2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » New Director of FFXI
New Director of FFXI
First Page 2
By Artemicion 2010-12-10 02:40:12
Link | Quote | Reply

SE said:
The development team is pleased to announce that Mr. Mizuki Ito, director of the Abyssea series of battle area add-ons and creator of a wide range of battle content to date, will be taking over the helm as director of FINAL FANTASY XI.

Assisting him as associate director will be Mr. Yoji Fujito, known to players as the creator of the Trial of the Magians and chocobo raising systems.

Both directors are committed to seeing that Vana'diel continues to evolve as a realm of rousing adventure and camaraderie.

Mizuki.Ito said:
It is an honor and a privilege to be given this opportunity to assume the role of FINAL FANTASY XI director from my colleague Mr. Matsui.

With my experience on the team, I understand how deeply our players treasure the memories they have made over eight-plus years in Vana'diel, and I will do everything in my power to see that the greatest adventures are still yet to come.

Yoji.Fujito said:
As associate director, I look forward to working with Mr. Ito to guide FINAL FANTASY XI into its next great age of adventure.

Though the challenge is a daunting one, we will endeavor to create content that offers new challenges and rewards for all adventurers who call Vana'diel home.

What are your thoughts on this new staff lineup and direction FFXI has taken as of late with all these updates and add on campaigns?
I for one, after playing FFXI as long as I have and being patient with it's generally slow-paced nature am excited to see it crank up the heat and action to the high octane level of gameplay it deserves to be, even if only after all these years.
[+]
 Leviathan.Bassclef
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Bassclef
By Leviathan.Bassclef 2010-12-10 02:44:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, given that SE also made an announcement regarding the restructuring of XIV's staff tonight, this probably wasn't a surprise. The appointed Director of XI back in September (Matsui) was re-assigned to combat for XIV.
[+]
 Kujata.Segaia
Server: Kujata
user: Segaia
By Kujata.Segaia 2010-12-10 03:21:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I so hope that this was the right decision and doesnt lead both FFXI and FFXIV into a harbour of *** :/

Well for FFXIV i welcome the "trial till everything is fixed" but i am scared the new guy(s) will go the Crysta-road and we will soon see halloween-costumes for 100 crysta to purchase D:
[+]
 Asura.Yunalaysca
Server: Asura
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2010-12-10 03:30:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Bassclef said:
Well, given that SE also made an announcement regarding the restructuring of XIV's staff tonight, this probably wasn't a surprise. The appointed Director of XI back in September (Matsui) was re-assigned to combat for XIV.
there is hope
[+]
 Phoenix.Darki
Server: Phoenix
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-12-10 04:10:38
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Leviathan.Niniann
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-12-10 04:13:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Leviathan.Bassclef said:
there is hope

I ain't playin' until they make male Mithra. :{
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
Server: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-12-10 04:18:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Nothing wrong with all females from my perspective...!
[+]
 Phoenix.Darki
Server: Phoenix
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-12-10 04:22:13
Link | Quote | Reply

agreed! we need more pussy on this world.
[+]
 Ifrit.Bloodbathboy
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Bloodbathboy 2010-12-10 04:36:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice girl!!!
[+]
By Artemicion 2010-12-10 12:23:18
Link | Quote | Reply

All they need to do now to make me content is make a Far-East (Tenzen's homeland) and Far-South (Mithra homeland) expansion.
[+]
 Leviathan.Bassclef
By Leviathan.Bassclef 2010-12-10 12:27:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:
All they need to do now to make me content is make a Far-East (Tenzen's homeland) and Far-South (Mithra homeland) expansion.

Agreed. The game feels too cramped with the current amount of locales. Shadowreign and Abyssea zones don't count since they're just tweaked versions The Middle Lands.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Server: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-12-10 12:39:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Deadwing said:
It's my opinion that the level cap increase and new content were necessary in the game's level 75 declining state. That being said I think Abyssea spoils players too much and Trial of the Magians is a really stupid grind system. Relic weapons were in some ways similar to TOM weapons, but there was a storyline behind it and teamwork was necessary to get your currency. With TOM the storyline is basically, ancient moogle power can be yours if you kill 1000 crabs during wind weather.

Summary: The new directors don't understand what made the game balanced and great so I don't trust them with the future content of it.
pretentious pumpernickel aren't you.
just because it doesn't give you warm and fuzzies about yesteryear doesn't mean it's bad.
that and we still have a few updates left :/
[+]
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2010-12-10 12:44:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm just glad the *** who toyed with our heads for 7 years lost his job.

