Coming Back To The Game After 2 1/2 Months.

Language: JP EN DE FR
New Items
2023-11-19
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Coming back to the game after 2 1/2 months.
Coming back to the game after 2 1/2 months.
 Leviathan.Tamian
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Jumatelo
By Leviathan.Tamian 2010-11-22 15:04:29
Link | Quote | Reply

So basically a little over 2 months ago I decided to stop playing the game for good after 20 months. At that time I was decided not to come back and gave my gear/gil to my friends, deleted all my characters and unistalled everything from my computer. Now I want to come back with a different approach to the game, trying not to get suck into it for hours a day like I used to, but more as a 1-2 hour kill time thing.

Anyway, my question is: is there a way I can recover my characters? Is this something that I'll have to ask SE to do for me?

Thanks in advance for the help!
 Ramuh.Laffter
Server: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2010-11-22 15:08:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Even if you can, you gave your gear and gil away, so it'd be easier just to start over at this point.

And since you'll have a hell of a time starting over, I wouldn't even bother playing again.

Get Customer Support on the phone and just ask.
[+]
 Sylph.Oddin
Server: Sylph
user: Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-11-22 15:13:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Tamian said:
So basically a little over 2 months ago I decided to stop playing the game for good after 20 months. At that time I was decided not to come back and gave my gear/gil to my friends, deleted all my characters and unistalled everything from my computer. Now I want to come back with a different approach to the game, trying not to get suck into it for hours a day like I used to, but more as a 1-2 hour kill time thing.

Anyway, my question is: is there a way I can recover my characters? Is this something that I'll have to ask SE to do for me?

I highly doubt you could get your character back at this point. From what I can remember, the cut off point was 3 months but they can go ahead and wipe your account from their systems earlier for any reason. It's worth a try but you'd have to call Customer Support (good luck with that) and ask them about it.

As for actually doing it, I wouldn't bother at this point unless you want to spend a lot of time soloing for a while. Everyone is tied up in Abyssea for the most part and with the next update coming, everyone will be too deep into the new content to bother with anything else. Good luck if you do choose to come back. You'll need it.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Shotzie
Server: Carbuncle
user: Shotzie
By Carbuncle.Shotzie 2010-11-22 15:24:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I had a friend who quit and did the same thing and he ended up having to start over with a new character. This was over 4 years ago so maybe they've changed their policy since then.

Ramuh.Laffter
By Ramuh.Laffter 2010-11-22 15:25:57
Link | Quote | Reply

There are times when they keep character data on the servers just because they're lazy. That's pretty much what you have to hope for sometimes.
 Leviathan.Tamian
Server: Leviathan
user: Jumatelo
By Leviathan.Tamian 2010-11-22 15:29:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the response guys. I just went to the website and it looks like I can do it online there http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/crs/ . I'll try it once I get home.

Hopefully I'll be able to get them back, if not I'll prob just don;t do it. I don;t want to go thru all the time it takes to level, specially if I'll play maybe 1-2 hrs a day.

Gilgamesh.Tweeek
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2010-11-22 15:40:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oddin said:
Leviathan.Tamian said:

I highly doubt you could get your character back at this point. From what I can remember, the cut off point was 3 months but they can go ahead and wipe your account from their systems earlier for any reason. It's worth a try but you'd have to call Customer Support (good luck with that) and ask them about it.

As for actually doing it, I wouldn't bother at this point unless you want to spend a lot of time soloing for a while. Everyone is tied up in Abyssea for the most part and with the next update coming, everyone will be too deep into the new content to bother with anything else. Good luck if you do choose to come back. You'll need it.

wat? I got mine after leaving it for 2 years no problem.

also to OP: You want to come back to "FFXI" and play for only 1-2 hrs a day? Do you not remember this game?
 Ramuh.Laffter
By Ramuh.Laffter 2010-11-22 15:41:37
Link | Quote | Reply

It's possible but...

That's basically just enough time to solo for a bit and maybe run a couple of quests... < .<

Sylph.Oddin
user: Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-11-22 15:45:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
Sylph.Oddin said:
Leviathan.Tamian said:

wat? I got mine after leaving it for 2 years no problem.

also to OP: You want to come back to "FFXI" and play for only 1-2 hrs a day? Do you not remember this game?

