Is It Just Titan Server That Sucks? (ToAU)

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Is it just Titan server that sucks? (ToAU)
Is it just Titan server that sucks? (ToAU)
 Titan.Fruitytooty
Server: Titan
Game: FFXI
By Titan.Fruitytooty 2010-11-22 18:42:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm wondering,is there any groups that do Einherjar/ZNM anymore?
To be honest,Titan sucks with this,cant manage to kerep AC for a week now...I've gotten too far into mythic quest to give up so im just wondering if there is a server i can move to to finish it up

I currently have...

ZNM: Sarameya,Tinnin,Nuhn,Gotoh,Chigre pop items

Einherjar: 52K amps,all feathers except T3 chambers

Assault Rank- Captain,currently have 85K Tokens

Misc.: Medusa pop in MH,2/3 for Gurfurlfur pop,Gulool Ja Ja already killed
[+]
 Fenrir.Snick
Server: Fenrir
user: Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2010-11-22 18:47:19
Link | Quote | Reply

You're not that far unless you like, already have the 30k Alexandrite~
[+]
 Sylph.Zefyr
Server: Sylph
user: Zefyr
By Sylph.Zefyr 2010-11-22 18:49:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Snick said:
You're not that far unless you like, already have the 30k Alexandrite~

This.

I hate to rain on your progress, but the 30k alex is definitely the biggest barrier to completing a Mythic weapon, and this is getting to be more true by the day due to waning interest in Salvage. Supply is tanking fast.
[+]
 Titan.Ardiem
user: Ardiem
By Titan.Ardiem 2010-11-22 19:19:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Wayward still does Einherjar regularly (Tuesday Nights and Saturday afternoons) and still kills Odin.

As far as the ToAU Kings....they don't drop anything people actually want, so its hard to motivate a group to kill them. You spend X time doing them with no hope of a reward.

ZNMs have never been popular on Titan server, I think its mostly because they're a pain in the butt to farm Zeni for.

Best of luck regardless man.
[+]
 Titan.Fruitytooty
By Titan.Fruitytooty 2010-11-22 22:49:48
Link | Quote | Reply

For Alexandrite,I did think ahead..but the only thing i can do until quest 2 is store up gil on my mule,the alexandrite is definetly not the barrier...quest 1 is the barrier because it seems impossible to get ppl for ToAU kings...or even find a decent group to kill Odin
[+]
 Titan.Ardiem
user: Ardiem
By Titan.Ardiem 2010-11-22 23:51:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Next time my LS does Odin, if we're not full (and we're usually not) I'll toss you a heads up. You're more than welcome to tag along to Einherjar with us so long as you either stay of our way or do what we tell you :P

I wish I could help more with ToAU kings, but like I said its hard to motivate people to do these, I've been testing the waters with my own people seeing if they'd be up to slaughter them.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-11-23 00:03:53
Link | Quote | Reply

yes it's just titan server that sucks

a server transfer will cure all ills
[+]
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
Server: Leviathan
user: pchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-11-23 02:59:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Fruitytooty said:

What is medusa/guloool/gurfurlur pop ? Those are not pop NMs.
[+]
 Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-11-23 03:05:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
Titan.Fruitytooty said:

What is medusa/guloool/gurfurlur pop ? Those are not pop NMs.

I'm assuming he means the keys needed to get to said NMs.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-11-23 03:08:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Fruitytooty said:
For Alexandrite,I did think ahead..but the only thing i can do until quest 2 is store up gil on my mule,the alexandrite is definetly not the barrier...quest 1 is the barrier because it seems impossible to get ppl for ToAU kings...or even find a decent group to kill Odin
What exactly is stopping you from storing all the alex on a mule until you can turn it in?

If you don't have a significant portion of your 30k alex right now or a group willing to help you get it over the next year or two, your progress elsewhere is almost certainly for nothing.
[+]
 Phoenix.Jimie
Server: Phoenix
user: Jimie
By Phoenix.Jimie 2010-11-23 04:15:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Titan.Fruitytooty said:
What exactly is stopping you from storing all the alex on a mule until you can turn it in?

If you don't have a significant portion of your 30k alex right now or a group willing to help you get it over the next year or two, your progress elsewhere is almost certainly for nothing.

^This

From a few mythic upgraders on Phoenix before I quit which was when first Abyssea came out, their main complaint was not being able to physically find Alex, there just wasn't enough around.
By fruitytooty 2010-11-23 15:07:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah,Kings aren't pop NMs,I'm meaning the Keys to get access to their Throne rooms,Gulool has an easy Key-set to obtain,but for Medusa and Gurfurlfur...Lamian Claw key and Halvung Bronze key are really annoying to get
By fruitytooty 2010-11-23 15:08:17
Link | Quote | Reply

and also...you cant send Alexandrite is the main issue,so I can't have a mule hold Alexandrite,I can only have a mule hold gil until i reach quest#2 which is when i can actually turn in Alexandrite
 Sylph.Zefyr
user: Zefyr
By Sylph.Zefyr 2010-11-23 15:14:18
Link | Quote | Reply

The mythic upgraders I know all kept alex on mules by having an LS mate hold them while they switched characters. It's definitely doable.
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-11-23 15:20:19
Link | Quote | Reply

You are going to have a seriously hard time finding 30,000 alexandrite as the game currently stands. I would say at this stage of the game, it's going to be an impossible task unless you farm it yourself.

The supply side of the equation is on the verge of non-existent. You better somehow figure how everyone on your server that still does salvage. You'll need it.
 Sylph.Oddin
user: Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-11-23 15:25:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Alexandrites will be as big of a *** block as the first quest. Honestly, I doubt there are any groups out there that do ToAU Kings regularly. Most groups will only worry about ToAU Kings if someone in their group has the Alexandrites already collected and ready to move on to that stage. I'm not saying you should give up but you should probably worry more about the Alexs for the time being then try for a group for Kings. As for Einherjar, it shouldn't be too hard to find groups willing to kill Odin. He's still got some decent drops to offer for people (for now at least).
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Server: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-11-23 15:35:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Aurilius said:
You are going to have a seriously hard time finding 30,000 alexandrite as the game currently stands. I would say at this stage of the game, it's going to be an impossible task unless you farm it yourself. The supply side of the equation is on the verge of non-existent. You better somehow figure how everyone on your server that still does salvage. You'll need it.

Solution: make Salvage 1-3 man entry. Seriously though, why is it required to have 6 people to enter those zones? Even at 75, a full group wasn't needed to accomplish things.
 Bahamut.Zorander
Server: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-11-23 16:22:25
Link | Quote | Reply

There is a reason why this stuff isn't done anymore..

Salvage is a huge time sync for great gear..but this will die unless drop rates are adjusted..or trials come that enhance salvage gear.

3nm's for mythic have always sucked and have been a complete waste of time well unless you like titles.

ZNM gear is a waste for 90% of it..even PW drops are getting outdated. Hachiryu Feet and Yellow Body(can't think of the name of it right now) are still very good. Some of the Oracle stuff maybe but its really not worth the time to do it now. That ship has sailed.

I would still do Assaults just for fun sake and to keep me out of Abyssea, same goes for Nyzul and doing Nyzul with 4 sounds kinda fun.

Einherjar is still worth it imo and some of the gear is still very good for certain jobs.