The Jug Guessing Game.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » The jug guessing game.
The jug guessing game.
 Caitsith.Heimdall
Server: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2010-12-03 14:10:58
Link | Quote | Reply

No not those kinda jugs!..

So seeing bst getting 3 new jugs and pretty obvious what types they will be. How about this people guess at what job type each will be and what ready commands they will have? Also how much will the new pet food heal?

So guessing go!

Razor Brain Broth / Mellow Bird Broth / Savage Mole Broth
 Ramuh.Vinvv
Server: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-12-03 14:13:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Chicken Broth.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-12-03 14:13:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Chicken Broth.
[+]
 Leviathan.Gotterdammerung
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Gotterdammerung 2010-12-03 20:02:48
Link | Quote | Reply

well we can all look up past jugs and tell that mole means eft

brain means couerl and Bird is new.

but that would mean another stupid couerl so i hope not =/

Also theres a picture of a raptor so one of them is going to be a raptor.

Typically jug names fall into 2 categories. Named for things the jug eats (ex. Meat broth) and typically the first word describes the state of the broth from a food oriented viewpoint (warm,lively, cold)
Or Named for wat it is (ex. Bug broth) and usually has descriptors that dont sound like they describe food but insted sound like they describe the type of broth (quadav,goblin). As for my own theorizing on wat a bird broth will pewp out, i believe it is type 2 and will pewp out a bird type monster. Its likely this is the bird type guy whose been in the dat files for fooorever.
As for wat type of bird... who knows. Cant think of any birds that are mellow and charmable... i hope its a bat or a colibri.

i hope razor brain broth is not a couerl ; ;
unless it gets frenzied rage pounce and petrification breath.

i speculate that Savage mole broth will be the raptor. Cuz raptors and efts are kinda similar looking lizards so its convievable they both like to eat moles.

Either way i am dissapoint. I want crab ; ; i want cactuar ; ; i want antlion ; ; i want bat ; ; i want cactuar ; ; i want tiger ; ; i want KRAKEN!

and also heres a theory just throwing it out there. in a lot of the bst quests u see opo-opo pet... please... SE .. please... give me munkey by 99!
 Midgardsormr.Kempher
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Kempher
By Midgardsormr.Kempher 2010-12-04 09:53:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I want a Hippogryph ; ;
 Siren.Wolfpack
Server: Siren
user: wolfpack
By Siren.Wolfpack 2010-12-04 11:28:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Mellow Bird Broth...... this sounds like something a slime would like..... slimes intimidate(and maybe eats) birds.....PLZ?
 Asura.Karbuncle
Server: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-12-04 11:28:46
Link | Quote | Reply

If i had to go down the "Obvious Jugs are Obvious" I'd pick

Brain = Coeurl
Bird = Raptor
Mole = Eft.

Cause they fit the naming pattern, and the only Unknown is Bird, and in the update notes a raptor is shown in a raptor-less zone.

Now, If i had to think about it, It does not make sense to give us a second coeurl so soon, Unless SE plans on giving it Petrify Breath, Pounce, or Charged Whisker. In which case they could have simply updated CraftyCylvonne that no one uses.

I hope Razor Brain broth is the Raptor and the Mellow Bird Broth is maybe a Damnation Dive using Crow.

I would not want a Colibri, Who wants a mob with like 0 DEF and shitty TP moves? or a Bat either, Its Drain will suck (you know SE) and EVA down isn't worth it. Its TP moves won't do the damage we need them and they wouldn't be better at tanking than Yuly, so they'd fall in the "Situationally useless" catagory and take a back seat to Lulush, Sheep, and Lizard pets.

Either way, my gut tells me "Coeurl" "Raptor" "Eft", So i'm sticking with that. Possibly a Lynx though.
By Leviathan.Gotterdammerung 2010-12-06 21:47:35
Link | Quote | Reply

no need to guess anymore its a raptor a eft and a lynx(go red)

but to defend my colibri bat choice.
I would have lots of uses for both Pecking flurry (a 4 hit tp move)
and feather tickle. thf colibri would easily be as good as dipper for tanking and constantly lowering monster tp would make for easy !! triggering not to mention an alternate source of TH wich is always good also colibri has a real low delay and a high wind resistance and a movement speed bonus. all very handy things.
wut the hell would a crow do besides fall behind as u move due to its incredible slow movement speed.

