Pallid Percy
First Page 2
 Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Carste
By Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud 2010-11-22 12:39:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Just want to say how much I hate this ***.

What's everyone experience with Draw-In? Is it basically whenever someone takes hate that is outside melee range? Seems like the best approach is to let a war/mnk/sam solo for a while to build up hate, and then others to pick away at it.... but then that makes it harder to trigger yellow weakness.

I know he's not supposed to be hard, just a really annoying ***.
 Bahamut.Zorander
Server: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-11-22 12:42:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I hate him.
[+]
 Asura.Karbuncle
Server: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-11-22 12:47:01
Link | Quote | Reply

His Draw in is a Random TP move, he can use in whenever he wants same as Sandspin and Tremors.

Basically you have a 1 in 3 chance of him using Mud Slide - Draw in.

I never had a problem with this NM, i've Duo'd/Trio'd it multiple times, it was really easy as long as you have at least 2 stunners with quick reflexes, I was able to stun him 95% of the time with just making a "stun" macro and keeping target on him as RDM/DRK.

It took me like, ~10 pops total triggering "Yellow" to get 8/8THF, 8/8PLD, and 7/8RDM Seals.

I'd suggest not bringing melee for it, you don't need Red or Blue if you're after seals. Mages only, 1BLM, 1BRD, 1RDM, and 1BLU/nin if you wanna be very certain to trigger Yellow, Avoid Lightsday (Holy/Banishga would be difficult to accomidate)

With those 4 jobs (BLU needs to bring tools for :Ni spells for Blue as well) you should be fine.

RDM needs to sub DRK.

You can do it with less but the above should guarantee Yellow.

also, Bring a THF too. THF/COR or THF/RNG work nicely for this fight to avoid massive TP feeding, or a THF with a good Subtle blow set works too.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Carste
By Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud 2010-11-22 12:53:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Karbuncle said:
His Draw in is a Random TP move, he can use in whenever he wants same as Sandspin and Tremors. Basically you have a 1 in 3 chance of him using Mud Slide - Draw in. I never had a problem with this NM, i've Duo'd/Trio'd it multiple times, it was really easy as long as you have at least 2 stunners with quick reflexes, I was able to stun him 95% of the time with just making a "stun" macro and keeping target on him as RDM/DRK. It took me like, ~10 pops total triggering "Yellow" to get 8/8THF, 8/8PLD, and 7/8RDM Seals. I'd suggest not bringing melee for it, you don't need Red or Blue if you're after seals. Mages only, 1BLM, 1BRD, 1RDM, and 1BLU/nin if you wanna be very certain to trigger Yellow, Avoid Lightsday (Holy/Banishga would be difficult to accomidate) With those 4 jobs (BLU needs to bring tools for :Ni spells for Blue as well) you should be fine. RDM needs to sub DRK. You can do it with less but the above should guarantee Yellow. also, Bring a THF too. THF/COR or THF/RNG work nicely for this fight to avoid massive TP feeding, or a THF with a good Subtle blow set works too.

good write up. yeah a bunch of melees for sure doesn't work, but I do believe there is somethig more to "draw in" then just a random TP move.
By olyard 2010-11-22 12:58:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Why doesn't a DD work? I easily duo this guy with MNK + WHM. Good atma makes this guy a joke. Only real damaging thing was Aero5 which can be blocked w/shadow.
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-11-22 12:59:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud said:
Asura.Karbuncle said:
His Draw in is a Random TP move, he can use in whenever he wants same as Sandspin and Tremors. Basically you have a 1 in 3 chance of him using Mud Slide - Draw in. I never had a problem with this NM, i've Duo'd/Trio'd it multiple times, it was really easy as long as you have at least 2 stunners with quick reflexes, I was able to stun him 95% of the time with just making a "stun" macro and keeping target on him as RDM/DRK. It took me like, ~10 pops total triggering "Yellow" to get 8/8THF, 8/8PLD, and 7/8RDM Seals. I'd suggest not bringing melee for it, you don't need Red or Blue if you're after seals. Mages only, 1BLM, 1BRD, 1RDM, and 1BLU/nin if you wanna be very certain to trigger Yellow, Avoid Lightsday (Holy/Banishga would be difficult to accomidate) With those 4 jobs (BLU needs to bring tools for :Ni spells for Blue as well) you should be fine. RDM needs to sub DRK. You can do it with less but the above should guarantee Yellow. also, Bring a THF too. THF/COR or THF/RNG work nicely for this fight to avoid massive TP feeding, or a THF with a good Subtle blow set works too.

good write up. yeah a bunch of melees for sure doesn't work, but I do believe there is somethig more to "draw in" then just a random TP move.

