Forum » FFXI » General » What was the hardest thing you've done/found in ga
What was the hardest thing you've done/found in ga
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: pchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-11-29 09:01:05
Link | Quote | Reply

* Getting all maps, some suck as hell like all 4 promyvions.
* duoing CoP till promy vahzl for mules (back when it was still capped, mamet and oryou were fun)
* Omega/Ultima back then
* "You find a Macha's coat on the Qiqirn Treasure Hunter"
* Chocobo digging level 10
* You obtain a Duelist's Chapeau +1
* 9/9 feathers and Odin's win in June 2008
* Getting THF, RDM & BLM's subligar solo on BST with a 50 cap
 Odin.Upbeat
Server: Odin
user: Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2010-11-29 09:06:30
Link | Quote | Reply

The hardest thing I've probably ever does was either creating a plan that worked, and carrying it out to kill Cactrot Rapido solo on NIN. Or possibly soloing Suzaku on NIN(85). I definitely lost A LOT more exp on Rapido, But on Suzaku I just got really lucky and won on the second time.

However the hardest thing I ever tried was Ash dragon... That guy just doesn't mess around I lost so much EXP on that fight it isn't even funny. Nothing is worse then fighting a dragon for 3 hours to get it to 15% just to have it use Body Slam as soon as Ichi is at 40% which deals 1,724 DMG, and you only have 1,124 HP. <- This happened at least 15 times, and that isn't even counting all the times I only got it to 40%~99%(Which was a lot). Soooo much respect to Gold for doing that on nin/pup.

[+]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-11-29 09:16:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Upbeat said:
The hardest thing I've probably ever does was either creating a plan that worked, and carrying it out to kill Cactrot Rapido solo on NIN. Or possibly soloing Suzaku on NIN(85). I definitely lost A LOT more exp on Rapido, But on Suzaku I just got really lucky and won on the second time. However the hardest thing I ever tried was Ash dragon... That guy just doesn't mess around I lost so much EXP on that fight it isn't even funny. Nothing is worse then fighting a dragon for 3 hours to get it to 15% just to have it use Body Slam as soon as Ichi is at 40% which deals 1,724 DMG, and you only have 1,124 HP. <- This happened at least 15 times, and that isn't even counting all the times I only got it to 40%~99%(Which was a lot). Soooo much respect to Gold for doing that on nin/pup.

You record any of your Suzaku fight like you did with Cactrot? I'd love to watch that. If not, what subjob, etc?
 Odin.Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2010-11-29 09:20:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Odin.Upbeat said:
The hardest thing I've probably ever does was either creating a plan that worked, and carrying it out to kill Cactrot Rapido solo on NIN. Or possibly soloing Suzaku on NIN(85). I definitely lost A LOT more exp on Rapido, But on Suzaku I just got really lucky and won on the second time. However the hardest thing I ever tried was Ash dragon... That guy just doesn't mess around I lost so much EXP on that fight it isn't even funny. Nothing is worse then fighting a dragon for 3 hours to get it to 15% just to have it use Body Slam as soon as Ichi is at 40% which deals 1,724 DMG, and you only have 1,124 HP. <- This happened at least 15 times, and that isn't even counting all the times I only got it to 40%~99%(Which was a lot). Soooo much respect to Gold for doing that on nin/pup.

You record any of your Suzaku fight like you did with Cactrot? I'd love to watch that. If not, what subjob, etc?

I did, I can't give you a direct link right now because I'm at school. but if you go to my youtube channel I have it up... I used /RDM. Will have more info when I get home if you want it.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-11-29 09:27:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Upbeat said:
I did, I can't give you a direct link right now because I'm at school. but if you go to my youtube channel I have it up... I used /RDM. Will have more info when I get home if you want it.

For other people interested.

Nice job. Do you think the extra shadow from AF3 feet will open up some new ***or not have much of an effect?
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-11-29 09:28:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Trying not to read brosale spam
 Quetzalcoatl.Vostakoyev
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Vostakoyev 2010-11-29 09:34:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Hardest? Probably learning all blue magic spells. I originally only did CoP just so I could get to the areas and learn the spells.

And the hardest of the spells: exuviation. I never had any luck in nyzul or besieged so I went to mt. zhayolm and killed wamouras before the cap increase. Those things are evil, that was an ordeal.
 Fenrir.Mtmoogle
Server: Fenrir
user: Bogamoga
By Fenrir.Mtmoogle 2010-11-29 09:55:07
Link | Quote | Reply

*Completing COP
*Getting my joyuese(3yrs >.>)
 Odin.Upbeat
By Odin.Upbeat 2010-11-29 13:08:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Nice job. Do you think the extra shadow from AF3 feet will open up some new ***or not have much of an effect?

I see it making things that were possible a lot easier, but I'm not sure if it will make the impossible possible. Will sure make NIN a hell of a lot harder in PvP for non-Diaga spamming people, and even then. However PvP on the Odin server is damn never impossible to find, and I'm sure 5 shadow Ni won't help there :(

Most solos I do on NIN now are just kiting/pinning with the Ele wheel, There is very few things I straight tank solo anymore(Sadly).

In Abyssea I find myself soloing with RNG a lot more then I do NIN for most NMs that don't run +100%
 Caitsith.Heimdall
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2010-11-29 13:55:30
Link | Quote | Reply

well last night spent 10+ hours tanking nms in abysea as mnk/nin.. hmm another years ago fighting the wyvern nm in ifrit caldrun to a stale mate for 2 hours as mnk with a blm and rdm or 2nd blm for cures. Oh and tanking iron clad on mnk in vunk.
By Zekko 2010-11-29 13:57:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Nothing because XI is easy.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Server: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-11-29 14:00:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Zekko said:
Nothing because XI is easy.

