PS2 Expansion Disk.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » PS2 Expansion Disk.
PS2 Expansion Disk.
 Asura.Planet
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Jovant
By Asura.Planet 2010-12-04 21:14:43
Link | Quote | Reply

im pretty f'n desperate as you can see >.>; i've checked all over new york Manhattan basically went to over 50 store and not one of them have any PS2 expansions which would make sense seeing that ps2 hard drives are like none existent, away... if anyone, ANYONE has any old used (dont need reg keys) disk for the ps2 just so i can download i'm willing to pay (using paypal, name price) i'll also pay for next day shipping, all i need is to download the content and i'll gladly send the disk back to owner. amazon & ebay have them but even used ps2 expansions are over 60$ which is outrageous. all 3 expansion are needed for download please, please if you have them and willing to send them or if you have any advice that doesn't involve me spending over 40$ you can privately PM or message me on thread.
thank you for your time.
 Ramuh.Krizz
Server: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-12-04 21:25:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know which expansions I have. I think my PS2 disc is only up to CoP. I MIGHT have ToAU. I won't be able to check until tomorrow night since I'm out of town.
 Asura.Planet
By Asura.Planet 2010-12-04 21:37:09
Link | Quote | Reply

thanks sooo much Krizz any expansion is good bro anything i can get my hands on atm i really appropriate it
 Sylph.Cohan
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Cohan 2010-12-04 21:48:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I have all the Ps2 discs sitting here under my Ps3.
FFXI
ToAH
CoP
WotG

Though at this time i dont have the cash to send anything out.
Being a broke college student sucks lol
 Asura.Planet
By Asura.Planet 2010-12-04 21:56:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Cohan, if you have paypal i'll be glad to send you the cash and a little extra something for the help (i know how college can be, lol), if your still interested just PM me the quote price for next day deliver to new york, manhattan from where your located and paypal info (and i'll send you the cash via paypal)

only if your still interested and have the extra time on your hands.
 Sylph.Cohan
By Sylph.Cohan 2010-12-04 22:10:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah i just looked in all the cases and all the discs are there.
Planet Check your Inbox
 Ramuh.Yarly
Server: Ramuh
user: nignog
By Ramuh.Yarly 2010-12-04 22:19:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I wonder if a modded ps2 can use burned copies of the expansion discs to play ffxi? provided you have the original sony hdd, of course.
 Asura.Planet
By Asura.Planet 2010-12-04 22:27:06
Link | Quote | Reply

im playing on a BC PS3. dont have an xbox & im on a crappy Aspire One netbook ; ; so i didnt have much of an option but to try and get the ps2 disk.
 Sylph.Cohan
By Sylph.Cohan 2010-12-04 22:32:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok Planet Check you inbox for quotes
 Asura.Planet
By Asura.Planet 2010-12-04 23:12:46
Link | Quote | Reply

ok everyone thanks for reading & your input, disk will be in transit on monday ^^v. Krizz i have cohan sending me the disk but would like to thank you for considering to send them, something you or cohan obviously dont have to do, big thanks to the both of you

edit: And Churros (thank you)
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
Server: Bahamut
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-05 02:02:39
Link | Quote | Reply

if you use a disc loader it should boot the disc up properly, idk if the playonline software will check to see if it's a burned disc, I can try later to see if it does *will need to burn a copy) if it doesn't check all you'll need to do is burn it, if you have to load it with a boot disc you'll have to buy one (as burned dvds/cds aren't pressed, and it checks for that. the tool I used to open the thing is just a piece of plastic, I can look later for the site I bought both off (you'd have to remove the front panel off your ps2's disc try to use it)
 Luz
By Luz 2010-12-05 02:04:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Your PS2 won't read a burnt disc unless you modded it. Anti-piracy measure, there's certain data on game discs that is not read by computer drives when they rip them.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-05 02:08:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Luz said:
Your PS2 won't read a burnt disc unless you modded it. Anti-piracy measure, there's certain data on game discs that is not read by computer drives when they rip them.