No sir, Not that I've noticed in my fights. It's completely random.

It can use it with 1 Melee tanking, or it can use it with bunch of mages out of range.

I've even seen it Stunned > then used again ~5 seconds later > Stunned > Sandspin.

Its definitely just 1 of his random TP moves, 1/3 Chance (Mud Slide/Sandspin/Tremors) ironically all of them are AoE as well lol.
[+]
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-11-22 13:01:01
Link | Quote | Reply

olyard said:
Why doesn't a DD work? I easily duo this guy with MNK + WHM. Good atma makes this guy a joke. Only real damaging thing was Aero5 which can be blocked w/shadow.

I'm not saying DD don't work, Of course MNK/WHM can duo it in a heartbeat.

i assume he wanted seals, so Melee would complicate things with TP spam, in which case He'd want to kill it fast but get as many triggering spells in as possible for Yellow.
[+]
 Bismarck.Helel
Server: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2010-11-22 13:11:12
Link | Quote | Reply

MNK + WHM is a waste of time. WHM has very few spells that can proc weakness and obviously neither has TH outside of atma. Better off using magex2 to kill him. BLU head butt works 100% of the time as long as you don't spam it. All the abyssea nms seem to build resistance to head butt if you use it continuously. If you allow 20-30 seconds between head butts however, the stun will always land. With a THF + magex2 and yellow proc, you almost always get at least 4 seals every kill (in my experience).
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2010-11-22 13:15:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, Pallid Percy is a p.i.t.a.

Hopefully by now, everyone is already tired of the "Suck less, MNK and WHM with great Atmas can duo any Abyssea NM" routine.

So, I'll present you with some other, more practical measures based on my experiences. Use any one of these tactics, or use them in combination, based on your resources and personnel.

1. Bring multiple BLM, DRK/NIN, or RDM/DRK. Connection speed is important here. If someone plays on a crappy, or even mediocre connection speed, s/he isn't fit for the task. When Draw-In is activated, if someone *immediately* casts Stun (not Head Butt, or other such spells, which can be resisted), then Mudslide will not go off.

2. Split your party/alliance into two parties: a main party and a "bullpen" party. Have the main party fight Percy, and if they get wiped by Mudslide, the "bullpen" party steps in to take over. The Draw-In effect, in my experience, does not draw-in everyone on the hate list ... rather it draws in everyone in the alliance who has Percy claimed (even if someone in the alliance has zero hate, or even just entered Abyssea and is busy @ Conflux #01 getting Atma/buffs).

3. Just do an old-fashioned Chainspell Stun zerg. Percy doesn't resist elemental Stun, and doesn't have high HP or defense.
[+]
 Sylph.Krsone
Server: Sylph
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2010-11-22 13:37:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud said:
I know he's not supposed to be hard, just a really annoying ***.

QFT. Supposed to be easy but get an unfortunately timed draw in >> mud stream and ur *** more than likely.

Trioed it 4 times in a row blu for stun, rdm and me as blm went very well never saw mud stream.

Trioed it another time and had JPs camp and compete against us despite us being 1st they all wiped with 12 and we finished their pop. Then we exited for them to bubu because I couldnt be bothered to compete against them. They said they were finished 2 hours later we entered a totally different group of jps had taken over where they left off.

Take turns? or us next plse? I asked to which no response as such we just competed to pop it which we managed then we wiped from a random draw in which we couldnt pin on anything they finished ours then we rest and recovered while they finished ours and one after that too. By which time Id thought they back down for us to pop once again no luck 5-6 of them were ready for it so we just left sod it.