It depends on their reasoning. Legally, they can cut the account at any time but they've stated somewhere in the ToS that they have a 3 month grace period basically. They won't touch the account for 3 months but after those 3 months are up, they can and will delete the account permanently if they chose to. That doesn't mean after the 3 months, the account is gone. It just means after the 3 months, the account could very well be gone.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2010-11-22 16:16:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Tamian said:
I don't want to go thru all the time it takes to level, specially if I'll play maybe 1-2 hrs a day.

You could start over and have friends you knew back before you quit help you get to 30, and then Abyssea to 85 in like 1-2 days. Would only take 2 days to be on all day really, and that could be like a weekened you choose. After that you can just relax and play 1-2 hours a day doing random stuff in Abyssea and just hang out.

You basically would be what they call a leech, or the person who opens the chests. Would most likely have to make the alliance yourself, or with your friends and be in their party. Honestly I don't see it as cheating as all those chests are going to go to waste if someone doesn't do it. Keys cost Cruor tho, 500 Cruor each to be exact. To get from 30-85 I would suspect that you would use 300-600 keys in an Abyssea "EXP" party. You can have an EXP abyssea pt, a AF party, or a time party. Each setup requires different types of chests to open up.

You'll be focusing on the EXP party, so your keys used will be relatively low. But you cant exactly start off being the person that opens keys, you need cruor. 300 keys costs 150,000 cruor. Getting from 30-85 will probably earn you up to 400-500k cruor tho.

Also, you'll want to buy the expansions before your ready for abyssea. You need to build up your stones as you get to level 30. The hardest part I see is how your gonna get cruor to be the person to do chests, and the answer that I can think of is that one of your friends can open chests for you until you earn enough cruor to do it yourself. So you'll be a true leech and not contribute anything to the fight until you can get 50k+ cruor. After that you can start opening chests and by the time your out you should be close to 50k again. If not your opening to many of the wrong chests.

To limit how many keys you use, if your doing an abyssea run you'll want to cap out on Azure and Pearl lights. Your group is going to avoid getting Ruby light, hopefully the mob they fight wont give ruby light at all. It makes it a lot easier and less stressful. You'll be looking at blue chest drops only when your low on cruor. Blue chests can be Temp items, EXP, Cruor, Soothing, and Time. You'll have to open up all blue chests except for soothing. You can look at a chest by examining it and peer between the crack to see whats in the blue chest. There are also red and gold chests. Gold contains key items, items, temp items, and armor. Red contains a certain type and strength of light.

Until you have a massive amount of cruor I would avoid using to many keys, so avoid soothing light blue chests, gold chests, and red chests. I would not recommend doing this in the new zones as there are important items in gold chests that the group most likely will want.

Once you build up cruor though you can start opening red chests. Avoid Ruby light and Amber light in EXP party groups. Ebon light is a good and bad thing. It raises the lights of all lights, even ruby and amber. Honestly I'd just open ebon its not that big of a deal. There is Gold and Silver lights too. Gold increases the exp gained from each mob, up to 600 exp per kill. Silver increases the amount of cruor from each kill. Not as impressive as gold obviously but it adds up.

Anyways, if you do decide to come back don't think its going to take you 3-4 months to get to 85. After you reach level 30, the required level for Abyssea, you can seriously get to 85 in 1 or 2 days if you work hard enough. Again you could probably do this over a weekend you pick out and just play the game all day during those 2 days. After that then go back to what you wanted to begin with and just play casually. Hopefully your character is restored but if its not, I think it would be acceptable to start over now if you follow what I said. I would have a hard time starting over myself but its an option available. Good luck on your character being restored and hopefully your back on the game soon!

Edit: Also, with the amount of "crap" that abyssea drops from parties, you can make a lot of gil just leveling in abyssea and collecting the drops. If you focus'ed on items worth 5-10k+ each you can make like 200-300k getting from 30-85. Maybe even more if your lucky enough to have stuff drop to you. Most likely the group will not want people lotting and that's fine.

I'd also recommend getting a satchel for your account. It kinda doubles your inventory but its like a second inventory. You cant macro pieces that are in your satchel but its very nice to store stuff in you dont want filling up your inventory.

