The Death Of Ps2 Players?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » the death of ps2 players?
the death of ps2 players?
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15
 Asura.Thanquol
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Thanquol
By Asura.Thanquol 2010-12-17 20:34:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the answer.

So just switching the harddrive from one PS2 to another to make the clean install isn't a solution?

Or is there suppose to be another disc I need to install before the Vana'diel Collection 2008 disc?

Would this solve my problem connecting, or preventing this dnas from occuring.

Sorry if my questions seems simple, I'm not much of a tech when it comes to this kinda stuff.

Thanks again for your time in helping me out.
:)
 Titan.Iambatman
Server: Titan
By Titan.Iambatman 2010-12-17 22:31:21
Link | Quote | Reply

u cannot take a PS2 HDD out of 1 PS2 and put in another PS2 w/o reformatting the HDD with the HDD utility disc.

once the HDD was used in 1 PS2 it is stuck to tha PS2 for life unless u reformat it in the new PS2 using the HDD utility disc.

hope this helps!
 Asura.Thanquol
user: Thanquol
By Asura.Thanquol 2010-12-18 07:45:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks, that makes sense to the problems I'm having. Hopefully I still have the utility disc from when I bought the HDD.

Thanks again.
 Hades.Huevriel
Server: Hades
user: Huev
By Hades.Huevriel 2010-12-18 08:07:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I like PS2. It plays all my games perfectly.
Cept for FFXI. I use PC for that :)
and yes there are people that are too "cheap" to buy the new consoles.
I'm still using NES and Super NES on a CRT.
Tried playing Mike Tyson's Punch Out on a Plasma, I noticed split second lag that makes that game a hueg difference, but that's probably got nothing to do with this whole thread.
Please don't bash the PS2 users.
 Alexander.Garlend
Server: Alexander
user: Garlend
By Alexander.Garlend 2010-12-22 09:48:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Q: I tried to install the version update on my PlayStation 2, only to have it fail due to insufficient HDD space. Eventually, I was forced to perform a clean reinstallation. Can PS2 users expect a fix for this problem in the future?

A: It is true that FFXI is approaching the limits of the PlayStation 2 HDD, resulting in insufficient storage space errors for some players. As there is no means by which to defragment the HDD, performing a clean installation of the game is currently the only effective solution. We are working on an upgrade to the update process that will lower the amount of HDD space required, which we hope to implement in future version updates.

This is such BS because ps2 HDD is 40GB and XI runs fine on 360's with the 20GB HDD. just admit you f'd up SE.
 Asura.Isiolia
user: Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2010-12-22 10:18:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Garlend said:

This is such BS because ps2 HDD is 40GB and XI runs fine on 360's with the 20GB HDD. just admit you f'd up SE.

Actually, it explains why there's a problem despite the HDD being more than large enough.

Blame Sony for inadequate filesystem tools.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [54 days between previous and next post]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Mariane
Server: Fenrir
user: leo
By Fenrir.Mariane 2011-02-14 19:32:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:

Never got one of the PS2s to read disks back months ago so it sat there with the glorious insufficient hard drive space error. Started the thing up today. After an eternity of preparing the update and waiting to see if I get the error message it turns out I did not. The updates are now downloading (3%! THREEEE!) and it is safe to say SE fixed the problem in that Play Online version update.

Now, you either fix your PS2 properly or pray for the hard drive to never screw up too bad you need to use the discs to reinstall...

>.>
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
Server: Bahamut
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2011-02-14 20:01:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:

Never got one of the PS2s to read disks back months ago so it sat there with the glorious insufficient hard drive space error. Started the thing up today. After an eternity of preparing the update and waiting to see if I get the error message it turns out I did not. The updates are now downloading (3%! THREEEE!) and it is safe to say SE fixed the problem in that Play Online version update.

I never had a problem installing it to my ps2 and it's from my original install back before COP, and I did the update awhile ago now.

I forget if anyone mentioned that there is an adjustable screw on the laser, you can play with it (should use a multimeter) I'm sure somebody or there's a site with the details, but I've heard it works well. Ima try it at somepoint with 2 ps2's I have around somewhere

edit: or if you want I can talk to my friend about this software he was telling me about that loads from the memory card that lets you read disc images from a HDD, which would bypass that whole issue...
 Fenrir.Mariane
Server: Fenrir
user: leo
By Fenrir.Mariane 2011-02-14 21:12:50
Link | Quote | Reply

That would be things such as "Free MC Boot", "ESR" (loads DVD discs on a PS2 without modchip) and "Open PS2 Loader" (open source HD Loader Replacement).

There's no way around the DNAS protection on FFXI because you need to pass the DNAS check to install the game and the Playonline Viewer is updated regularly (killing any changes one could dare to do in it to bypass the protection).

Such tools won't help. Only real solution is fix the drive.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Unicorn.Nibibi
Server: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Nibibi 2011-02-16 18:31:06
Link | Quote | Reply

My PS2 lives!!!!! I hadn't touched my PS2 since the "HDD full error" update. I decided to try it again last night and I was able to complete the update and log-in. First on my list of things to do... upload macros to the server.
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15