Then last night trio blm blm rdm and thf was going well got it to 30% and got !! other 2 mages were running dry a bit too fast due to no atma. Despite saying stand next to me whole fight plse dont run away rdm ran away to convert soon as he did 2-3 steps it did draw in. ***happens its just strange I was by far top of hate list but rdm got drawn in.

We rested up recovered tried again no1 moved every1 did as I advised all stood one step outside of its melee range we all stood in a circle around the mob at the "correct" distance for how ive trioed it b4 we started to take it down and it did draw in yet again while both blm mid cast all wiped and I just hp'd b4 wasting more stones lol.

Then finally tried it as mnk/nin with melee atma rdm/whm with no atma at all and blm/whm, they both died purely down to having no atma they tried but it can be hard to keep ontop of own buffs and hp without it. Possibly partly my fault too cos aeroga4 got through and I didnt think to use shoulder tackle till 60%. So yea they both died around 60% no mud slide or anything just aga's and sandspin which shouldnt happen really I kept at it. Mages raised up and we finished.

Just observations of my past experiences so ima have to agree mud slide is pretty random, I personally havent been able to pin it on anything but I have to agree it makes it annoying as hell, russian roulette of seal nms. Im usually a good stunner out of 3 times ive wiped on this I either wasnt fast enough or I was mid cast which is down to trying to get !! Stun duty just for draw in mudslide is wasted most of the time it doesnt do it.

Pointers - Try to avoid shifts in hate possibly have 1 blm constantly trying to keep at top of hate list with rdms focused on curing him if his buffs break asap. (this is just theory from draw in)

All stand in a circle around the mob exactly 1 step outside of melee range.

Ive read that low man groups have stood far enough on each side so they dont get hit by the other persons aga spells but that would involve standing more than 1 step outside of its melee range from each side and idk how risky this would be weather that could proc a draw in.

All bring echoes obviously and minkin/heavens atma or minkin/?? w/e you want, try always keep buffs up, and debuffs as importantly too. Addle burn para etc, burn could help reduce its nuke dmg and will increase yours against it.

Lastly blu is very useful as is mnk shouder tackle if ur going with a mnk remember to erase b4 u haste wen it slows >.>;

Long post yeah... but for what should be a simple nm it can be annoying ><
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-11-22 13:40:00
Link | Quote | Reply

wtf... chainspell stun zerg, shut up please lol. It isn't about "throw a mnk and whm at it" it was an example of how its not hard. More than a mnk can tank and kill it fine. Yeah if you have the people available to come and proc grellow and such, bring them. If you are duo with a friend, mnk and whm is fine and you can kill the NM fast so it isn't a waste of time.
[+]
 Sylph.Krsone
By Sylph.Krsone 2010-11-22 13:46:57
Link | Quote | Reply

who suggested chainspell stun zerg lol.

edit ; Oic end of Elana's post.
[+]
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-11-22 13:49:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Do... uh, Do you seriously have a Puppet account you post on, thats just your name backwards and avatar reversed >.>?

ANYWAY.

Yes a MNK and a WHM can do it, No the NM isn't hard. But "Waste of time" is very subjective term.

If you don't mind killing an NM without TH where your average pool size will be 0-1 Seals, Its definitely not a waste of time for you to kill it with a MNK and a WHM.

If your goal is getting your seals quickly, MNK/WHM Might not be for you.

bringing a few Mages/friends (Who can still burn it just fine while triggering spells, It took us at most ~9-10 minutes to kill Percy with casting all Triggering spells, going 3/4 on Yellow (didn't have a BLU). >>> Just keep your numbers low, ~4 people should be fine, few people to lot against as well as the ability to almost guarantee a Yellow proc.

Only problem with bringing enough people for Yellow is that not everyone has the required friends, and then you'd need to shout for people who likely suck and have no Atmas, complicating what should be an incredibly easy task...

