Any Hope For A New Server Merge?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Any hope for a new server merge?
Any hope for a new server merge?
 Phoenix.Degs
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2010-12-06 14:30:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
Large game companies don't change their minds. Once they've pulled the trigger on something (XI long tail strategy, XIV launch, etc) they simply aren't agile enough to reverse it. It's like trying to turn a cruise ship around -- it just doesn't happen that fast.

The only thing XIV's tragic launch probably changed was how long they intended to draw out XI's long tail before they pull the plug. They're not going to increase the budget in an attempt to get people back, but they're also not going to push as hard to get people to abandon it, either.
What really supports now is the fact PS2 users can't get past 85 now.
PS2 support = gone.

Will they give us some new graphics updates now? Probably not :(
Play on PC... and buy a USB controller... problem solved, then in your down time, you can play other PS2 games, still have access to the interwebs, and play past 85 on FFXI
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-12-06 17:25:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Degs said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
Large game companies don't change their minds. Once they've pulled the trigger on something (XI long tail strategy, XIV launch, etc) they simply aren't agile enough to reverse it. It's like trying to turn a cruise ship around -- it just doesn't happen that fast.

The only thing XIV's tragic launch probably changed was how long they intended to draw out XI's long tail before they pull the plug. They're not going to increase the budget in an attempt to get people back, but they're also not going to push as hard to get people to abandon it, either.
What really supports this now is the fact PS2 users can't get past 85 now.
PS2 support = gone.

Will they give us some new graphics updates now? Probably not :(
Play on PC... and buy a USB controller... problem solved, then in your down time, you can play other PS2 games, still have access to the interwebs, and play past 85 on FFXI
Eww, I couldn't imagine playing on a console.

I was talking about an update to the graphics on PC, although not as high as the requirements like XIV.
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
Server: Lakshmi
user: Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2010-12-07 02:44:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Liltrouble said:
Sylph seems like it's over crowded most times
No!! Don't let SE know this...

Square.Enix said:
It has come to our attention, that due to the gleaming success of our recent expansions, and Abyssean adventures, we've decided to emigrate members from their servers, due to over population! This is success!!
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
Server: Leviathan
user: pchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-12-08 01:30:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Chilzen said:
Howdy, just more or less came back from a month or so break recently from XI, and good ol Lakshmi went from a little over 2,000 players on average to barely over 1,000ish every day now for the past week, even on the weekends. Considering we previously merged with Garuda... Those numbers are pretty scary, in honesty.

Anyone know what kind of funky voodoo dance and ritual it takes to get SE to possibly consider another round? Or is this just a Lakshruda problem currently?

They get more money if you pay for your transfer. Also at this point it's clear to anyone that they don't give a ***to FFXI and would rather have the player move to XIV than stay. The state of half of the servers is under the state of the lower pop server of march/april before the merge, eyt they don't merge it. It was needed, but the new team doen't give a ***.
 Asura.Echandra
Server: Asura
user: Echandra
By Asura.Echandra 2010-12-08 02:21:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I still don't get why people move to this server.... Since you can just troll the drama, I guess if you want some over-crowded whatnot firsthand, throw down your $25 and head this way?

edit: hopefully the inevitable mergers will hold off at least until summer 2011 /stagger
 Hades.Roonwit
Server: Hades
user: Roonwit
By Hades.Roonwit 2010-12-09 04:28:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Elanabelle said:
I really think S-E shot themselves in the foot by rushing FFXIV.

If you're a prospective MMORPG player, who doesn't have any current affiliation to a game ... are you really gonna choose FFXI when there's shiny new FFXIV on the shelf at the store, too? And remember, 9 out of 10 are gonna choose WoW before even considering FFXI vs. FFXIV.

Agree with this. I have been away from FFXI for a few months now and thought about coming back but noticed that LOTRO is now free to play, so gave it a try as FF14 was too buggy for me. Have to say LOTRO is great and its the final nail in the coffin for FFXI for me. Anyone looking to start an MMO wont consider FFXI when there is WOW, FF14 and LOTRO around, so getting new players is going to be really difficult.