Forum » FFXI » General » Clean install wont work
Clean install wont work
 Alexander.Weedies
Server: Alexander
Game: FFXI
user: weedies
By Alexander.Weedies 2010-12-07 09:15:51
Link | Quote | Reply

SE claims a clean install will fix the HDD full error this is not true atleast not for me i believe SE had a reason for doing this jp ps2s arent affected why? today is pearl harbor anniversary i wouldnt put it past them to be pissed about the nukes we droped after that cowardly attack on our naval forces
Saturday, December 6 - Washington D.C. - U.S. President Franklin Roosevelt makes a final appeal to the Emperor of Japan for peace. There is no reply. Late this same day, the U.S. code-breaking service begins intercepting a 14-part Japanese message and deciphers the first 13 parts, passing them on to the President and Secretary of State. The Americans believe a Japanese attack is imminent, most likely somewhere in Southeast Asia.
 Alexander.Weedies
By Alexander.Weedies 2010-12-07 09:18:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Sunday, December 7 - Washington D.C. - The last part of the Japanese message, stating that diplomatic relations with the U.S. are to be broken off, reaches Washington in the morning and is decoded at approximately 9 a.m. About an hour later, another Japanese message is intercepted. It instructs the Japanese embassy to deliver the main message to the Americans at 1 p.m. The Americans realize this time corresponds with early morning time in Pearl Harbor, which is several hours behind. The U.S. War Department then sends out an alert but uses a commercial telegraph because radio contact with Hawaii is temporarily broken. Delays prevent the alert from arriving at headquarters in Oahu until noontime (Hawaii time) four hours after the attack has already begun.
 Cerberus.Kalyna
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-12-07 09:18:28
Link | Quote | Reply

[sarcasm]It's a conspiracy![/sarcasm]
 Alexander.Weedies
By Alexander.Weedies 2010-12-07 09:21:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Sunday, December 7 - Islands of Hawaii, near Oahu - The Japanese attack force under the command of Admiral Nagumo, consisting of six carriers with 423 planes, is about to attack. At 6 a.m., the first attack wave of 183 Japanese planes takes off from the carriers located 230 miles north of Oahu and heads for the U.S. Pacific Fleet at Pearl Harbor.

Pearl Harbor - At 7:02 a.m., two Army operators at Oahu's northern shore radar station detect the Japanese air attack approaching and contact a junior officer who disregards their reports, thinking they are American B-17 planes which are expected in from the U.S. west coast.

Near Oahu - At 7:15 a.m., a second attack wave of 167 planes takes off from the Japanese carriers and heads for Pearl Harbor.

Pearl Harbor is not on a state on high alert. Senior commanders have concluded, based on available intelligence, there is no reason to believe an attack is imminent. Aircraft are therefore left parked wingtip to wingtip on airfields, anti-aircraft guns are unmanned with many ammunition boxes kept locked in accordance with peacetime regulations. There are also no torpedo nets protecting the fleet anchorage. And since it is Sunday morning, many officers and crewmen are leisurely ashore.

At 7:53 a.m., the first Japanese assault wave, with 51 'Val' dive bombers, 40 'Kate' torpedo bombers, 50 high level bombers and 43 'Zero' fighters, commences the attack with flight commander, Mitsuo Fuchida, sounding the battle cry: "Tora! Tora! Tora!" (Tiger! Tiger! Tiger!).

The Americans are taken completely by surprise. The first attack wave targets airfields and battleships. The second wave targets other ships and shipyard facilities. The air raid lasts until 9:45 a.m. Eight battleships are damaged, with five sunk. Three light cruisers, three destroyers and three smaller vessels are lost along with 188 aircraft. The Japanese lose 27 planes and five midget submarines which attempted to penetrate the inner harbor and launch torpedoes.

Escaping damage from the attack are the prime targets, the three U.S. Pacific Fleet aircraft carriers, Lexington, Enterprise and Saratoga, which were not in the port. Also escaping damage are the base fuel tanks.

