Forum » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » AF3 Body/Gloves/Earring
AF3 Body/Gloves/Earring
 Lakshmi.Vitali
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Vitali
By Lakshmi.Vitali 2010-12-22 14:13:30
Link | Quote | Reply

no, it doesn't enhance your own stoneskin, it ehances the stoneskin granted from your cure spells. If your cure 5 lands for 1100, you'd be granted 30% stoneskin total (25 base +5 for the body+1) resulting in 330 stoneskin.

This is pretty useless if you have capped cure potency as the max stoneskin you grant is 300 from solace.

As for capping cure potency without nobles, you can:

Surya +2 (22%)
Orison Cap +2 (10%)
Serpentes set (5%)
Orison earing (2 %)
Fygila Torque +1 (3%)
Orison cape (3%)
Roundel Earring (5%)
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2010-12-22 15:23:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Vitali said:
As for capping cure potency without nobles, you can:

Surya +2 (22%)
Orison Cap +2 (10%)
Serpentes set (5%)
Orison earing (2 %)
Fygila Torque +1 (3%)
Orison cape (3%)
Roundel Earring (5%)

Alternatively, break latent on Medicine Ring and you could use a different gear set (swapping for Roundel Earring, Fygila Torque, and Orison Earring comes to mind as 2 of those 3 pieces of gear would be ridiculously expensive)

Given how easy it is to mix and match gear in order to get Potency for WHM, there are definitely options. This would make lower tier cures more effective. MND isn't really important on any cure on Tier IV and below, so you can use a different potency set for those tiers to make them much more effective, and use your standard set for Cure V and VI.

Has there been tests that the "Enhance Afflatus Solace" also does not increase the SS cap as well? It would be interesting to see.
 Lakshmi.Vitali
By Lakshmi.Vitali 2010-12-22 15:46:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, the above is optimal. If you mix and match, you'd lose out on some huge bonuses. You wouldnt want to put in the 5% expansion pants as you'd lose the benefit of orison's +2. Fygila is cheap, and orison earring is free, so no real reason not to have those. Roundel, ok, that may be a bit pricey but what else is a career whm going to spend gil on?

I've never acknowledged medicine ring as I think it's incredible stupid/irresponsible to force yellow as a healer for anything worthwhile (the high teir mobs in abyssea, shinryu, come to mind). Many of the newer mobs have high damaging, large range AoE that can put you in red fully buffed and full hp. What happens if you get hit with meteor while curing your tank?

Sure, if you're fighting trash mobs/xping/low tier nms then you can get away with it, but, it just has never really seemed like a valid option.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2010-12-22 15:58:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Vitali said:
I've never acknowledged medicine ring as I think it's incredible stupid/irresponsible to force yellow as a healer for anything worthwhile (the high teir mobs in abyssea, shinryu, come to mind). Many of the newer mobs have high damaging, large range AoE that can put you in red fully buffed and full hp. What happens if you get hit with meteor while curing your tank?

Well, I'm a little spoiled as a Galka, so my HP is insane even while in yellow. I have yet to be hit with anything that will one shot me while in yellow HP because of my race, which is why I'm rather fearless with my Medicine Ring on, running in to get Bar- spells off and what have you. Maybe that opinion will change as I take on higher tiers of NMs. As of now, I haven't found any issues healing even while weakened either, actually, and if you're a WHM without any form of RR up, you're being quite irresponsible.

But that's digressing a little. Play styles and tactics are dependent on situations.

Pants are definitely irreplaceable though while curing, though you can easily make changes else where. If you know what you're doing, finding a set that works for you will be easy ^_^

Again, I go back to the one question I asked though: is it for certain that the body also does not increase the SS cap?
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2010-12-22 17:58:07
Link | Quote | Reply

i thought cap on solace was 350 not 300 i didn't think it affected your own SS.

but yea for me I use med ring for now but I'm taru I don't like forcing it to proc if i catch it, I catch it. I don't like chillin in yellow. I also don't like the idea of dropping 6mil on an earring. So without the Roundel and without the Medicine Ring (future goal to hit 50% cap) I'll keep my Nobles for full timing and throw in my shiny new Augur's Jaseran when I need MND based non-cure spells.

this is my "dream"/"goal" 50% cure/mnd set (diff from cure/-enm gear for cure IVs and less mnd keep cure pot)

either 2 Aquasoul Ring or maybe swap one or both with Neptune's Ring and Karka Ring

Star Earring until I guess more is known (prices etc) about Aqua Pearl and Neptune's Pearl

For the real high (expensive) MND pieces you could just trade down in those slots for less MND

until new proof comes in with the AF3+2 body comes in making me completely change my mind and get off nobles then I see this as being my goal etc :)
 Lakshmi.Vitali
By Lakshmi.Vitali 2010-12-23 13:34:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't seen any tests of the +2, just the +1, and they didnt use a high cure spell, so no way to test if the cap is raised, but, yes, you can only get 300 from solace, not 350.

