Forum » FFXI » General » The utility of Homam Zucchetto
The utility of Homam Zucchetto
First Page 2
 Pandemonium.Leonlionheart
Server: Pandemonium
Game: FFXI
By Pandemonium.Leonlionheart 2010-11-25 04:24:54
Link | Quote | Reply

So, recently I made a comment about the usefulness of a Homam Zucchetto. I was under the impression that there literally is no use for the piece, for every single job that can use it, besides a DRK landing spells or maybe Head Butt proc, but there are better pieces for this. I stated that in almost every situation Homam Zucchetto fell short to Walahra turban. What situations would possibly occur where you would use Homam Zucchetto over a Walmart hat?
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-11-25 04:28:53
Link | Quote | Reply

DRK enfeebs if you dont have crimson mask?
[+]
By BorealisV2 2010-11-25 04:32:47
Link | Quote | Reply

It's about as useful as Askar Zucchetto. A complete pile of lolcrap.

/thread
[+]
 Pandemonium.Leonlionheart
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Leonlionheart 2010-11-25 04:34:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks, I thought I was right D:
By Shiroineko 2010-11-25 04:40:53
Link | Quote | Reply

For storing the set! :D though this is moot point because you can store individual pieces now (i think)

So for saving you 3k every time you wish to withdraw the set from a moogle! D:
 Carbuncle.Shokox
Server: Carbuncle
user: Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2010-11-25 04:45:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Obtain help for completion -> Store helm, never to be seen again.
[+]
 Phoenix.Ingraham
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Ingraham 2010-11-25 05:12:33
Link | Quote | Reply

You can dress up as the "bad guy" from ToAU.

[+]
 Asura.Katniss
Server: Asura
user: Katniss
By Asura.Katniss 2010-11-25 05:15:14
Link | Quote | Reply

wear it for TPing in a party full of elitists, just to piss them off for fun.
[+]
 Asura.Katniss
Server: Asura
user: Katniss
By Asura.Katniss 2010-11-25 05:16:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Ingraham said:

Thats not Homam, its Barone :3
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-11-25 05:29:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Katniss said:
Phoenix.Ingraham said:

Thats not Homam, its Barone :3

Actually, it's Homam and Amir.
[+]
 Bismarck.Tuvae
user: Tuv
By Bismarck.Tuvae 2010-11-25 05:53:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Was anyone else anticipating a mannequin?
 Sylph.Otsego
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Otsego 2010-11-25 06:15:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Do what I did with mine: Obtain, put in MH on Mannequin, then decide the -1 inventory is not worth this piece, /toss.
 Gilgamesh.Thedreamer
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Thedreamer 2010-11-25 06:33:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Its cool for Blu no ?
well all the set begin to date now, its already the set "you put for tp if you did not af3"...
If only they gave an effect with full set on...too bad now.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-11-25 07:37:51
Link | Quote | Reply

You don't use Homam Zuchetto to TP in for any reason, on any job.

All because this exists, it's easier to get too.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-11-25 07:52:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Thedreamer said:
Its cool for Blu no ?
well all the set begin to date now, its already the set "you put for tp if you did not af3"...
If only they gave an effect with full set on...too bad now.

If anything, just for head butt <_>
[+]
 Fenrir.Weewoo
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Weewoo 2010-11-25 09:06:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Hitetsu said:
You don't use Homam Zuchetto to TP in for any reason, on any job.

All because this exists, it's easier to get too.

One thing I've always wanted to discuss on a civil level:
Would Askar Zuchetto have its uses in a solo/farming like scenario where cumulative haste isn't as effective without the present effects of haste itself and or double march and gives defense for those times when you're not much above floor evasion rate?

Just sayin~
 Unicorn.Ninetales
Server: Unicorn
user: Azulmagia
By Unicorn.Ninetales 2010-11-25 09:07:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Mirage Keffiyeh is better for BLU spells. It's only useful for other spells obtained from subjob like Drain/Aspir.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-11-25 09:13:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll be honest, I'm not that great with the majority of the math in FFXI (I can make fully functional gearsets that give good/consistent results outside Abyssea, but that's about it XD), but I'd guess that W Turban would be better, though I'm not sure by how much (especially if it were only on low-end mobs) with their attack being so low that defense would possibly make a difference (though I doubt the DEF from Askar would be remotely noticable on its own)

Honestly though, I'm going to leave this up to the real math people on here XD
 Fenrir.Weewoo
By Fenrir.Weewoo 2010-11-25 09:16:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Hitetsu said:
I'll be honest, I'm not that great with the majority of the math in FFXI (I can make fully functional gearsets that give good/consistent results outside Abyssea, but that's about it XD), but I'd guess that W Turban would be better, though I'm not sure by how much (especially if it were only on low-end mobs) with their attack being so low that defense would possibly make a difference (though I doubt the DEF from Askar would be remotely noticable on its own)

Honestly though, I'm going to leave this up to the real math people on here XD

It'd be quite the test to compare downtime from lack of defense/attributes vs kill frequency of 1% haste with no added effects and other conditional gear assuming one is unable to heal themselves other than taking a knee.

