Job Adjustments (12/03/2010)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Job Adjustments (12/03/2010)
Job Adjustments (12/03/2010)
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-12-03 08:55:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud said:
I remember skilling up evasion and dagger using the /hide trick on greater colibri. Good thing I'm past that stage
support job
[+]
 Asura.Ericka
Server: Asura
user: foxxie
By Asura.Ericka 2010-12-03 08:56:10
Link | Quote | Reply

i don't feel bad for DNCs cause there's maybe a handful or less on Asura, that are decent @ the job >.>
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-12-03 08:57:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ericka said:
i don't feel bad for DNCs cause there's maybe a handful or less on Asura, that are decent @ the job >.>
The *** kind of logic is that?
[+]
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2010-12-03 09:01:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Purpleeyes said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:

Mother *** this.
Way to give kick every main DNC in the *** nuts SE.
had someone get upset with me being "mad" saying that dnc got everything they could ever dream for in the past few updates and great ja's to boot!

yeah cause climactic flourish and the speculated striking flourish is amazing, not to mention a curing waltz 5 that will never be used.
[+]
 Asura.Ericka
By Asura.Ericka 2010-12-03 09:02:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Asura.Ericka said:

the truth logic? :x
 Phoenix.Degs
Server: Phoenix
user: Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2010-12-03 09:03:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Phoenix.Degs said:
I really dont understand the chart for using universal tool over specific tool. how is it better to use it. If i read it right either way, you will have to now expell either 2 universal, or 2 specific, to cast a ninjitsu. and if you only have 1 of each it will do nothing... I get how you wont have to invest more into other specific tools, however you are still using double sheiei either way to cast UTE, .... seems like its a money hole nins will be getting into

I think this is for Futae only. If you don't have 2 or more of the same type of tool(universal or specific), it won't work.

EDIT: Futae is a NIN job ability that lets you expend 2 tools to deal more damage in case you aren't NIN.

The only non-logical state is when you have 1 elemental specific tool, and 2 or more Universals. You'd think the job ability would still be able to fire, but it won't due to the way they programmed it. It checks to see if you have any elemental tools, then if you have 2 or more, if it fails this second check, it won't bother checking how many Universal tools you have.
ok well that makes sense... i dont play main nin.. but was still curious on the benefit of this
 Siren.Shihan
Server: Siren
user: shihan
By Siren.Shihan 2010-12-03 09:07:57
Link | Quote | Reply

For anyone who actually didnt get the nin tool table. It just shows you that if you have 1 universal tool and 1 spell specific tool and you use Futate or w/e it wont cast and use 1 of each.

tldr: no the 2 different tools dont mix with Futate
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-12-03 09:08:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ericka said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Asura.Ericka said:

So because the DNC community is mostly composed of terrible players, just like any other community, it's ok to ignore us getting shafted?

lol, gtfo
[+]
By Purpleeyes 2010-12-03 09:09:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Purpleeyes said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:

Mother *** this.
Way to give kick every main DNC in the *** nuts SE.
had someone get upset with me being "mad" saying that dnc got everything they could ever dream for in the past few updates and great ja's to boot!

yeah cause climactic flourish and the speculated striking flourish is amazing, not to mention a curing waltz 5 that will never be used.

Seriously, I don't even see myself using climactic flourish, nor will I probably be using stricking flourish, considering that it looks like I critical hit on almost every hit (Abyssea), and... when was the last time I didn't double attack!?!?!

Curing Waltz III is pretty much the only waltz that is used so if I'm needed as a healer I may as well come THF/DNC since THFs are gods now.
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2010-12-03 09:19:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Solanis said:
yeah well I raise you

so true

Diabolos.Drago said:
LOL
[+]
 Asura.Dyablito
user: Dyablito
By Asura.Dyablito 2010-12-03 09:29:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexander.Kolossus said:
Asura.Xenophire said:
Hello, Treasure Hunter VII~ <3

Treasure Hunter VI.

Treasure Hunter I-III
Thief Knife: +1
Assassin's Armlets: +1
Raiders +2: +1

Unless I'm missing another piece that has Treasurer Hunter for THF? Also, it's nice to see THF will be more valuable that just a single hit in alliance for drops.
Missing atma of dread has TH
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-12-03 09:34:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Nobody knows if Dread actually stacks with gear.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2010-12-03 09:35:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Nobody knows if Dread actually stacks with gear.
no body knows how th actually works to begin with though
[+]
 Asura.Dyablito
user: Dyablito
By Asura.Dyablito 2010-12-03 09:42:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I got thf with th4 but went solo or dual with my rdm or blm i use atma of dread and is better them my th4 >.<"
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
Server: Lakshmi
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2010-12-03 09:53:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Thedreamer said:
SE forgot dnc update... ;x

dont forgot it could be thf 7.5w

w
[+]
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2010-12-03 10:00:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Asura.Xenophire said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Quote:
The level at which the dancer ability "Curing Waltz III" is acquired will be lowered from 50 to 45.

die in a *** fire
Agreed.
thf/dnc
haste samba
reverse flourish
violent flourish
curing waltz 3
healing waltz
all the steps that matter

WHY THE *** PLAY DNC ANYMORE?
 Asura.Ericka
By Asura.Ericka 2010-12-03 10:05:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Asura.Ericka said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Asura.Ericka said:

So because the DNC community is mostly composed of terrible players, just like any other community, it's ok to ignore us getting shafted?

lol, gtfo

lol we judge all but the mistakes of a few no? :x
[+]
By Purpleeyes 2010-12-03 10:12:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Quetzacoatl said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Asura.Xenophire said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Quote:
The level at which the dancer ability "Curing Waltz III" is acquired will be lowered from 50 to 45.

die in a *** fire
Agreed.
thf/dnc
haste samba
reverse flourish
violent flourish
curing waltz 3
healing waltz
all the steps that matter

WHY THE *** PLAY DNC ANYMORE?
 Sylph.Gredival
Server: Sylph
user: Gredival
By Sylph.Gredival 2010-12-03 10:15:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Karbuncle said:
This, if anything, is also more reason for lazy THF's to finally invest in a good Subtle Blow build as well.