Bismarck.Helel
Server: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2010-12-23 13:52:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I have to say not using a medicine ring because you think you're going to get killed is the most HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE thing I've heard in a long while. Cure potency +10% on a ring is ridiculously good. I don't even play WHM anymore but even before Abyssea it was a godly ring. Now with HP cruor buffs you should be even more willing to use it considering yellow hp on a hume is like 1500 hp... If you're getting hit for 1500 hp on whm then you're too close to the mob. I can't recall any dangerous physical tp moves that go beyond 20'. Even spike flail only does 1500 to a mage in Abyssea. Most of the tp moves that go beyond 20' are magical, and whm has the most MDB out of all the jobs so yeah... I think you're just being lazy with gear swaps if you don't use a medicine ring.
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2010-12-23 21:14:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Vitali said:
I haven't seen any tests of the +2, just the +1, and they didnt use a high cure spell, so no way to test if the cap is raised, but, yes, you can only get 300 from solace, not 350.

Hmmm, well hopefully more testing is conducted soon. If the body does raise the SS cap, it could change many gear setups in terms of maximum curing.

And yes, the cap is 300 from Afflatus Solace. The cap of stoneskin when cast normally is 350 (assuming no equips that boost the effect of Stoneskin).

Actually, now I'm curious to see how much Refresh the +2 body gives. Just read that BLU AF+2 gives a 2mp/tick, so would be nice to see all mage related +2's to be similar. Yes, I know MP isn't an issue in Abyssea, but I'm thinking about the few times I'm outside of Abyssea doing events.
 Bahamut.Tildaor
Server: Bahamut
user: Tildaor
By Bahamut.Tildaor 2010-12-25 10:42:37
Link | Quote | Reply

To hopefully answer your question on the stoneskin cap... I went out for another quick test on WHM/NIN to see if I could get a result. The setup was to Divine Seal and Cure V to ensure that the cure would do well over the 1000 hp necessary to test the 300 cap at the 30% bonus.

What I found was unexpected...

The stoneskin absorbed 378 damage. Both my long hand calculations and the cure calculator show that my DS Cure V should have healed 1576hp. (Thanks to the wonderful world of Abyssea, my healing magic isn't anywhere close to capped at 90.)

Thirty percent of 1576 is 472.8, so there seems to still be a cap in play. But from the looks of this brief test, it appears that the body piece does augment the amount of stoneskin that is granted.

The extra 78 damage absorbed would equate to an extra 26% of stoneskin compared to Solace's base (78/300).

Again, this is with the +1 body. I can't say if the +2 is any different and it will probably be a while until I complete it. If you have any suggestions for ways to change this test, let me know and I'll try to work it.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2010-12-25 20:53:41
Link | Quote | Reply

And this... just makes things significantly more complicated... lol... >.>...

Umm, in order to refine the tests, I'd say play around with Cure VI some. Would be interesting to see what numbers are put out between a Divine Sealed Cure VI. Thanks for the test! =D

Looking at it right now, though, healing in maximum potency with MND gear to boost the cures of Cure V and VI would still be the better way to go. Can't really do any hard math until the formula is known, but the lose of potency to try to fit AF+1/+2 Body in would not justify the increased Stoneskin HP.

However, I'd still advocate a Cure set for tier I-IV that uses the AF+1/+2 Body and a max heal set for Cures V and VI just because the increased boost to Stoneskin.

@Vitali
Would it possible to get a link to where the original testing for the AF+1 Body was? I'm curious to see what their parameters are now. Thanks ^_^
 Lakshmi.Vitali
By Lakshmi.Vitali 2010-12-25 22:07:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Helel said:
I have to say not using a medicine ring because you think you're going to get killed is the most HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE thing I've heard in a long while. Cure potency +10% on a ring is ridiculously good. I don't even play WHM anymore but even before Abyssea it was a godly ring. Now with HP cruor buffs you should be even more willing to use it considering yellow hp on a hume is like 1500 hp... If you're getting hit for 1500 hp on whm then you're too close to the mob. I can't recall any dangerous physical tp moves that go beyond 20'. Even spike flail only does 1500 to a mage in Abyssea. Most of the tp moves that go beyond 20' are magical, and whm has the most MDB out of all the jobs so yeah... I think you're just being lazy with gear swaps if you don't use a medicine ring.