How could they not see him ruining FFXIV?
[+]
 Leviathan.Bassclef
By Leviathan.Bassclef 2010-12-10 13:36:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Off-topic: As we're giving our thoughts and opinions about this, some one is going out of their way to "express" their own opinion by rating us all down.

Anyway, not everyone is fit to be a director.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Shotzie
Server: Carbuncle
user: Shotzie
By Carbuncle.Shotzie 2010-12-10 15:02:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Seems like good news for XIV but how many more staff members are going to move to XIV before we see

"Greetings players, I am Yoshi Hatamori, former mail room employee for Square Enix, it is my pleasure to annouce that I have been appointed lead director for FFXI. I look forward to implementing many exciting changes in the Delivery Box system!"
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Titan.Xantavia
Server: Titan
user: xantavia
By Titan.Xantavia 2010-12-10 15:19:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Shotzie said:
Seems like good news for XIV but how many more staff members are going to move to XIV before we see

"Greetings players, I am Yoshi Hatamori, former mail room employee for Square Enix, it is my pleasure to annouce that I have been appointed lead director for FFXI. I look forward to implementing many exciting changes in the Delivery Box system!"

Hey, if it gets rid of the "please try again later" message when emptying out the d-box, I'm all for it.
[+]
 Asura.Nususu
user: nususu
By Asura.Nususu 2010-12-10 15:30:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Deadwing said:
It's my opinion that the level cap increase and new content were necessary in the game's level 75 declining state. That being said I think Abyssea spoils players too much and Trial of the Magians is a really stupid grind system. Relic weapons were in some ways similar to TOM weapons, but there was a storyline behind it and teamwork was necessary to get your currency. With TOM the storyline is basically, ancient moogle power can be yours if you kill 1000 crabs during wind weather.

Summary: The new directors don't understand what made the game balanced and great so I don't trust them with the future content of it.

long time no see, friend. How are you? You playing again or just forum surfing?
[+]
By Catsby 2010-12-10 15:35:23
Link | Quote | Reply

It would be awesome to see old content reinvented or updated. And no, not because that's what WoW just did but because FFXI is currently occupying 10 gigs on my computer and it would be nice if more of that was actually used.
[+]
By Derfthegalka 2010-12-10 16:36:32
Link | Quote | Reply

O____________O YO WHEN HER FFXI WAS A MOVEH !!!! ANDDDDD WHEN HER GOTES A DIRCTOR!!! U TELLING MEH THATS ALL THIS TIMES I WAS ON TV?? i KNNNOW I AMS YOUTOOBING BUTTT DANNNNNNNG THIS HER IS MESSIN WITH MAH GALKEN NOGGINS YO!!!!
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Server: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-12-10 16:40:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Derfthegalka said:
O____________O YO WHEN HER FFXI WAS A MOVEH !!!! ANDDDDD WHEN HER GOTES A DIRCTOR!!! U TELLING MEH THATS ALL THIS TIMES I WAS ON TV?? i KNNNOW I AMS YOUTOOBING BUTTT DANNNNNNNG THIS HER IS MESSIN WITH MAH GALKEN NOGGINS YO!!!!
KOINEECHIWAH!
 Lakshmi.Snuffy
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Snuffy 2010-12-10 17:08:48
Link | Quote | Reply

What's wrong with 14? I haven't played it or paid attention to non-XI games, but it looked ok...
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-12-10 17:10:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Snuffy said:
What's wrong with 14? I haven't played it or paid attention to non-XI games, but it looked ok...

Not that much. Lack of content and some lag.
 Asura.Clairxi
user: elisexi
By Asura.Clairxi 2010-12-10 17:12:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:
They already made both of these >.>

Tenzen's Homeland (Far-East) is Aht Urhgan

Mithra's Homeland (Far-South) is Kazham

or I could just been reading all the story's wrong and exactly what all the npc's talk about in those zones <.<
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-12-10 17:18:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Near east is Aht Urghan. Far east is further. Mithra homeland is far south.
[+]
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2010-12-10 17:18:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Clair.... Tenzen and that Yagudo that appears in the TOAU missions both come from a part of the world to the EAST of Aht Urghan.

Kazham is just a midway point between the homelands and Windy. The WOTG missions make it clear that they come from lands further south than what's currently in the game....
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Irohuro
Server: Cerberus
user: Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2010-12-10 18:26:57
Link | Quote | Reply

thats an assumed map of what the rest of vana'diel looks like.

the areas that are a darker color are the areas we dont have access to.
[+]
First Page 2