The casualty list includes 2,335 servicemen and 68 civilians killed, with 1,178 wounded. Included are 1,104 men aboard the Battleship USS Arizona killed after a 1,760-pound air bomb penetrated into the forward magazine causing catastrophic explosions.

In Washington, various delays prevent the Japanese diplomats from presenting their war message to Secretary of State, Cordell Hull, until 2:30 p.m. (Washington time) just as the first reports of the air raid at Pearl Harbor are being read by Hull.

News of the "sneak attack" is broadcast to the American public via radio bulletins, with many popular Sunday afternoon entertainment programs being interrupted. The news sends a shockwave across the nation and results in a tremendous influx of young volunteers into the U.S. armed forces. The attack also unites the nation behind the President and effectively ends isolationist sentiment in the country.

Monday, December 8 - The United States and Britain declare war on Japan with President Roosevelt calling December 7, "a date which will live in infamy..."

Thursday, December 11 - Germany and Italy declare war on the United States. The European and Southeast Asian wars have now become a global conflict with the Axis powers; Japan, Germany and Italy, united against America, Britain, France, and their Allies.

Wednesday, December 17 - Admiral Chester W. Nimitz becomes the new commander of the U.S. Pacific Fleet.
 Asura.Kaisuko
Server: Asura
user: Kaisuko
By Asura.Kaisuko 2010-12-07 09:23:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the history lesson :D but for srs yesterday my friend, using ps3, got through the update after a few tries. I've been trying since yesterday,also on ps3, with no luck and just recently did the clean install and it worked for me, currently @Downloading Files. yay.
 Alexander.Weedies
By Alexander.Weedies 2010-12-07 09:25:41
Link | Quote | Reply

new addition 12/7/2010 SE FAILS UPDATE FOR A ONLINE GAME i know its 1 in 99.99% chance of being remotely true but its a good reason to be mad if ur sick of thinking about how u cant update ur ps2 i have pc however and am sitting in abyssea altepa atm gl getting on if u ever can again also another japanese note: they kill whales and dolphins so go nuts animal lovers and vets + armed forces memebers/ex members i gave u a reason to be mad peace every one
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-12-07 09:26:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Weedies said:
SE claims a clean install will fix the HDD full error this is not true atleast not for me i believe SE had a reason for doing this jp ps2s arent affected
If you're being serious (which I highly doubt you are), let me ask you one thing.

How do you know jp PS2s aren't affected? Japanese players don't post here (FFXIAH) that often, ya know.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
Server: Bahamut
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-07 09:26:45
Link | Quote | Reply

1. SE said it may work, not that it will.

2. suggesting the Pearl Harbor thing is *** stupid.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-12-07 09:28:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Weedies said:
another japanese note: they kill whales and dolphins
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
Server: Bahamut
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-07 09:34:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kalyna said:

[sarcasm]It's a conspiracy![/sarcasm]
lol
 Leviathan.Optimis
Server: Leviathan
user: optimisx
By Leviathan.Optimis 2010-12-07 09:37:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I just woke up and read this... im like 99% sure this the funniest ***ima read all day. Thank you for letting me have that so early in the morn.
 Alexander.Kiloki
user: kiloki
By Alexander.Kiloki 2010-12-07 10:33:01
Link | Quote | Reply

ive been annoyed all night and all day today about freezing since the update... but this made me laugh. thanks XD
 Ifrit.Itazura
Server: Ifrit
user: Itazura
By Ifrit.Itazura 2010-12-07 16:15:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kalyna said:

How do you know jp PS2s aren't affected? Japanese players don't post here (FFXIAH) that often, ya know.
He doesn't; ignore the raving lunatic.

JP POL site has the same information as the US site on the PS2 problem; it doesn't say it's NA only. Obviously there are some (angry) JP PS2 players wanting info as well.