UI Installer And Mog Sack Gone!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » UI installer and mog sack gone!
UI installer and mog sack gone!
 Leviathan.Aydel
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Aydel
By Leviathan.Aydel 2010-12-07 01:13:51
Link | Quote | Reply

ok so i runned the ffxi ui mod installer and i logged in and my mog sack is now gone. i tried to run the installer again to take it back to default but is still gone... anything i can do to get it back? anyone know where i could perhaps find the .dat file and do it manually? i really dont want to have to reinstall the whole thing again over it. :x thanks in advanced
 Unicorn.Crysten
Server: Unicorn
user: Crysten
By Unicorn.Crysten 2010-12-07 01:17:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Do a File Check on POL I'd say. After that wait till an updated UI mod comes out before you install anything new.
[+]
 Leviathan.Aydel
By Leviathan.Aydel 2010-12-07 01:21:48
Link | Quote | Reply

oh ok didnt think of that ill see if it works. thanks
 Leviathan.Aydel
By Leviathan.Aydel 2010-12-07 01:23:54
Link | Quote | Reply

ok so checking the files only checks for errors within pol files. and that wasn't it since the problem is in game :x anyone know perhaps a link to the .dats from this past update? thanks again
 Unicorn.Crysten
Server: Unicorn
user: Crysten
By Unicorn.Crysten 2010-12-07 01:48:05
Link | Quote | Reply

There should be an option to check FFXI files there too in a drop down box. Try looking again.
 Shiva.Darkshade
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Darkshade 2010-12-07 01:50:07
Link | Quote | Reply

The UI installer is old and outdated. I maintain an updated UI that works with both normal screen and wide screen monitors. It can be found here.
[+]
 Diabolos.Sovereign
Server: Diabolos
user: Galactus
By Diabolos.Sovereign 2010-12-07 01:50:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I ran into this exact problem earlier this afternoon as well. The .DAT in question is ROM/119/51.DAT. From what I can tell, this .DAT concerns itself only with the in-game font and interface menu.

Chances are, you installed a previous version of this .DAT, where the UI has not accommodated for the size changes of the in-game menus in this latest update. Its kind of difficult to explain without seeing it in person... the buttons are still there and function properly in game, they just wont be labeled correctly and the last button on the list simply wont exist. For example, while in your mog house, the Delivery Box will open your Mog Sack, and selecting "Change Job" will actually open your Delivery Box.

You'll need the up to date version of ROM/119/51.DAT, either by using the "Check Files" option or by using a current UI installer, patched for the 12/6/10 update.

Luckily, XI View has been updated to accommodate this, and you can download the current build (V1.04) at the Windower website. If you dont like all the other additions and features of XI View, you can simply install the single ROM/119/51.DAT instead of the entire XI View package.
[+]
 Leviathan.Aydel
By Leviathan.Aydel 2010-12-07 02:06:32
Link | Quote | Reply

thanks i actually just runned into that as well. and fixed it was just coming back to post a thanks to all of you for the replys. thank you :D
[+]