All I really know is haste is amazingly effective on gear thanks to the spell/song effects. Granted it's wonderful on it's own, but it makes nitpicking over 1% less crucial.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-11-25 09:26:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree, I used to use a PDT setup when I was solo that had very little haste in it (as SAM I'd be rocking like 7% haste XD), but most of my gear was PDT- opposed to DEF+, so I couldn't give any actual estimation to the benefit of a DEF heavy setup opposed to Haste.

I wonder what sort of test would be able to determine the most effective setup? "Fastest 100 mob kills" (longer per fight, but less time healing with a DEF+ set?) or maybe "Most kills in 1hr" (again, the Haste setup would kill faster, but would it kill fast enough to beat out the extra damage mitigation?)?
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2010-11-25 09:27:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I was gonna say this:

but then i realized it was recyclable, and thus it would probably be re-used, which is a nono lawl.

This is moar like it:

I've used my homam head for one thing, and one thing ever... PLD/RDM with that "dispel the npc to fight the lamia" assault. Ever since its been in storage, til i got mannequin >.>

I'd guess its 'ok' for head butt, but even then I doubt that the macc from it would make that much of a difference... if at all >_>. Im sure its almost a "hit or miss" kind of thing lol >.>
[+]
 Fenrir.Weewoo
By Fenrir.Weewoo 2010-11-25 09:29:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Hitetsu said:
I agree, I used to use a PDT setup when I was solo that had very little haste in it (as SAM I'd be rocking like 7% haste XD), but most of my gear was PDT- opposed to DEF+, so I couldn't give any actual estimation to the benefit of a DEF heavy setup opposed to Haste.

I wonder what sort of test would be able to determine the most effective setup? "Fastest 100 mob kills" (longer per fight, but less time healing with a DEF+ set?) or maybe "Most kills in 1hr" (again, the Haste setup would kill faster, but would it kill fast enough to beat out the extra damage mitigation?)?

Suppose it totally depends on what you're fighting.
But really the difference, even over the span of several hours would make the results unsubstantial between the two. Though assuming mobs don't have that long of a chance to pick a fight with you, haste would most certainly win, but if the mob is DC or EM+ I'd imagine a -DMG/Eva setup would win over a long enough course of time. Which still goes under the circumstance of being unable to heal yourself outside /heal.
 Cerberus.Irohuro
user: Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2010-11-25 09:32:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Katniss said:
By BorealisV2 2010-11-25 09:52:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Pointing out that Homam head is gimp doesn't make you an elitist, it means you have the common sense to realize that the number 5 is bigger than the number 3. People who wear this most likely fall into the 'Wheelchair bound semi-retard' category. They're the ones who need helpers to urinate, not because they can't walk, but because they don't know what the *** a toilet is.
[+]
 Cerberus.Zandra
user: Zandra7
By Cerberus.Zandra 2010-11-25 10:26:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I use it to enfeeble AND nuke while on DRK, and it's always better than crimson mask when you don't need the extra skill and would rather have the shortened recast.
 Fenrir.Mankey
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-11-25 10:38:12
Link | Quote | Reply

BorealisV2 said:
Pointing out that Homam head is gimp doesn't make you an elitist, it means you have the common sense to realize that the number 5 is bigger than the number 3. People who wear this most likely fall into the 'Wheelchair bound semi-retard' category. They're the ones who need helpers to urinate, not because they can't walk, but because they don't know what the *** a toilet is.
I love you
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Server: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2010-11-25 11:05:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Mine is in the darkest part of my storage and will never see the light of day but I don't want to throw it away.
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2010-11-25 11:21:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Katniss said:

Exactly.

In seriousness though, you can use it for Enfeebling/Dark Magic accuracy on DRK, and for Magic Accuracy on BLU.

[+]
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
Server: Bahamut
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-11-25 11:26:14
Link | Quote | Reply

BorealisV2 said:

I lol'd
First Page 2