Players Who Have Quit FFXI, Do You Ever Miss It??

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Players who have quit FFXI, do you ever miss it??
Players who have quit FFXI, do you ever miss it??
 Ramuh.Bigdawgrr
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Bigdawgrr
By Ramuh.Bigdawgrr 2010-12-14 09:14:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I miss duoing with my brother when I finally got my DRG AF armet.
That was always the most fun to me just duoing or trioing DRG on some birds
 Bismarck.Robbyodom
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Robbyodom 2010-12-14 09:30:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Anyone who misses final fantasy 11, I hate to say it but the game you missed is dead it's not the same anymore lol everything is easy mode now. Even the damn warp scrolls from conquest points are 7 points instead of 750

I got no problem with this :)
 Ifrit.Daemun
Server: Ifrit
user: daemun
By Ifrit.Daemun 2010-12-14 09:39:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I miss quite a bit about the game, the most of which that feeling of accomplishment when taking on new aspects of the game and then completing them. There are quite a few good friends from the game I miss quite a bit as well.

I don't know how I would respond to the new levels and game, however, so glad that I have found lots of other stuff to keep me busy so I don't long for the game as much. Also enjoy not nearly being at a point of divorce with my wife because I'm playing when I should be helping around the house.
 Ramuh.Sagittario
Server: Ramuh
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2010-12-14 09:48:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I quit 2 months ago and already miss FFXI like hell, even more so because I am playing FFXIV and it sucks, it has really made me appreciate just how good FFXI actually is. Having seen the new gear that has recently been added and the new explansions it makes it even more tempting to return to FFXI. But I don't think I will, because I've tried to quit before and I intend to stick it out this time...

...or at least for longer than the last time >_>;
 Leviathan.Tamian
Server: Leviathan
user: Jumatelo
By Leviathan.Tamian 2010-12-14 09:55:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Everyone miss the game or just talk about it... the simple fact that some are still posting here even though the "quit" is a clear sign. I tried to quit a little while ago and I only managed to be out for two and a half months.

I don't do endgame at all, not my thing, but I missed my friends, campaign battle and farming s***. Sometimes I was bored out of my mind at home at 8pm and wtf I am supposed to do??

Anyway I am back now but trying not to get sucked into it like I was before...
 Bismarck.Rellz
Server: Bismarck
user: Relleum
By Bismarck.Rellz 2010-12-14 10:12:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Sagittario said:
I quit 2 months ago and already miss FFXI like hell, even more so because I am playing FFXIV and it sucks, it has really made me appreciate just how good FFXI actually is. Having seen the new gear that has recently been added and the new explansions it makes it even more tempting to return to FFXI. But I don't think I will, because I've tried to quit before and I intend to stick it out this time... ...or at least for longer than the last time >_>;
i was in about the same situation. not nessesarily that i thought ffxiv sucked however it just got boring. it made me appreciate ffxi more, and dispite having no gear (no rare/ex) no money i returned after 2 months of quitting 2 days ago. so yeah i can say i missed it >.> alot...
 Fenrir.Mtmoogle
Server: Fenrir
user: Bogamoga
By Fenrir.Mtmoogle 2010-12-14 10:38:49
Link | Quote | Reply

update only took 2 1/2hrs :D
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2010-12-14 10:48:07
Link | Quote | Reply

If I lived close to all my FFXI friends and could hang out with them while drinking a few beers or go fishing I probably wouldn't miss FFXI. Stupid Kansas is in the middle of no where ...
 Ragnarok.Anye
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2010-12-14 12:38:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Blindphleb said:
If I lived close to all my FFXI friends and could hang out with them while drinking a few beers or go fishing I probably wouldn't miss FFXI. Stupid Kansas is in the middle of no where ...
Someday, Blind! :D I just discovered what sort of beer I like (thanks to a very knowledgeable classmate on our last day of class who took us out for drinks). :3
 Fairy.Spence
Server: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-12-14 12:39:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Anye said:
Someday Blind :D I just discovered what sort of beer I like (thanks to a very knowledgeable classmate on our last day of class who took us out for drinks). :3

Well? What kind?
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2010-12-14 12:42:49
Link | Quote | Reply

nb4 Smirnoff Ice or some other fake beer.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-12-14 12:43:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm going to say some form of Stout, just because it seems so unlikely.

(If you're one of those who actually enjoy black coffee, you just might like stout.)
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2010-12-14 12:44:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Spence said:
Ragnarok.Anye said:
Someday Blind :D I just discovered what sort of beer I like (thanks to a very knowledgeable classmate on our last day of class who took us out for drinks). :3

Well? What kind?
Stout xD I really didn't like beer at all before, but a friend told me "the reason why people don't like beer the first time is because they've tried the wrong kind." No offense to those who like the usual Budweiser, Coors, Heineken, etc., but I've always had a picky palate (I'm a huge coffee aficionado (aficionada?), and prefer more earthy types of coffee from Indonesia, French pressed), and apparently stouts suit my taste.