I've played plenty of copied games, there's not many that use an extra layer of protection and even those you can use software to make a 1.1 copy off. (will work for just about every game just with nero though)

I have the first 4 .hack games copied and played them all that way, I don't remember what else I have.

Also no mods, just a disc loader.

edit: and until recently I've never been to comfortable with soldering, so that wasn't even an option for me at the time.
 Valefor.Onionpatchkid
Server: Valefor
user: Forg
By Valefor.Onionpatchkid 2010-12-05 02:29:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I can play my bakup copy of wild arms alter code F but can't install ffxi from a backup of the setup discs. Even after beating the copy protection for copied discs somehow dnas will trip. Not sure how its detecting but it knows its not the original. I can't enter WotG zones on my ps2 because of this.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-05 02:31:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Onionpatchkid said:
I can play my bakup copy of wild arms alter code F but can't install ffxi from a backup of the setup discs. Even after beating the copy protection for copied discs somehow dnas will trip. Not sure how its detecting but it knows its not the original. I can't enter WotG zones on my ps2 because of this.

I forget, when you put in the disc does it go to setup immediately or does it go to the pol viewer?

and what the hell is wild arms alter code f?

I've played 2 and 3 and it's a very good series from what I can see.
 Valefor.Onionpatchkid
By Valefor.Onionpatchkid 2010-12-05 02:35:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure it was 2 months ago when I tried it. I think it goes right into pol setup if the viewer isn't installed already. I had to install from scratch and had to go find my original discs, which I have cept for WotG.

They remade the original wild arms for ps2. Added a subtitle to its name. Its done in full 3d and adds more playable characters and stuff, and the mobs are definitely better designed but I still kinda like the original better even if the 1st enemy I saw looked like 3 triangles lol. A lot of 1st generation playstation games looked kinda crappy like that.

p.s.
I did also try using the copied wotg disc after everything else was setup..still got errored.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-05 02:38:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure it was 2 months ago when I tried it. I think it goes right into pol setup if the viewer isn't installed already. I had to install from scratch and had to go find my original discs, which I have cept for WotG.

They remade the original wild arms for ps2. Added a subtitle to its name. Its done in full 3d and adds more playable characters and stuff, and the mobs are definitely better designed but I still kinda like the original better even if the 1st enemy I saw looked like 3 triangles lol. A lot of 1st generation playstation games looked kinda crappy like that.
I don't mind the polygons, they kinda make some of the games. (insert spiky haired joke here)

I'll have to check it out later, I need to see if my one ps2 still plays games anyway, iirc the tray just doesn't want to open.

as for ffxi the only way it may be possible is if it's booted up to the burned disc and the setup is run from it, the pol viewer probably catches it (for that you'd need a boot loader or w/e it is you use)
 Valefor.Onionpatchkid
By Valefor.Onionpatchkid 2010-12-05 02:44:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I think later I'm going to try hacking it onto the HDD and see if I can get it to update. Its tricky getting the data correct on the hdd but I recall someone posting a torrent of the files awhile back. If everything is in the correct place that *should* work. Just have to backup my current non ffxi stuff 1st.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-05 02:51:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I think later I'm going to try hacking it onto the HDD and see if I can get it to update. Its tricky getting the data correct on the hdd but I recall someone posting a torrent of the files awhile back. If everything is in the correct place that *should* work. Just have to backup my current non ffxi stuff 1st.

just do like the guy on here did and see if you can borrow a copy of the expansion, what area do you live in?

or you just buy a used copy, since you don't need the codes...
be a hell of a lot easier. shouldn't be more than $5-12 or so

edit: cheapest I can find right now is $20, considering it was the last one and the failbox was out then a lot of people probably didn't buy it and most don't think to sell it.
 Luz
By Luz 2010-12-05 02:54:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Assuming you're going to connect the HDD to your computer... tell me how that works out please. I have a PS2 HDD still but I've connected it to my computer and the bios doesn't recognize it. A quick Google search told me little more than while it looks like a normal computer HDD, there's something different about it. I am interested in learning why it is different without sifting through search results.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-05 02:59:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Luz said:

Assuming you're going to connect the HDD to your computer... tell me how that works out please. I have a PS2 HDD still but I've connected it to my computer and the bios doesn't recognize it. A quick Google search told me little more than while it looks like a normal computer HDD, there's something different about it. I am interested in learning why it is different without sifting through search results.

you can do it otherways but connecting it would probably be the simplest, and unless you didn't set your master/slave right, I see no reason it wouldn't detect it, it's a standard 40gb hdd, you can throw a compatible one in the ps2 if you want (bigger) but the ps2 will only recognize so many.
 Valefor.Onionpatchkid
By Valefor.Onionpatchkid 2010-12-05 03:16:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:

just do like the guy on here did and see if you can borrow a copy of the expansion, what area do you live in?

edit: cheapest I can find right now is $20, considering it was the last one and the failbox was out then a lot of people probably didn't buy it and most don't think to sell it.
Cheapest I'd been able to find was 30+RipOffShipping and since the entire collection plus mini expansions I don't even have was only 10 bucks I was all "screw that..I'll pirate it 1st". >.>

If anyone does wanna sell one, PM me. Even if my experiment works it'd be a pain to repeat if I ever have to reinstall again.

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Luz said:

you can do it otherways but connecting it would probably be the simplest, and unless you didn't set your master/slave right, I see no reason it wouldn't detect it, it's a standard 40gb hdd, you can throw a compatible one in the ps2 if you want (bigger) but the ps2 will only recognize so many.
I've had no trouble with mine. I plug it in my pc bios sees my drive but windows sees no data on it unless you partition and format which ruins it (formats are very different), I use a program to access it and write what I want. The sony format isn't 100% known down to the last byte so its easy to mess it up still.

I have 3 official sony drives 1 of which I don't let anything cept the ps2 touch in case I screw up the other 2, and a 4th drive which isn't an official sony that I have now gotten my ps2 to use like an official one but will still trip dnas on online games like ffxi. For some of those there are patches to get around it but not for ffxi. I had to actually modify the hard drives hardware then use program to write a sony style format to it for the ps2 to use it. I'm aware of certain utilities that will let you use normal hard drives with less work than I did; the official sony formatter cd won't see them still though.

Try jumpering the drive to master and having it be the only device on the ide cable (at the end, not the middle) and your bios should see the drive.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-12-05 03:29:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:

Cheapest I'd been able to find was 30+RipOffShipping and since the entire collection plus mini expansions I don't even have was only 10 bucks I was all "screw that..I'll pirate it 1st". >.>

If anyone does wanna sell one, PM me. Even if my experiment works it'd be a pain to repeat if I ever have to reinstall again.

Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Luz said:

I've had no trouble with mine. I plug it in my pc bios sees my drive but windows sees no data on it unless you partition and format which ruins it (formats are very different), I use a program to access it and write what I want. The sony format isn't 100% known down to the last byte so its easy to mess it up still.

I have 3 official sony drives 1 of which I don't let anything cept the ps2 touch in case I screw up the other 2, and a 4th drive which isn't an official sony that I have now gotten my ps2 to use like an official one but will still trip dnas on online games like ffxi. For some of those there are patches to get around it but not for ffxi. I had to actually modify the hard drives hardware then use program to write a sony style format to it for the ps2 to use it. I'm aware of certain utilities that will let you use normal hard drives with less work than I did; the official sony formatter cd won't see them still though.

Try jumpering the drive to master and having it be the only device on the ide cable (at the end, not the middle) and your bios should see the drive.

I'll ask my friend if he still has his and if he's willing to hawk it, he may have already idk he somehow "loses" things...