As for the bat it would be a def acc and evasion down all in one pet. U might scoff at situational jugs but they expound up our faculties.

We have a lot of updates left and as far as DD jugs go we have good ones now and they wont get much better or worse (unless they decide to give a pet a crit based multi hit or sunthin) Id rather have more util options.

Also how is evasion down not worth it? Theres plenty of situations for that. Infrasonics on the lizard is as strong as feint and overwrites evasion buffs. Try it sometime near the end of flameskimmers health bar when all the pets are missing. They jump to a 95% accuracy rate real quick.
 Asura.Karbuncle
Server: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-12-13 15:17:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Gotterdammerung said:
no need to guess anymore its a raptor a eft and a lynx(go red)

but to defend my colibri bat choice.
I would have lots of uses for both Pecking flurry (a 4 hit tp move)
and feather tickle. thf colibri would easily be as good as dipper for tanking and constantly lowering monster tp would make for easy !! triggering not to mention an alternate source of TH wich is always good also colibri has a real low delay and a high wind resistance and a movement speed bonus. all very handy things.
wut the hell would a crow do besides fall behind as u move due to its incredible slow movement speed.

As for the bat it would be a def acc and evasion down all in one pet. U might scoff at situational jugs but they expound up our faculties.

We have a lot of updates left and as far as DD jugs go we have good ones now and they wont get much better or worse (unless they decide to give a pet a crit based multi hit or sunthin) Id rather have more util options.

Also how is evasion down not worth it? Theres plenty of situations for that. Infrasonics on the lizard is as strong as feint and overwrites evasion buffs. Try it sometime near the end of flameskimmers health bar when all the pets are missing. They jump to a 95% accuracy rate real quick.

So sorry for the long time to respond, I forgot about this thread :|

You answered your own question. We already have a lizard who can Evasion down. why summon a weaker DEF, lower HP count pet to do what the lizard can already do better?

Furthermore, most of our pets TP moves do reflect the potency of their wild counter-parts. I.E Foot Kick is beastly, Snow cloud is not too powerful. So Colibri's Pecking flurry, while being 4 hit, Will still likely be more of a "Shiva" Complex, I.E Shitty damage due to multiple hits and SE "wimping out" on giving it good mods, dooming it to be forever useless behind other stronger pets.

Also, Did you seriously bring up movement speed as a bonus >.> or was that a joke -.-;;? Feather Tickle would be a good addition, i mean, In an absolute low-man situation. Outside of that the TP spam would be too much for your pet to get TP quick enough to erase it, and even when it did it wouldn't take too long for a mob to get TP again over that.

FURTHERMORE, there isn't a LS alive who knows if they want to trigger its better to simply find a different mob to build TP on, then run in for WS and run out. There would be almost no use of Colibri pet in that situation unless you decided to go Balls-to-the-wall on the mob trying to trigger, which wouldn't work well, but its possible, and even in that situation, the mob would get back his TP faster than you could erase it with anymore than 5 Melee involved.

On top of that, I guess i'm spoiled when it comes to Abyssea, being in a competent Linkshell helps, In most situations, even on jobs like THF, I'm always capping accuracy except in extreme cases (See: Idrik, Teir III VNM in Vunkerl) where even Feint can sometimes fail to lower their EVA enough... and attack is usually dangling around capped with Stalwarts, Buns, and 3 Atmas on.

I.E Making EVA down and DEF down more or less useless for me or my linkshell.

However, please note: I Do see the validity in having those types of pets ready for situation where you're low-manning with other BSTs, your argument seems to be focused around the playstyle of BST-ONRY or Low-manning with other BSTS, where as my arguments as a BST come from a Party oriented environment with well geared players who have the best of the best Atmas at their disposal, which makes things such as EVA- and DEF- less than useful in the majority of situations i find myself in.