Except I use spellcast, so being lazy has nothing to do with it.

It's just not intelligent.

You're honestly saying it's acceptable for a whm to be put into yellow while fighting mobs that can one shot you with meteor or other high damaging abilities? (meteor has a range of at least 30, by the way). Have you even fought any high end mobs in abyssea? Rani? Shinryu? Your title history suggests you haven't.

I feel bad for your relic.

*edit* - and even with merited shell 5, and our MDB traits you hold in such high regard, meteor can and will reduce a mage to double digit HP with stoneskin up. My hp in abyssea is around 2k.

As to tilador's test. Please repeat without divine seal. Divine seal is the exception and boosts the stone skin granted from solace. Also, you don't need to have a big cure, the stone skin granted is calculated based on the potential amount cured.

From wiki:

Stoneskin value is 25% of cure amount, calculated before hitting the target; if a 30hp Cure lands for 4hp, it still grants 7hp (25% of 30)

Here's the link to the original tests I saw:

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/98420-Final-Magian-Empyreon-Armor./page25
 Bahamut.Tildaor
By Bahamut.Tildaor 2010-12-25 22:52:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Vitali said:

As to tilador's test. Please repeat without divine seal. Divine seal is the exception and boosts the stone skin granted from solace. Also, you don't need to have a big cure, the stone skin granted is calculated based on the potential amount cured.

From wiki:

Stoneskin value is 25% of cure amount, calculated before hitting the target; if a 30hp Cure lands for 4hp, it still grants 7hp (25% of 30)

I'll give it a whirl. I thought that activating Divine Seal doubled the skin, but it was still susceptible to the same cap of 300... hence why I tried the test in this regard.

I'll try to get out soon again to test according to your suggestions. Might not be for a bit with the holidays... but I'll post back when I do.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2010-12-25 23:09:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Vitali said:

From wiki:

I believe you're quoting this, right?

Wiki said:
*Stoneskin value is 25% of cure amount, calculated before hitting the target; if a 30hp Cure lands for 4hp, it still grants 7hp (25% of 30) worth of Stoneskin, rather than 1hp (25% of 4).
*Divine Seal will double the Stoneskin amount of a doubled cure.
*Maximum Stoneskin amount from a cure is 300.

From my understanding, DS doubles your cure amount, therefore it would double your Stoneskin amount, up to 300 HP (seems substantiated with Rya's test here, after researching the wiki some more. Therefore, I believe it is still relevant to consider Divine Seal as a method to test the degree of how much Afflatus Solace is affected by AF+1/+2 and it affects the Stoneskin cap of it, as it has just been proven that the body piece does in fact increase the cap.

Do you have more potency gear, Tilador? Based off the fact that your Divine Seal'd Cure V is ~1500, it leads me to believe that WHM isn't your main and that you're still building up quite a bit of gear for your WHM.

Lakshmi.Vitali said:
Here's the link to the original tests I saw:

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/98420-Final-Magian-Empyreon-Armor./page25

Did not know Tilador performed the original test, lol. Hi =p

EDIT:
Bahamut.Tildaor said:
I'll give it a whirl. I thought that activating Divine Seal doubled the skin, but it was still susceptible to the same cap of 300... hence why I tried the test in this regard.

I'll try to get out soon again to test according to your suggestions. Might not be for a bit with the holidays... but I'll post back when I do.

Understandable, take your time ^_^ I personally really appreciate the information you're providing, hopefully we can come up with something out of it all.
 Lakshmi.Vitali
By Lakshmi.Vitali 2010-12-25 23:31:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah maybe. the wording was a bit odd on it. I'll look forward to a retest though just to confirm. I'm still a few seals from mine.

Thanks for the testing.
 Bahamut.Tildaor
By Bahamut.Tildaor 2010-12-26 10:22:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea, WHM isn't my main, but it's a job that I've fallen in love with since leveling it. (Was 68 pre-Abyssea, so I had plenty of time to grow into the job before all the level leeches arrived.)

I do have a potency set that's at 47%, but I lost 34%% by swapping my +12% Facio Bliaud for the AF and Surya's+2 for maces to speed up the testing a bit. Hopefully I'll be able to get out for some Cure VI testing soon.

