Fastest Way To Get Nyzul Isle Tokens?

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Fastest way to get Nyzul Isle Tokens?
Fastest way to get Nyzul Isle Tokens?
 Phoenix.Wackatramp
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Wackatramp 2010-12-03 19:27:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Simple question.

I'm working towards getting a mythic (a few years late, already know this, and I was wondering the what the fastest possible way to get tokens is seeing as how I need 150k worth.

I've been going over the charts and floor 1/5 nets you minimum 700+ to 770. Floor 96/100 will net you a loss of -399 to -539 tokens a run.

So does this mean my best option is to spam floor 1 for 200+ days until I hit 150,000 nyzul tokens? Help me out here
 Valefor.Mithano
Server: Valefor
user: mithano
By Valefor.Mithano 2010-12-03 19:37:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Simple answer: yes, spam floor 1-5.

Long answer: Do shout runs of 96-100 requesting sponsor, but state freelot of any gear (you not lotting anything). Ask those that respond if they will sponsor the disc. The deal is you're setting up the run and not lotting, someone else does the sponsor and spends tokens in exchange for the "free ride" and lotting privs. It's a reasonable trade (-400 tokens for them, which they probably don't care about).

If you have a friend that has some tokens built up, they can boost you through. They "only" need to spend 44k tokens to earn you your 150k with this method. Even less painful if you can spread that among a static group that's willing to spam for you in exchange for them getting more lot chances.

Edit: Also, try to avoid spending tokens on gear at the start - you won't have this option, but I always go on whm and the items are fairly useless for me, so I "save" a lot that way. If you go on thf you can probably avoid buying stuff, since you're mostly there for the TH.
 Odin.Sheelay
Server: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-12-03 19:39:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Have a friend spam 96-100 with his tokens and don't waste any on temp items.
Problem solved ;)

Edit: Damn internet freezing for 2 minutes got me beat to the answer! Keep in mind at your lvl you will probably be able to beat Nyzul with as little as 3 people. GL!
 Phoenix.Wackatramp
By Phoenix.Wackatramp 2010-12-03 19:50:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah, thanks. I'm only floor 15 myself. I hadn't thought of that. Thanks. Assuming successful runs, that basically cuts the amount of time I was looking at in half. But still, I'm looking at an April finish date. I want to get the token part out of the way first, as that looks like the most intensive.
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-12-03 19:52:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Not at all.

Unless you already have the 30,000 Alexandrite or can rely on a group of friends willing to steadily do Salvage for you, finishing Nyzul Isle won't get you anywhere.

Unfortunately the Alexandrite are the true cockblock in Mythic weapons, because they drop from an event people are less and less interested in and because they drop in embarassingly low quantities.
 Phoenix.Wackatramp
By Phoenix.Wackatramp 2010-12-03 20:36:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Salvage spam. Skadi feet are still the only +movement speed for BST and I'm in a Pet LS. The plan is just to buy people out providing ***drops each run. I'm the only person I know of working on mythic also. That helps my cause a bit.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-12-03 20:39:55
Link | Quote | Reply

which mythic?
 Phoenix.Wackatramp
By Phoenix.Wackatramp 2010-12-03 20:41:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Death Penalty
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-12-03 20:43:03
Link | Quote | Reply

either Death Penalty or Aymur I'd guess?

Edit: Laaag