Forum » FFXI » General » FINAL FANTASY XI Discount for FINAL FANTASY XIV Pl
FINAL FANTASY XI Discount for FINAL FANTASY XIV Pl
Server: Titan
Game: FFXI
user: batboy267
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2010-11-29 13:32:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Im sure the title will cut off so i'll repost it:

FINAL FANTASY XI Discount for FINAL FANTASY XIV Players Extended! (11/29/2010)

The discount will now end in march. Good news for people who play both games I guess...
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Server: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-11-29 13:34:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Square Enix: "lol pls dont leav us yet lmao we gun fix it i swears ; ; just a few moar months k? thnx"
[+]
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
Server: Leviathan
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2010-11-29 13:46:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Darkwizardzin said:

The discount will now end in march. Good news for people who play both games I guess...

inb4xivwasfail

SE is just scrambling to fix their *** ups, XIV "free trial" was extended... what ... 2 times now?
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
Server: Lakshmi
user: Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2010-11-29 13:50:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Square Enix: "lol pls dont leav us yet lmao we gun fix it i swears ; ; just a few moar months k? thnx"
why does SE sound like a LOLcat?
[+]
 Bismarck.Patrik
Server: Bismarck
user: Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2010-11-29 13:51:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Catnipthief said:

inb4xivwasfail

SE is just scrambling to fix their *** ups, XIV "free trial" was extended... what ... 2 times now?
i'd admit SE has done many things to try to get people to stay in XIV (extended free trial) but i don;t think this has to do with it >.> this lowers the monthly fee for XI not XIV, and it was in place before the release of XIV. they extended it 2 months because they extended free trial 2 months, otherwise this deal wouldn't have affected anyone cause it hasn't been in effect this whole time due to the free trial
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-11-29 13:53:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Galvaya said:
Ramuh.Haseyo said:

It's what I hear in my head when I read their announcements.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
user: Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2010-11-29 13:57:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Lakshmi.Galvaya said:
Ramuh.Haseyo said:

Oh, I do over-dramatic azn voices.

"HErrrooo, preazz dun reav us yet, we r gunnnar fix it. yaaa, we pwomise."
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-11-29 13:58:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Galvaya said:
Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Lakshmi.Galvaya said:
Ramuh.Haseyo said:

Oh, I do over-dramatic azn voices.

"HErrrooo, preazz dun reav us yet, we r gunnnar fix it. yaaa, we pwomise."

We need to do web comics about SE together :o
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2010-11-29 14:03:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Patrik said:

inb4xivwasfail

i'd admit SE has done many things to try to get people to stay in XIV (extended free trial) but i don;t think this has to do with it >.> this lowers the monthly fee for XI not XIV, and it was in place before the release of XIV. they extended it 2 months because they extended free trial 2 months, otherwise this deal wouldn't have affected anyone cause it hasn't been in effect this whole time due to the free trial

I believe (and please, prove me wrong if I am wrong) but for this "deal" don't you have to have an active subscription for both XI and XIV? Now to me that makes it sound like they are extending it so they don't get more people quitting XIV while they fix their *** ups and let people enjoy the lowered cost of XI, while still getting something from XIV (of course that is when they decide to start charging for XIV, since they are still I believe in the "trial" period)
By Zekko 2010-11-29 14:06:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I think XIV should be F2P
[+]
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2010-11-29 14:09:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Zekko said:

Pretty much is right now, won't be surprised if they give another free month out.
 Caitsith.Jessie
Server: Caitsith
user: Jessie
By Caitsith.Jessie 2010-11-29 14:19:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Not that I blame it. XIV is still pretty much in its beta stage. I'd be pretty pissed off if I were being charged to test their game. That's actually why I'm not playing it in the first place lol
 Bismarck.Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2010-11-29 14:20:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Patrik said:

inb4xivwasfail

I believe (and please, prove me wrong if I am wrong) but for this "deal" don't you have to have an active subscription for both XI and XIV? Now to me that makes it sound like they are extending it so they don't get more people quitting XIV while they fix their *** ups and let people enjoy the lowered cost of XI, while still getting something from XIV (of course that is when they decide to start charging for XIV, since they are still I believe in the "trial" period)
yea you do. I'd admit that part of the idea of this deal would be to keep people playing XIV i suppose. but it was thought up before XIV was released into such a mess, it was intended to let people that played XI, try XIV as well without feeling like they had to quit XI. i really doubt another month of free trial would be added. the people who have actually logged on since 11/25 should realize how massively better the game is now. there are still some technical issues (most SE said they would fix in December if it wasn't dealt with in November) and besides that the real issue right now is lack of content, which will be added more in December and then every 3 months from there.

I'm not trying to sound purely like a fanboy, I'm just optimistic by nature XD XIV is improving, and SE actually is listening to us this time (admittedly unlike most of XI) just because they don't change the game to fit EVERYONE'S needs, doesn't mean they aren't listening, cause that's kinda impossible >.>

kinda went off track from my original point there... but just saying, this package deal was planned for a while, before XIV had its "flop". because of the free trial extension, this deal ment nothing (it was gonna end before it did anything) so its reasonable that they would extend it for that reason
 Fenrir.Weewoo
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Weewoo 2010-11-29 14:50:08
Link | Quote | Reply

What's funny is based on their plight, it would make sense to reverse the game on which the discount is being offered. Why play full price for a broken game?

If at all for that matter...