But seriously, leveling Whm was a pain because I did it while everyone and their mother was leveling Sch. I had to solo 50~75 >___>
By phawk23 2010-11-29 14:00:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Main curing parties Pup/Whm when leveling Pup
 Kujata.Daus
Server: Kujata
user: Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2010-11-29 14:24:12
Link | Quote | Reply

1/6? airship. It was a biotch...Its hard to remember accomplishments now as I havent played in so long. Mamets was "easy" to me..easier than airship..we went 1/1 but we did that 3 nins 3 whm method and it worked great. But dang CoP was so friggen stressful. I still cant believe I managed to finish it :3 took 3 weeks with a great perma of 3 of us and only 2 of us needed it.

soloing smn pre FoV or lvl sync was an interesting experience also, I dont think you can call yourself a true smn if you havent tried carby kiting bombs in garlaige citadel at lvl50 even the bombs up by jormy 8|

getting people to byakko island was always difficult. People could never manage to live through the run.

staying awake during fafhogg or behemoth. There was never an activity I hated more than hnm camping. I never was facing the right direction anyway to see it pop and I didnt bot so lyk nyeah..

getting rdm AF and genkai quests was also one of the hardest things Ive ever done. I almost quit over rdm maat. 1/11. I could not beat him for the life of me but I could solo ruby quadav for the testimony and its the same strategy. The rest of the quests were just rough getting help for. It was hard being newb, you couldnt just go get on your 75 and do it yourself..you had to ask people /shudder.

wasnt hard but took me like 2 years. Dekka would not drop my marduks boots!
 Fairy.Spence
Server: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-11-29 14:27:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Getting SMN to 75 pre-TOAU. Main healing PLD's back then was absolutely terrible, and great NIN's were rare. Once I got to 65-ish, hiking up to the top of Ulerteagegag range, dodging Molechs to get to the bombs. Then carby kiting them for 15 minutes sometimes before they'd blow up. And if you died, you lost an hours work.

Shiva.Kollosis
Server: Shiva
user: Kollosis
By Shiva.Kollosis 2010-11-29 14:29:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd have to say the hardest thing i've ever had to go through was watching myself lose lot on Novio 3 times in a row knowing my ls was about to break within the next few days.. I did get it though. Also having to deal with all those petty arguments with people about SCH or BLM being better..
 Cerberus.Nekdal
Server: Cerberus
user: Nekdal
By Cerberus.Nekdal 2010-11-29 14:46:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Trying to run a Limbus LS or trying to make a abyssea LS.....
 Bismarck.Patrik
Server: Bismarck
user: Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2010-11-29 14:48:38
Link | Quote | Reply

haha... probably beating the WoTG mission fight in the throne room with only me (rdm), a pup, and a whm
 Sylph.Kimble
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-11-29 14:51:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Ashaaman said:
Sylph.Kimble said:
Getting *** Morrigans Robe.

And lotting a 3 on it? That was the best part.

Shocked I didnt get ninja lotted, lol.
 Asura.Poupee
Server: Asura
user: Lian
By Asura.Poupee 2010-11-29 15:41:14
Link | Quote | Reply

actually trying to do things besides lvling. /lazy
By richwood 2010-11-29 16:06:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I have always been a person who does a lot of research/planning for anything. As far as leadership goes, it is hard when people get super ticked off and rage hate on you because you tell them for what we are trying to accomplish, their gear/merits/or over all play skill is to low and as courtesy to other members, it would be best for you not to participate.

Many things in FFXI, even pre ToA where never hard. What is hard is keeping your composure while setting out to complete these tasks.

So to all the leaders out there who understand how frustrating running LS/Alliances/Events full of people who believe they are all an army of one can be.

Best leaders I have ever met in FFXI are Genine and Learry of Circle of Knights (CoK) LS. Which has disbanded since release of FFXIV.

Love you guys, hope your having fun in new game (*^.^*)
 Gilgamesh.Perfectangel
Server: Gilgamesh
user: obliske
By Gilgamesh.Perfectangel 2010-11-29 16:12:40
Link | Quote | Reply

getting Ares Cuirass.took me 3 months to get 35 and 7 months to get 25...
 Carbuncle.Ronson
Server: Carbuncle
user: ronson
By Carbuncle.Ronson 2010-11-29 18:31:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Calatilla said:
Valefor.Slipispsycho said:
Asura.Calatilla said:
Soloìng 6 tonberry in Uggaleph temple as a 60thf/nin with sleep/bloody bolts keeping me alive while my 4 friends lay dead at my feet. Does`nt seen so hard now you look back on it, but back then it was tough lol (6 at the same time btw)
Why'd you keep fighting them?
Everytime I killed one another seemed to aggro, and even to this day I refuse to run from a fight, habit of mine :p Edit: I could have just popped "hide" and everything would have been fine, but I didn't even think of that at the time strangely enough.

AV you can haz this...
 Carbuncle.Ronson
Server: Carbuncle
user: ronson
By Carbuncle.Ronson 2010-11-29 18:35:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Starting THF as my 1st job when i 1st started playing even tho i was told it was a bad idea by a friend i persued it as i like rogue/assassin class's in all mmo's i play and it was back in the day when there was'nt any level sync and some days id have my flag up 2-3 days with no invites :(

took me like maybe 2 years :( on and off

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]