You could get all the expansions for like, 15 dollars. including the first 3 abyssea zones, then another 10 dollars for the current one and 10 more for the one coming out in a few weeks. The satchel thing is 10 dollars as well.
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2010-11-22 16:24:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Aurilius said:
You could always *gasp* buy an account. Assuming the calling to customer support option doesn't work. You can pretty much get a basic account for like 150-200 bucks on EGS.

This is a last ditch effort option. I'm sure a lot of people will tell you that you're a horrible person for taking this road if you happen to come to it.

*** them.

Na, but your a cheater for doing it. Not to mention to lazy to do work yourself. But not a horrible person. Not to mention its against the rules and that the seller could just call SE and tell them to rollback the account and keep your money and their account at the same time.
 Asura.Poupee
Server: Asura
user: Lian
By Asura.Poupee 2010-11-22 16:28:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kalilla said:
Lakshmi.Aurilius said:
You could always *gasp* buy an account. Assuming the calling to customer support option doesn't work. You can pretty much get a basic account for like 150-200 bucks on EGS.

This is a last ditch effort option. I'm sure a lot of people will tell you that you're a horrible person for taking this road if you happen to come to it.

*** them.

Na, but your a cheater for doing it. Not to mention to lazy to do work yourself. But not a horrible person. Not to mention its against the rules and that the seller could just call SE and tell them to rollback the account and keep your money and their account at the same time.
no one needs to know she has a brought account!
 Ramuh.Vinvv
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-11-22 16:30:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Poupee said:
Siren.Kalilla said:
Lakshmi.Aurilius said:

*** them.

no one needs to know she has a brought account!
 Phoenix.Gimmeurselables
Server: Phoenix
user: Loltron
By Phoenix.Gimmeurselables 2010-11-22 16:42:55
Link | Quote | Reply

***buy mine I think I'm done lol
 Asura.Poupee
By Asura.Poupee 2010-11-22 16:43:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Gimmeurselables said:
no buy mine ill sell it for cheap!
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-11-22 16:44:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Poupee said:

Not like yours is worth much to begin with ;p
 Asura.Poupee
By Asura.Poupee 2010-11-22 16:45:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kimble said:
Asura.Poupee said:

if only you knew what was on it!
 Phoenix.Gimmeurselables
user: Loltron
By Phoenix.Gimmeurselables 2010-11-22 16:47:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Poupee said:
Sylph.Kimble said:
Asura.Poupee said:

Lot's of awesome stuff huh?
 Asura.Poupee
By Asura.Poupee 2010-11-22 16:48:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Poupee said:
Sylph.Kimble said:
Asura.Poupee said:

Lot's of awesome stuff huh?
ya like cupcakes and a book on how to cook
 Phoenix.Fredjan
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2010-11-22 17:28:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kalilla said:

...the seller could just call SE and tell them to rollback the account and keep your money and their account at the same time...
The only issue with bought accounts.
 Sylph.Lotusbluete
user: Katniss
By Sylph.Lotusbluete 2010-11-23 08:05:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kalilla said:
Leviathan.Tamian said:
I don't want to go thru all the time it takes to level, specially if I'll play maybe 1-2 hrs a day.

You could start over and have friends you knew back before you quit help you get to 30, and then Abyssea to 85 in like 1-2 days. Would only take 2 days to be on all day really, and that could be like a weekened you choose. After that you can just relax and play 1-2 hours a day doing random stuff in Abyssea and just hang out.

if you cant get your account back, you should do that - if you really wanna play.
 Cerberus.Kalyna
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-11-23 08:14:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Tamian said:
gave my gear/gil to my friends, deleted all my characters and unistalled everything from my computer.
Since you were the one to do it, you're *** and would have to start from Level 1.

Might as well not play.

Besides, people are idiots to think "I'm done with this game! /ragequit, give out free rarz, delete character"

We knew you'd be back.
 Sylph.Lotusbluete
user: Katniss
By Sylph.Lotusbluete 2010-11-23 08:18:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kalyna said:
Leviathan.Tamian said:
gave my gear/gil to my friends, deleted all my characters and unistalled everything from my computer.
Since you were the one to do it, you're *** and would have to start from Level 1.

Might as well not play.

Besides, people are idiots to think "I'm done with this game! /ragequit, give out free rarz, delete character"

We knew you'd be back.

The reason i never gave away my gear :P (90% of it is R/E anyway <.<)