Also that, and a THF always helps, you can trigger yellow and still walk away with only ~2 seals if you don't have TH as well. It just ups the drop rate.
[+]
 Sylph.Krsone
By Sylph.Krsone 2010-11-22 13:55:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Curious how a draw in >> mud slide would turn out with a monk tanking, before for me its only done it with trio mage setups and it binds then wipes us out pretty fast b4 we can fix ourselves but if i did it with a monk tank im curious how much dmg he would take and if he holds hate anyway while the mages erase themselves it should be safer.

And your last paragraph or sentence should I say is QFT.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-11-22 19:58:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Krsone said:
who suggested chainspell stun zerg lol.

Try reading?

Quote:
3. Just do an old-fashioned Chainspell Stun zerg. Percy doesn't resist elemental Stun, and doesn't have high HP or defense.

You are reading too far into the MNK and WHM thing, I used it as an example as to how he isn't that hard. Bring a THF then, I rarely care to proc grellow on every tier1 fight I do considering how fast they go. If it procs, thats fine, if not then keep killing.
 Leviathan.Ejin
user: EjinXI
By Leviathan.Ejin 2010-11-22 20:05:48
Link | Quote | Reply

My friends and I did it with 4 people. SMN/WHM BLM/RDM NIN/DRK and WHM/SCH. Just have the BLM stun immediately after draw in, wasn't difficult. Just took maybe 15mins per kill.
[+]
 Sylph.Krsone
By Sylph.Krsone 2010-11-22 20:12:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Ohh I see nvm its at the end of Elana's post that method isnt required at all bit of a waste of 2hours and same method with same rdm cant obviously be repeated till 2hrs are refreshed.

And im not reading too far into mnk and whm I was simple asking a question so touche you try reading. Wasnt directed or aimed or referenced from you at all dont think I even read your example tbh lol.

Basically I wanna know next time I do this do I go mnk and find 1-2 blm/sch/rdms , or just keep it as 3 mages no melee. Ive not experienced draw in as melee is all so I so dont know strong it will be against mnk with 3k hp full curor buffs vit agi etc perhaps I should stick to this more fail safe method idk.
 Ramuh.Lorzy
Server: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2010-11-22 20:14:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Krsone said:
Ohh I see nvm its at the end of Elana's post that method isnt required at all bit of a waste of 2hours and same method with same rdm cant obviously be repeated till 2hrs are refreshed.

And im not reading too far into mnk and whm I was simple asking a question so touche you try reading. Wasnt directed or aimed or referenced from you at all dont think I even read your example tbh lol.

Basically I wanna know next time I do this do I go mnk and find 1-2 blm/sch/rdms , or just keep it as 3 mages no melee. Ive not experienced draw in as melee is all so I so dont know strong it will be against mnk with 3k hp full curor buffs vit agi etc perhaps I should stick to this more fail safe method idk.

pretty sure that was @karbuncle
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-11-22 20:14:19
Link | Quote | Reply

2nd bit was to Karbuncle not you..
 Sylph.Krsone
By Sylph.Krsone 2010-11-22 20:18:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Meh I feel ashamed since Ejin posted lol blm main ive wiped this 3 times all times ive been fkin mid cast im usually pretty good estimating mobs tp lvls for stunning too... usually. Just want 2 more sam seals w/o going there to fail a lolworm yet again. Bout 3 fails to 9 wins ... 1/4 failed is bit shitty.
 Lakshmi.Phaffi
Server: Lakshmi
user: phafi
By Lakshmi.Phaffi 2010-11-22 20:18:36
Link | Quote | Reply

bring rdm, blm, brd, blu, nuke it, proc yellow, count its tp, move closer when it gets near 300 so it can do sandspin or tremors and not just mud stream, if it does draw in, move before it binds you and let the blu stun it, or just solo it on rdm D:
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-11-22 20:19:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm confuse how that aoe is such an issue, with Hp abyssites and barstonra and cures how?
[+]
 Sylph.Krsone
By Sylph.Krsone 2010-11-22 20:59:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Draylo said:
I'm confuse how that aoe is such an issue, with Hp abyssites and barstonra and cures how?

Well obviously other people are having issues with it or this thread wouldnt of been started, Elana suggesting precautionary measures such as split into 2 parties incase 1 experiences mud stream is a sign that this aoe obviously is an issue, which was a good suggestion.

