Ps2 Limitations !!!!!

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Ps2 Limitations !!!!!
Ps2 Limitations !!!!!
 Quetzalcoatl.Behar
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Behar
By Quetzalcoatl.Behar 2010-12-06 21:19:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok hasn't Square Enix been saying for years that they can not add more inventory spaces because of "Ps2 Limitations"? Ok so lemme get this straight Square Enix. The Ps2 can not handle more then 80 spaces in the gobbie bags but it can handle more than 80 spaces so long as it's in another slot? You lie SE ! Liars !

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Behar
By Quetzalcoatl.Behar 2010-12-06 21:27:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok So I just herd all ps2 users can't download the update. PS2 LIMITATIONS DO EXIST !!!!!!

Can anyone confirm this?
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Server: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-12-06 21:29:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Get with the times, old man!
By Corrderio 2010-12-06 21:30:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Behar said:
Ok hasn't Square Enix been saying for years that they can not add more inventory spaces because of "Ps2 Limitations"? Ok so lemme get this straight Square Enix. The Ps2 can not handle more then 80 spaces in the gobbie bags but it can handle more than 80 spaces so long as it's in another slot? You lie SE ! Liars !
The PS2 can only hold 161 items. One is for your gil, 80 are for your inventory (assuming you have your gobbie bag maxed), and I forgot what the other 80 was. Think it's what you have active ATM (Satchel, Storage, etc.) Someone more familiar with how the game is code wise can shed more light on it.

Also, hasn't this PS2 limitations joke been done to death enough already?
 Quetzalcoatl.Behar
By Quetzalcoatl.Behar 2010-12-06 21:30:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I am I play on pc haha.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Behar
By Quetzalcoatl.Behar 2010-12-06 21:31:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Corrderio said:
Quetzalcoatl.Behar said:
The PS2 can only hold 161 items. One is for your gil, 80 are for your inventory (assuming you have your gobbie bag maxed), and I forgot what the other 80 was. Think it's what you have active ATM (Satchel, Storage, etc.)
Then what do you call the mog sack? I count 241 items now.
 Asura.Kaisuko
Server: Asura
user: Kaisuko
By Asura.Kaisuko 2010-12-06 21:32:48
Link | Quote | Reply

my friend plays on ps3 and got on, but i cant get on and i play on ps3 aswell
By Corrderio 2010-12-06 21:34:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Behar said:
Corrderio said:
Quetzalcoatl.Behar said:
The PS2 can only hold 161 items. One is for your gil, 80 are for your inventory (assuming you have your gobbie bag maxed), and I forgot what the other 80 was. Think it's what you have active ATM (Satchel, Storage, etc.)
It's at about 161 at a time. Like I said someone that knows the coding for XI better than me could explain it better.
 Asura.Ina
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2010-12-06 21:35:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Well talking about invantory space lets remember they started with the PS2 limitations saying they couldnt add any more jobs or expansions after CoP was released... since then 5 jobs 2 full expansions and 6 minis (ok we will count the first 3 as 1 so 4 minis). I remember hearing the main limitation was actually the AH data which is probably why most gear these days is rare/ex
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Behar
By Quetzalcoatl.Behar 2010-12-06 21:40:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm once again just going to call *** on SE's Ps2 limitation excuse.
[+]
 Phoenix.Lumin
Server: Phoenix
user: Vittles
By Phoenix.Lumin 2010-12-06 21:49:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, I have played on every system this damned game has been ported to... I like them all for different reasons.

I drag the PS2 around for LAN parties-- What I have found with this update is that-- it would apply to a PS2 that has a driver version of 1.11 and not to a system with driver version 1.10.

You can check your version by using the indicated green triangle button on the Browser/System Configuration startup screen.

Can anyone confirm/disprove this?

