Forum » FFXI » General » WotG Final Reward Quiestion
WotG Final Reward Quiestion
 Bismarck.Patrik
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2010-12-08 14:31:11
Link | Quote | Reply

for those of you who don't want to know what the reward is... don't read this >.> otherwise i only want to ask about it, if anyone has a source of info or knows from experience it would be appreciated. I am NOT asking about how stupid/gimp/dumb or whatever you think it is.

anyway, the 2nd augment choices kinda confused me and i wanted to figure out their meaning before i beat the last fight. some examples-

on latent Refresh, what activates the latent?

"Occ. maximizes magic accuracy +3%" does this mean there is a 3% chance that your magic acc is at max? or... that it sometimes raises your acc max by 3%? (i'd imagine this might be hard to know this early ; ;)

Occ. inc. resist. to all stat. ailments +5 -basically same idea as last question, its worded kinda wierd.

these aren't all the augments (you can find all on ffxiclopedia) but basically does anyone know what some of these mean? my biggest interest is whats the latent on regain and refresh effects for this. thanks in advanced for anyone who can find out ^^
 Asura.Kese
Server: Asura
user: buhusky34
By Asura.Kese 2010-12-08 14:54:10
Link | Quote | Reply

1tp>mp vice verca
 Bismarck.Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2010-12-08 14:57:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kese said:
1tp>mp vice verca
er do you mean that one tp goes down and 1 mp goes up and vica versa... or am i not even close? XD sorry half awake
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-12-08 14:58:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Patrik said:
for those of you who don't want to know what the reward is... don't read this >.> otherwise i only want to ask about it, if anyone has a source of info or knows from experience it would be appreciated. I am NOT asking about how stupid/gimp/dumb or whatever you think it is. anyway, the 2nd augment choices kinda confused me and i wanted to figure out their meaning before i beat the last fight. some examples- on latent Refresh, what activates the latent? "Occ. maximizes magic accuracy +3%" does this mean there is a 3% chance that your magic acc is at max? or... that it sometimes raises your acc max by 3%? (i'd imagine this might be hard to know this early ; ;) Occ. inc. resist. to all stat. ailments +5 -basically same idea as last question, its worded kinda wierd. these aren't all the augments (you can find all on ffxiclopedia) but basically does anyone know what some of these mean? my biggest interest is whats the latent on regain and refresh effects for this. thanks in advanced for anyone who can find out ^^

I think 3% of the time it maximizes your macc. Kind of like Magic Critical +2% on Witch Sash. I think this would be kind of an interesting stat to put on. 3% of the time, it's like using elemental seal.

Unfortunately, none of these boosts are OMFG AWESOME like a lot of the abyssea and twilight gear is. :/
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-12-08 14:59:56
Link | Quote | Reply

The only thing that struck me as worthwhile, is the TP bonus, especially with some of the new "Damage varies with TP" Weapon skills like Fudo and Torcleaver.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-12-08 15:00:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Patrik said:
Asura.Kese said:
1tp>mp vice verca
er do you mean that one tp goes down and 1 mp goes up and vica versa... or am i not even close? XD sorry half awake

Yeah, you get 1 MP while losing 1 TP.

Latent on the other is:
You get 1 TP while losing 1 MP.

Kind of lame, but I guess it's not so bad for Blue Mage outside of abyssea.
 Bismarck.Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2010-12-08 15:05:48
Link | Quote | Reply

heh i see, yea that refresh latent just lost my interest in that XD thanks for the info all! the increase spellcasting one would be interesting if its a big enough speed up XD otherwise looks like ill go for either magic acc thing or maybe the stat ailment thing.. assuming the resist is actually worthwhile
 Ifrit.Edd
Server: Ifrit
user: Edd
By Ifrit.Edd 2010-12-08 15:15:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Zicdeh said:
The only thing that struck me as worthwhile, is the TP bonus, especially with some of the new "Damage varies with TP" Weapon skills like Fudo and Torcleaver.
Zicdeh, which earring would you replace for WS on SAM? brutal earring or bushinomimi? Thanks for your input.
 Odin.Zicdeh
Server: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-12-08 15:18:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ifrit.Edd said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Zicdeh, which earring would you replace for WS on SAM? brutal earring or bushinomimi? Thanks for your input.

Elvaan have enough ear to accommodate more than two earrings, so I do not have this issue.
 Ramuh.Mizuharu
Server: Ramuh
user: Mizuharu
By Ramuh.Mizuharu 2010-12-10 22:46:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Bismarck.Patrik said:
Asura.Kese said:
1tp>mp vice verca

Yeah, you get 1 MP while losing 1 TP.

Latent on the other is:
You get 1 TP while losing 1 MP.

Kind of lame, but I guess it's not so bad for Blue Mage outside of abyssea.

.... >_>?

http://www.ffxiah.com/item/11697/moonshade-earring

Quote:
My group and I just finished getting our earrings. I can say for a fact that...

Latent: Regain +1 = 1 TP/tic with weapon drawn.

Latent: Refresh +1 = 1 MP/tic with weapon NOT drawn.

Oh, almost forgot to mention that it doesn't drain any HP/MP for the Regain effect nor HP/TP for the Refresh effect. Just do what I mentioned above to trigger latent!