I tried a lambic beer too, but it was too fruity--if I want to like beer it has to taste like beer, not soda, y'know?
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-12-14 12:45:44
Link | Quote | Reply

HAH! I knew it!
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2010-12-14 12:45:52
Link | Quote | Reply

OH MY GOD SLIP
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2010-12-14 12:46:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Seriously, what the *** XDDDDDDDD
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-12-14 12:47:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I dunno, I guess I'm just good like that <.<
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2010-12-14 12:50:12
Link | Quote | Reply

HAhaha, well, you did know about my love for coffee (black, like you mentioned; I grew out of cream&sugar years ago), and we both sort of mentioned the same thing. :)

I haven't gotten to buying the stuff yet (Lord knows people would run me out of the liquor store for looking 15), but I'm glad that I've found my type of beer^^
 Fenrir.Necrids
Server: Fenrir
user: Necrids
By Fenrir.Necrids 2010-12-14 14:52:55
Link | Quote | Reply

i quit ffxi a few weeks ago and i can honestly say i dont miss it at all. gave a way a kraken club and over 40M since i dont plan on playing it again, or at least not any time soon. i only really use this site now for the pics that make u lol forum and usually dont check other forums unless there havent been any new pics added to it in a while.
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-12-14 14:56:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Damn you gave away over $1,000. You're a lot more generous than me sir.
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
user: Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2010-12-14 14:56:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I want to come back, but I have a daughter now, and I know how consumed I became in the game before.

I don't want to end up on "True Life: I'm an addicted gamer... And a parent."

It's also discouraging knowing how much involvement it takes to get the new AFv3.

I had hard enough time getting the feet/legs/head I did have, just to HQ1

I have over 70m, and too paranoid to sell it over eGaming or whatever, and that's even more tempting to come back, is just to spend that.. so it doesn't go to waste.
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2010-12-14 15:02:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Anyone who misses final fantasy 11, I hate to say it but the game you missed is dead it's not the same anymore lol everything is easy mode now. Even the damn warp scrolls from conquest points are 7 points instead of 750

That is not a function of difficulty; rather, it is because very few people actually level jobs in Signet areas anymore (with Abyssea taking over) so in order for people to actually use conquest points to get stuff SE just lowered the cost.

Otherwise, I would say FFXI is getting easier.
I still play this game and I miss the adventure that came with exploration and finding out new things about Vana'Diel.
Now, it feels like my exploration opportunities are gone since Abyssea is the new FFXI, apparently.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Titox
user: Titox
By Ragnarok.Titox 2010-12-14 15:37:36
Link | Quote | Reply

i miss when there was a lot of new people and the time people telling you having 2 to 4 jobs in 75 was having no life LOL

i miss CoP when it was lvl cap.....was an awesome adventure

i miss all the old party exp camp from 10 - 70....even if some of them were horrible

normal exp party of 6 people :<

my old assault set(it was previously Nyzul until we finish it and got most of the Nyzul armor so moved to assault set....darn only was missing the 3 of the tier10 to finish them all XD but was fun as heck )

FFXI is not low lvl friendly anymore ;; everything is about abyssea and hoping a new expansion or something that included new city and a bunch of new monster and new areas like ToAU......the joy when i got to the boat to whitegate was so exciting running around the ship watching everything and listening to the music bg of the ride XD

i think my first ship was more exciting one was because someone started a party in Tahrongi Canyon(my first party ever) and was talking about some dunes(that i didn't know of) and their parties there and we were gonna get some ship ride to reach it...my eyes were shinning to get to the ship and the dunes ;;

i kind of quit...playing on a friend account currently...mostly soloing and watching how stuff is going ;/ i am focus more now in Anime and console gaming like Blazblue,Call of Duty,Starcraft2(PC) and many more
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-12-14 15:53:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Galvaya said:
I want to come back, but I have a daughter now, and I know how consumed I became in the game before.

I don't want to end up on "True Life: I'm an addicted gamer... And a parent."

It's also discouraging knowing how much involvement it takes to get the new AFv3.

I had hard enough time getting the feet/legs/head I did have, just to HQ1

I have over 70m, and too paranoid to sell it over eGaming or whatever, and that's even more tempting to come back, is just to spend that.. so it doesn't go to waste.
Everyone has their vices, parents are no exception. The difficulty is between balancing your addiction with responsibility. But I have to say if you're having doubts about being able to maintain the responsibility, it's probably best to just keep from getting into it at all.
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-12-14 16:03:29
Link | Quote | Reply

It's easier than you think Galvaya. There are three or four people on Egaming that buy all day every day and resell. I've dealt with all of them and never had anything happen. It's when you sell to other players that it can sometimes get shady.

You'll get less per mil selling to the resellers, but it's a better peace of mind.
 Valefor.Sketchkat
user: sketchkat
By Valefor.Sketchkat 2010-12-14 16:08:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I miss the game in the sense that I miss what it used to be, and when all my rl friends played and we'd do stuff together in-game.

However, I'm not interested in returning because it is now a dying game that is almost completely based within a single event that I don't care for, and besides that, I don't have the time or inclination to whittle away hours in an mmo these days. I'll always have fond memories of FFXI, but I'll never play it again.
[+]
 Asura.Rinkydink
Server: Asura
user: rinkydink
By Asura.Rinkydink 2010-12-14 16:17:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Spence said:
Fenrir.Mtmoogle said:
i do want to come back, but im trying to stay away :(

Me too. Let's start a support group!

i want to quit.. but id miss too many people.. even thought technically with my help its singlehandedly ruined a good portion of my life
 Cerberus.Sylphia
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Sylphia 2010-12-14 16:35:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I come back occasionally... I do miss the people more than anything. I miss collecting furniture for my MH..and especially running around and killing stuff on drk. I've been thinking lately of coming back, but I have school and a lot of homework and AP stuff to do.. So since I'm too busy to play, I had to quit for awhile. :/
 Alexander.Jukie
Server: Alexander
user: Jukie
By Alexander.Jukie 2010-12-14 16:48:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I miss how 11 used to be when Sky, Dynamis and Besieged were major activities. We'd get to Al Zahbi early because otherwise it would be full up by the time Besieged started. Everyone wanted to do assaults. I even miss it when there were 15 people on the list for Duelist Chapeau. Whenever I think about going back though I just remind myself that it's not the same game I loved. Most of my main friends on 11 quit way before I did.
[+]