Also, many thanks for the suggestions! I'm not usually one to do first testing, so suggestions are greatly appreciated. I was just getting frustrated that nothing was done despite seeing +1 and +2 bodies walking around, so I decided to try my hand. :P
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2010-12-26 11:06:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Haha, I hear you. I wish I could contribute more, but I'm out of town right now, and I'm no where close to having a +1 Body done ; ; Really appreciate the testing being done!

I think at this point in time, it would be best to start at about a 1,000 cure and work up if possible. If you got enough potency to have around a 500 Cure IV, Divine Seal that and I guess slowly work up (I would say try to go up by increments of 50 HP?) to about 1,500 Cures.

Once there are enough data points, it should be a simple matter of interpolating the line/curve based off the data.

Also, another thing you could outside of using 1K Needles as your basis for set damage is to use Devotion and/or Martyr as well. With HP Atmas and Abyssites, it would be fairly simple to break the 300+ Stoneskin threshold using those abilities.

Again, thanks for taking the to test the Emp body! ^_^
 Bahamut.Tildaor
By Bahamut.Tildaor 2010-12-26 21:02:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Going to give updates as I find things out for you guys so we can all make observations.

Tooling around with Abyssea NMs with friends tonight... used a Cure VI with no DS and then used Devotion. Max HP was 1916, was left with 1807 after.

1916 x 0.25 = 479
1916 - 1807 = 374

Makes for 374 points absorbed by Solace's SS buff.

Was there a clear formula deciphered for Cure VI so I can calculate the cure value? Haven't seen anything concrete on that yet.

Another test:

Cure V
--------
Formulated Cure: 1084
HP before Devotion: 1916
Devotion (25% of max HP): 479hp
Remaining after Devotion: 1762

1916 - 1716 = 154
476 - 154 = 325 points of stoneskin

% of Cure to Stoneskin = 30.03%

This would make sense since 30% of 1084 is 325.2... the extra .2 is truncated off.

Ragnarok.Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2010-12-26 22:55:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmm, I haven't seen any calculations per say, the FFXI Stat calc has a Cure calc that has Cure VI on it, but dunno how accurate it is.

With your HP values as is right now, I'm tempted to say go in WHM/RDM and Convert, then Cure VI yourself to give you a rough value on how much your Cure VI cures for. The values may change depending on your sub job because of the MND and VIT, but honestly not sure by how much :/ Wish I could be more useful in that regard.
 Bahamut.Tildaor
By Bahamut.Tildaor 2010-12-26 23:08:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll try the /RDM idea sometime. Currently doing NMs, so I'm subbed SCH for that.

Other news is I'm 3/9 on Cards for +2... so might be able to test some things on that soonish... depending on how much SE likes me tonight.
 Lakshmi.Vitali
By Lakshmi.Vitali 2010-12-27 01:17:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I have the seals for the +1, and 6/9 for the +2, so i'll be able to test tonight or tomorrow.
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2010-12-27 10:59:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Tildaor said:
Another test:

Cure V
--------
Formulated Cure: 1084
HP before Devotion: 1916
Devotion (25% of max HP): 479hp
Remaining after Devotion: 1762

1916 - 1716 = 154
476 - 154 = 325 points of stoneskin

% of Cure to Stoneskin = 30.03%

This would make sense since 30% of 1084 is 325.2... the extra .2 is truncated off.

That's an interesting development. One of the theories I could come up with this fact is that the Stoneskin cap is based off the Cure amount, up to a certain amount.

....just came up with this...but the numbers seem WAAAAY too convinient

No Bonus

% Bonus = 25%
Cure Amount to Reach Cap = 1200
Stoneskin Cap = 300

+1 Bonus

% Bonus = 25% + 5%
Hypothesized Cure Amount to Reach Cap = 1200

HOWEVER, if both the amount of bonus is increased to 30% and the new Cure amount cap is increased by 5% as well...

% Bonus = 30%
Hypothesized Cure Amount to Reach Cap = 1200 x 1.05 = 1260

Therefore, new Stoneskin Cap is...

Hypothesized Stoneskin Cap = 1260 * 0.30 = 378

Which matches Tilador's Stoneskin amount when he over healed himself greatly.

Whether this is true or not will still needs some more testing. For all we know, this could just be on massive coincidence.

I guess in order to test this is to heal at around 1,260 Cures and work the Cures up and down. If this theory holds true, any Cure over 1,260 would result in a 378 Stoneskin, and every Cure less then 1,260 would reduce the the total Stoneskin (we'd lose one point of Stoneskin for about ever 3.33 that is cured less)

So..um... thoughts? O-o

Lakshmi.Vitali said:
I have the seals for the +1, and 6/9 for the +2, so i'll be able to test tonight or tomorrow.