With all the ridiculous MP sources now (Refresh II, Atmas, how every NQ Bard now is the equivalent of a pre-Abyssea G-horn) healers shouldn't have trouble keeping up with MP even with "TP Feeders." I've used Devotion like once since Scars came out, and I almost never dip below 500MP. And if I do? hi2u Martello. The only fights where THF should stay back are fights where any melee in general shouldn't be anywhere near it.

I'd rather THFs learn how to gear for damage instead of making dual evasion Kila and TP'ing in Evasion Torque and Boxer's Mantle. No more "I'm just TH" excuses when your effectiveness as TH is correlated directly to your damage.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-12-03 10:16:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Purpleeyes said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Asura.Xenophire said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Quote:
die in a *** fire
Agreed.
thf/dnc haste samba reverse flourish violent flourish curing waltz 3 healing waltz all the steps that matter WHY THE *** PLAY DNC ANYMORE?

To have the benefits of DNC while getting the benefits of /nin? Still plenty of solo capabilities of DNC main that THF will never see(bloody bolts are nice, but waltzes are better).

Thief is going to be a lot more useful in group settings now. Sure, you'll lose 5% haste from haste samba, but gain tonnes of treasure hunter!
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-12-03 10:26:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ericka said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Asura.Ericka said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Asura.Ericka said:

lol, gtfo

lol we judge all but the mistakes of a few no? :x
No, I judge by what the job can actually do. I don't care how your terribad DNCs play, I care about the fact that myself and the DNCs I associate with don't suck and just got screwed hard.

Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Purpleeyes said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Asura.Xenophire said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Quote:
die in a *** fire
Agreed.
thf/dnc haste samba reverse flourish violent flourish curing waltz 3 healing waltz all the steps that matter WHY THE *** PLAY DNC ANYMORE?

To have the benefits of DNC while getting the benefits of /nin? Still plenty of solo capabilities of DNC main that THF will never see(bloody bolts are nice, but waltzes are better).

Thief is going to be a lot more useful in group settings now. Sure, you'll lose 5% haste from haste samba, but gain tonnes of treasure hunter!
NIN/DNC is basically DNC/NIN with better DPS and utility at this point, barring epic AF3 stats. Can even use the waltz timer Anwig :x All DNC has over it is Fan/Saber Dance, greater step accuracy/potency, and 5% more haste (which may not even be relevant).
 Asura.Ericka
By Asura.Ericka 2010-12-03 10:28:34
Link | Quote | Reply

ima lvl DNC is step my waltz game up :x
Show these wtf DNCs how its done!

you aint there to dance! you're there to TP The mobs and cure the PT/ally!
oh yea and haste samba too! :x
[+]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-12-03 10:29:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I was going to level DNC or NIN, and couldn't decide. I guess I should go for NIN?
 Ramuh.Scizor
Server: Ramuh
user: Scizor
By Ramuh.Scizor 2010-12-03 10:32:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Raptor Pets :3
By Purpleeyes 2010-12-03 10:36:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
I was going to level DNC or NIN, and couldn't decide. I guess I should go for NIN?

LVL DNC to 45, then level up NIN to 90.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-12-03 10:41:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Barring epic AF3, yeah. NIN is a better job for procing weaknesses and general DDing/tanking anyway.
[+]
 Cerberus.Nexxus
Server: Cerberus
user: Orions
By Cerberus.Nexxus 2010-12-03 11:03:55
Link | Quote | Reply

As we lvl to 90, i dont see the nin replace dnc, they dont have waltz-ga III, it will be like using cure I at lvl 30,waltz I not to much usefull unless it's for getting off sleep, and waltz III will be like cure IV (we have it by subbing /whm).

dnc will probably get a new tier of waltz soon, if not lvl 90, it will be 90~95.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-12-03 11:14:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Nexxus said:
As we lvl to 90, i dont see the nin replace dnc, they dont have waltz-ga III,
So? Higher tiers of Divine Waltz are primarily for zerging, and nobody does that anymore.

Quote:
dnc will probably get a new tier of waltz soon, if not lvl 90, it will be 90~95.
Have you even read the update notes? Waltz V, 23 second recast, this update. Too bad the delay makes it useless.
By Purpleeyes 2010-12-03 11:15:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Nexxus said:
As we lvl to 90, i dont see the nin replace dnc, they dont have waltz-ga III, it will be like using cure I at lvl 30,waltz I not to much usefull unless it's for getting off sleep, and waltz III will be like cure IV (we have it by subbing /whm).

Curing Waltz V (DNC Lv.87 Ability Delay: 23 sec.)
Restores target's HP.
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-12-03 11:16:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Karbuncle said:

The following abilities will be subject to restrictions when used in the capacity of support job:

- The ranger ability "Velocity Shot" will be unavailable.
WTF T_T
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9