I decided to post here because I too have wiped a few times to an unexpected draw in >> mud stream... Karbuncle experienced its use to be "completely random" and has also experienced it use tp moves in quick succession. And ive seen JP ls wipe to it also. Some people can bring useful information to the table, Draylo you be simply trolling, OP asked for peoples experience with draw in not "i easily duo this guy with mnk and whm" which we all knew already was possible. Could of mentioned weather you experienced mud stream at all duo whm and mnk at least lol.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Axle
Server: Carbuncle
user: Zephin
By Carbuncle.Axle 2010-11-22 21:14:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty just need a stunners who is there only to stun after draw-in, i've tried to buff and got drawn in and missed a stun.
1 100% stunner makes it easy.
[+]
 Ramuh.Lorzy
Server: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2010-11-22 21:27:55
Link | Quote | Reply

not if it uses mud slide again before stun is up.
By Iaenni 2010-11-22 21:33:11
Link | Quote | Reply

stand between 6-7', it'll never use mud stream and its spells have little effect with a good MDT set
[+]
 Phoenix.Crimsontears
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Crimsontears 2010-11-22 21:36:33
Link | Quote | Reply

In my experience w/ Percy. Using Draw-in has little to do w/ hate shifting. I've popped this thing solo and went 1/4 on successful attempts. 1 attempt wiping at 1% and and another attempt it deaggroed n depopped w/ DOT's on it within 10 secs of going white. He still used Mud steam and it was a rather length fight. More so reliant on luck. He would always Draw-in whenever I was in the middle of buffing or nuking.

From my perspective on things. He tends to start draw-in whenever dmg towards him starts to pick up alot. Rather than standing there just DOTing, I'm talking about spamming nukes on him- likely is when he'll draw in.

I duo this w/ a RDM/DRK and myself on RDM/DRK.-Even brought a THF/DRK(yes stun still lands) around 12% for TH proc. Have 1 person on fulltime stun duty(nothing else). If he draws in. Wait til their timer is up before doing another aggressive action on Percy. If one person gets bored from being stun-***.. when 1 person runs out of mana from nuking, switch duties.

Again, just my experience on this NM. Goodluck!
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
Server: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-11-22 21:39:26
Link | Quote | Reply

It's an entirely random chance to use the move. Even when solo standing just outside melee range it will draw in. If you're duoing with a WHM, Esuna and stuff, simple. Otherwise you'll need a stunner. Catholicon's etc are nice, the MDT effect is basically *2 damage.
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-11-22 21:41:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Crimsontears said:
In my experience w/ Percy. Using Draw-in has little to do w/ hate shifting. I've popped this thing solo and went 1/4 on successful attempts. 1 attempt wiping at 1% and and another attempt it deaggroed n depopped w/ DOT's on it within 10 secs of going white. He still used Mud steam and it was a rather length fight. More so reliant on luck. He would always Draw-in whenever I was in the middle of buffing or nuking.

From my perspective on things. He tends to start draw-in whenever dmg towards him starts to pick up alot. Rather than standing there just DOTing, I'm talking about spamming nukes on him- likely is when he'll draw in.

I duo this w/ a RDM/DRK and myself on RDM/DRK.-Even brought a THF/DRK(yes stun still lands) around 12% for TH proc. Have 1 person on fulltime stun duty(nothing else). If he draws in. Wait til their timer is up before doing another aggressive action on Percy. If one person gets bored from being stun-***.. when 1 person runs out of mana from nuking, switch duties.

Again, just my experience on this NM. Goodluck!

Thats probably due to you mass nuking is feeding him a lot of TP causing him to get 100% faster and TP more often.

I'm still 99% positive its just a random chance split between his 3 TP moves, you can melee-zerg it with everyone in range and he'll still Mud-slide sometimes.
 Bismarck.Pimpjuice
By Bismarck.Pimpjuice 2010-11-22 21:42:59
Link | Quote | Reply

rdm/drk can easily solo this NM. Run out of casting range, nuke and keep a close eye on draw-in. I havent seen stun get resisted yet.
First Page 2