Go go go! Good luck on getting the rest of your items ^_^
 Bismarck.Tonythetaru
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Tonythetaru 2010-12-28 02:56:50
Link | Quote | Reply

wish it wasnt so late or i'd test my +2 out. all i can say is that it is 2mp/tick refresh.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2010-12-28 22:22:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Tonythetaru said:
wish it wasnt so late or i'd test my +2 out. all i can say is that it is 2mp/tick refresh.

Well, it's nice to know the +2 Body does give a 2mp/tick Refresh. So, WHMs in proper gearing is looking at a 5mp/tick Refresh in a perfect idle set, I think... Good to know though!

If you wanted to help test with a +2, umm... I guess see what your Stoneskin cap is? If my theory is true in the previous post, your Stoneskin cap with a +2 Body should be 462 HP...should... being the appropriate word.
 Ragnarok.Xellana
user: Xellana
By Ragnarok.Xellana 2011-01-17 12:54:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Helel said:
You realize that the ring doesn't proc in Yellow HP with Cruor buffs right? It goes off 75% of you BASE HP, just like the other rings are activated (ie. Sorcerer's Ring, Minstrel's Ring, etc.)
[+]
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2011-01-17 12:56:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Xellana said:

You realize that the ring doesn't proc in Yellow HP with Cruor buffs right? It goes off 75% of you BASE HP, just like the other rings are activated (ie. Sorcerer's Ring, Minstrel's Ring, etc.)
Weird, I must be getting 10% cure pot on my cures out of thin air then.
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2011-01-17 13:02:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ludoggy said:
Ragnarok.Xellana said:

Weird, I must be getting 10% cure pot on my cures out of thin air then.

I thought that was specific to Sorcerer Ring. I believe I get my potency in Yellow HP (Cure V's do about 1K in white HP, 1.1K in yellow, it I remember correctly...).
 Asura.Ludoggy
Server: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2011-01-17 13:05:38
Link | Quote | Reply

With ring on top, without on bottom.
[+]
By chuchotrain 2011-01-20 16:48:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry if this has already been mentioned before, but I haven't seen it elsewhere, but the Orison Bliaud also gives additional MDB to barspells as well.

The first stonega III was naked, no barspell, second solaced barspell and third bliaud barspell. No gear other than that was changed, only had cruor buffs as well.

I'm not sure how sound my math is because there are two unknown variables, being dint and mab of the worm. Just for the sake of it, however, I got dINT 11 by reverse calculating. In any case, it shouldn't matter much if the dINT or the MAB/MDB part is wrong since it should work out to be the same.

(434 + 11)/1.18 = 337.118~ -> 337
(434 + 11)/1.33 = 334.586~-> 334 (barspell merits and solace bonus)
(434 + 11)/ x = 311; x = 1.43 so if this is even correct, +2 body gives 10 mdb.

Again sorry if this has already been mentioned >_>, if it has, I need to lurk better.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-01-20 17:09:34
Link | Quote | Reply

chuchotrain said:
Sorry if this has already been mentioned before, but I haven't seen it elsewhere, but the Orison Bliaud also gives additional MDB to barspells as well.
The first stonega III was naked, no barspell, second solaced barspell and third bliaud barspell. No gear other than that was changed, only had cruor buffs as well.

I'm not sure how sound my math is because there are two unknown variables, being dint and mab of the worm. Just for the sake of it, however, I got dINT 11 by reverse calculating. In any case, it shouldn't matter much if the dINT or the MAB/MDB part is wrong since it should work out to be the same.

(434 + 11)/1.18 = 337.118~ -> 337
(434 + 11)/1.33 = 334.586~-> 334 (barspell merits and solace bonus)
(434 + 11)/ x = 311; x = 1.43 so if this is even correct, +2 body gives 10 mdb.

Again sorry if this has already been mentioned >_>, if it has, I need to lurk better.

Are you talking about from having the entire +2 set or just the whm body +2 piece?

in either case did you notice the diff on ele resistance (i.e. click Equipment and look at your elemental resistance level before casting either barspell and see how much it changes after?) just curious
By chuchotrain 2011-01-20 17:23:52
Link | Quote | Reply

No difference in the numerical value of the barspell, just additional MDB.

This was only with body piece, not set.

This makes me wonder what other things it could enhance, maybe takes additional status effects with sacrifice?