are the stand-outs. There's some other interesting people too, I won't spoil them, because they have some interesting "No ***rallY?!" moments.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-12-11 21:25:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

I wouldn't play it any other way, to be honest.

The game feels so much more 'RPG' than either Oblivion or Fallout 3, it's really great, yet somehow subtle. You could play the game without even knowing anything more than say, higher skill = Good.

The Companions, while dumb as a brick in terms of AI, are much more compelling too, Veronica will probably get on your nerves though. Craige Boone and Rose of Sharon Cassidy are the stand-outs. There's some other interesting people too, I won't spoil them, because they have some interesting "No ***rallY?!" moments.

I might ask for it for christmas... I know it's illogical, but you don't know whether Dog Meat is in it do you?
First Page 2 ... 176 177 178