Zekko said:
 Diabolos.Chupacabra
Server: Diabolos
user: Caesar
By Diabolos.Chupacabra 2010-11-29 15:09:17
Link | Quote | Reply

God no. Don't make FFXIV free to play.

Every free to play game I've tried has been awful and super repetitive. Not saying FFXIV isn't repetitive at the moment, but there is light on the horizon. Plus, I don't want a friggen cash shop so I have to buy a certain color tunic or sword or staff... or buy story arc missions.

If you've ever played a free to play MMO (besides Vindictus, which is a different beastie in its own right.), you know that there is little incentive to play past the initial "wheeeee new game!!" leveling craze of the first few days. It's likely you forget about it and unistall it a week later.

tl;dr = Don't make FFXIV F2P.
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2010-11-29 15:18:37
Link | Quote | Reply

You know, honestly, I thought the lower FFXI price was permanent. I didn't know it was a limited time deal. That makes it suck and another reason for me to hate XIV in its current state. :/
 Bismarck.Magnuss
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2010-11-29 15:24:54
Link | Quote | Reply

What I find funny about the whole ordeal is the fact that this offer ends in March. March... hmm... What else is happening in March? Oh yeah! For those of us who have crappy computers and are waiting for the game to be released on PS3 (I already pre-bought mine), we have to wait for them to release the game in... March!

Cerberus.Irohuro
Server: Cerberus
user: Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2010-11-29 15:34:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:
You know, honestly, I thought the lower FFXI price was permanent. I didn't know it was a limited time deal. That makes it suck and another reason for me to hate XIV in its current state. :/

i thought this too, i dont remember reading anywhere that the discount was only for x amount of time
 Diabolos.Chupacabra
By Diabolos.Chupacabra 2010-11-29 15:35:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope... I really hope... that SE has some marketing blitz planned for March. Rarely do companies get a second shot to make a good first impression. The first "first" impression was awful. FFXIV better be *** flawless upon PS3 release.

If not, I don't think they are going to have a sustainable playerbase for the long run. As much as I want this game to succeed, and as much as I like it, there just isn't enough to do yet.

Come on SE, do it right this time!

Also, very well done on the November update. Made the game MUCH more enjoyable. :)
 Bismarck.Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2010-11-29 15:52:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Irohuro said:
Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:

i thought this too, i dont remember reading anywhere that the discount was only for x amount of time
they said it when they first put the notice up on pol... they just didn't make it very obvious >.>
By richwood 2010-11-29 16:28:55
Link | Quote | Reply

So I called them today about this. They asked me to make a ticket and call back with ticket number..So I did! It is for my own account security after all O.o.

Here is how it works

1) We extend the free trial on FFXIV, as we are trying to update the game to better suit player needs, or so the lady on the other line stated.

2) So you can play FFXIV for FREE!

3)How ever this will not lower the cost of FFXI, it will still be 12.95(base)+$1 per additional character on account.

4)Once the monthly fees begin to accrue for FFXIV at "trial" end then you will only be charged $7 for FFXI (+$1, yada yada)

5) And FFXIV will be 12.99 monthly (+$3, yada yada)

6) So you can enjoy both games for only $20/month...

Thank you SE, but I would rather save $7, and play a FFXI alone. Because, as we all know FFXIV is fail and unless there is massive updates that almost change the current and total dynamic of FFXIV, you will not have my business for it.
[+]
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
user: pchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-11-29 18:09:13
Link | Quote | Reply

This message from SE is just confirming that they want people to quit FFXI by trying FFXIV, which is just confimation of why they did abyssea that way.

Quote:
If not, I don't think they are going to have a sustainable playerbase for the long run.

A poll on eorzepedia showed that about half of the people came from FFXI.

What SE did is the following :

Make abyssea. This way all the veteran will have to start bascially from scratch and grind abyssea for hours to get top gear (hi2you empyreal weapons, AF3+2). So you have the choice of grinding abyssea for months or FFXIV for month.

For this reason I don't think FFXI will have a nice future past abyssea. They will probably make more dumb magian ***, and this will pretty much force anyone that likes challenge and novelty to move to FFXIV.

Lastly I'd like to point out that the last patch pretty much shows their willingness to "FFXI-form" FFXIV, as they gave up on the random SP proc system (without notice) and you now get a fixed amount of SP depending on your level vs mobs level and PT size. They will also release in 2 weeks a bunch of NMs, some of witch, according to their own words, will be familiar to FFXI players.

Diabolos.Chupacabra
By Diabolos.Chupacabra 2010-11-29 19:45:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Taking into account that half of the current FFXIV players are from FFXI... that makes sense. Seeing as SE haven't advertised FFXIV at all(?) That's why I hope that SE puts out a media blitz near PS3 release in March. Would give them a second chance and allow people to play a much more polished product. Also, it would bring in a ton of new players.

I really don't give a crap about people saying Abyssea 'ruined' FFXI. It's a game. You play to have fun. After 8 years, the game was tedious and boring. At least now I can have new stuff to do for a bit. (Until it gets old and tedious as well.) Get off the Abyssea killed FFXI bandwagon. It didn't kill anything, only changed it.

And are you seriously complaining about the fixed SP change? ... Meh, I'm not gonna bother. Again, to each his own.
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2010-11-29 19:50:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I should watch what I wish for.

"Hey, I hope FFXIV really tanks so everyone will remember what a great game FFXI is in comparison"