It does not appear we can update the driver software.
 Leviathan.Varizen
Server: Leviathan
user: Varizen
By Leviathan.Varizen 2010-12-06 21:49:54
Link | Quote | Reply

The PS2 has a limit of 161 Side-by-Side spots. That means it can't display more than 161 items side by side. 80 for the right window (your main inventory.) 80 for the left window (Safe, Satchel, Moggie Back, Storage, or Locker) and 1 for Gil.

Part of the issue is for each one of the items it pulls up, it pulls up all data relevant to it: stats, icons, .dat. So when you go passed 161, it overloads the system resulting in a crash.

You guys misinterpret what they mean a lot of the time. They Look how many upgrades you've gotten. They were trying to figure out a solution for the longest time, which is why you cap at 80, and keep getting new windows.

Cor has the right idea, he just lacked the essential "Side-by-side" qualifier. You could theoretically have 80 inventories of 80 items each, but you can never display more than 2 at a time.
[+]
 Phoenix.Lazuras
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Lazuras 2010-12-06 21:51:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Behar said:
Fail Math.
You can never have more than 161 Items present at any one time. Just like the lady said.

Post deleted by User.
 Quetzalcoatl.Behar
By Quetzalcoatl.Behar 2010-12-06 21:54:30
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not fail math. More a failed explanation.
 Asura.Patriclis
user: Patriclis
By Asura.Patriclis 2010-12-06 22:04:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Umm look at minecraft the game itself cant store more than 64 items per inventory slot/stack but it can support more than 1 stack of items.

It's the same deal the system cant hold more than 80 item variables in each inventory array. But you can create more than i different array for items

Diabolos.Dcon
Server: Diabolos
user: Dcon
By Diabolos.Dcon 2010-12-06 22:11:18
Link | Quote | Reply

heres my question ... there are ppl with ps3 who have got on the game or so they say..... was there anything you did? did you not enough space message and later get on? or did you just get right on with no problem? there has to be a reason some could get on while others cant
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2010-12-06 22:15:44
Link | Quote | Reply

My guess would be a differene in version... mine tells me i need another 1k and change mb space but ive got 20k on there still... might try updating on my ps3 once PC update is done but havnt updated that in like 2 years.

edit- 1010mb needed is what it tells me i need to be specific.
 Diabolos.Dcon
By Diabolos.Dcon 2010-12-06 22:21:45
Link | Quote | Reply

this just drives me up a wall the only thing i do with my ps3 is play ffxi and watch blu rays..... its the first gen 60gb one and ive got plenty of space... i just dont understand how it can tell me i dont. i would think its a SE problem but ppl are reporting they are getting on so it has to be something between the consoles.... all i know is im doomed to watch my gf play and enjoy the new content while i debat going to sleep.....
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2010-12-06 22:25:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Mines a 60gb as well so so much for that idea XD
 Diabolos.Dcon
By Diabolos.Dcon 2010-12-06 22:28:46
Link | Quote | Reply

yea im getting that same 1010mb BS message im going threw files and anything i can try ill post if anything progress is made but i really dont see what i can possibly do to change this guess most of us are stuck waiting on SE to hopefully fix this some time soon
 Unicorn.Helenaagogo
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Helenaagogo 2010-12-06 22:31:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Weedies
Server: Alexander
user: weedies
By Alexander.Weedies 2010-12-06 22:36:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Regarding an Issue Affecting PlayStation 2 Version (Dec. 6)

A number of users of the PlayStation 2 version have contacted us to report that they are receiving a message stating that there is not enough free space on the PlayStation BB Unit, and that they are unable to complete the version update.

The issue is currently being investigated, and new updates will follow as additional information becomes available.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
 Unicorn.Helenaagogo
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Helenaagogo 2010-12-06 22:39:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Dcon
By Diabolos.Dcon 2010-12-06 22:40:07
Link | Quote | Reply

yea ive read that a few times and it makes no sense to me how some ppl on PS are getting on while others aint...i just hope its not something that takes weeks to fix...... im a addict and i need my drug....lol