Thats not to say some BSTs would find uses in those such pets. for instance, if you were 3-manning, 2 BSTs could use a good pet, and you could summon your colibri or bat to debuff the mob or reduce its TP to save you from a TP move for 10 seconds. It'd be like having 2DD tanks and a pseudo-Debuffer.

So, while i do recognize these pets you've listed would have their situations, I for one would look forward to having a pet with Tanking Qualities and Debuffing qualities, or at least useful debuffs like Attack down, or Acc down (Look at DipperYuly). DEF down would help Jug pets in low man situations or all-BST situations since pets don't get food/gear benefits/stalwarts so their attack is rarely capped.

Ehhh, Theres too many words here. I see your point, but i'd rather SE introduced a pet that filled more than a 1/100 "niche" spot, and maybe one that, while bringing new things to the table, would not be a "Tissue paper" pet i would have to resummon every couple minutes for being murdered.

Maybe they'd buff up a Colibri's DEF/HP?

There, i defended my point of view as well.
By Leviathan.Gotterdammerung 2010-12-13 17:56:43
Link | Quote | Reply

No movement speed isnt a joke =/ its a very handy trait to have. Especially on a thf high evasion jug. Thf jugs weakness is magic dmg and movement speed + skill + heel means outrunning spells. Also on maps like grauberg where theres lots of uneven terrain and trees and ***ur pet can path poorly causing a large gap between pet and master. Movement speed solves this problem. While i admit its not a HUGE EFFING addition, its still a positive note. And when compared to a crow (movement speed down ; ; ) its relevant.

Also, having all the debuffs on one pet is very handy. Even if they are spread out over other jugs. Having them on one pet means only 1 jug slot in my army is used toawrds debuffing. And while soloing, all are at my disposal. And whose to say the bat would be a weaker defense lower hp mob.

As for pecking flurry being shitty dmg. thats gunna be true of pretty much all the damage ready moves we get. SE is too scared to give us anything with oomph on it. I still think with my gear and experience i could get some satisfying numbers off of it.

For explaining how useful feather tickle would be it might help to explain first how my pet shell does Abyssea NMs.
We have 6-10 beastmasters devoted to stalling. a group of 2 summoners on standby the rest of the group all work on triggers. We tp on nearby monsters or use regain, we dont tp on the nm (people seriously do that?)
the beast masters seperate into 2-3 groups depending on the NM.
each group represents 1 pet on the NM at a time. when that groups pet is near death the pet on deck joins the fray. by the time the original pet is on deck call beast has already timed down and that beast is ready to go. This minizes monster tp gain and health loss. Our main problem b4 i created this strategy was we killed the NM to quickly and he spammed WS's on his way out. It also creates a safe controlled environment for triggering. Even if the NM gets rwody and flexes his muscles a little the 2 stanby summoners are there to pinch tank stall. 1 BP gets the NMs attention and the 2 avatars can stall plenty long enuf to re-establish the controlled lock.
So in this scenario, being able to give my bsts a high evasion tank with TP erasing capabilities is incredibly valuable.

P.S. yes my point of view is from a Pet onry perspective. I give exactly 2 shits about normy jobs =)

But even if i didn't. Its kinda selfish for u to sit in a well run well geared linkshell and want a jug that is just UBER or GTFO

Theres a lot of players. Not all of them lucky enuf or blessed enuf to have good shell filled with well geared skilled players.
Powerful pet debuffs are a great way to turn mediocre players into contributing members of the party insted of absolute dead beats.

Also why does everyone think temp items are permanent

Anyway sorry for coming off abrasive. whole new breed of warriors wearing beastmaster costumes has got me cranky.

I think we can both agree, SE shouldnt be wasting time backtracking over jugs that simply repeat roles we alredy have covered. Especially when they dont even do it better than the previous existing jugs. And jugs like Kraken; Tiger; Crab; Opo-Opo would be more exciting to get.