Forum » FFXI » NMs » Black Triple Stars
Black Triple Stars
 Sylph.Lahriel
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Lahriel
By Sylph.Lahriel 2010-11-17 13:38:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay, spent 24hrs attempting to complete this NM for Trial 3, I read up on the NM prior to engaging in the trial for some reason it did not spawn. Does anyone know if the conditions for spawning this NM has changed if so, would you mind sharing this information.
 Odin.Hevans
Server: Odin
user: Hev
By Odin.Hevans 2010-11-17 13:42:23
Link | Quote | Reply

if he spawns before daytime and then despawns without being killed his window will reset. i killed him 3 times in 3 hours.
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-11-17 13:43:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Lahriel said:
Okay, spent 24hrs attempting to complete this NM for Trial 3, I read up on the NM prior to engaging in the trial for some reason it did not spawn. Does anyone know if the conditions for spawning this NM has changed if so, would you mind sharing this information.
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Black_Triple_Stars
By Gemah 2010-11-17 14:05:41
Link | Quote | Reply

24 hours O.O
Seems to me like you're in the wrong spot.
I did it three nights in a row.
 Sylph.Lahriel
Server: Sylph
user: Lahriel
By Sylph.Lahriel 2010-11-17 14:13:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Perhaps I just have bad luck ><
 Asura.Eeek
Server: Asura
user: Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2010-11-17 14:16:05
Link | Quote | Reply

When I had roofers install a new roof on my house, I took the day off of work. To pass the day, I camped this NM for my dagger trial.

This.

NM.

I was partied with some JP folks for about 4 hours. No spawn. I spent the daytime hours AFK, and came back to kill the PHs at night. I camped this NM for 12+ hours, off and on (with other people), until I recorded my first kill.

It's a pure lottery pop. Sometimes luck's with you and he spawns relatively quickly, and sometimes he doesn't. He's kind of a *** like that.
 Phoenix.Kirana
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2010-11-17 14:28:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Have fun when you get to hovering hotpot. I camped him for 21 hours straight for 1 kill.
 Asura.Eeek
Server: Asura
user: Eeek
By Asura.Eeek 2010-11-17 14:43:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd believe it. I keep kicking around the idea of starting work on a Daka +1, but I'm a guy who dislikes NM camping. The list of NMs and VNMs to kill doesn't look appealing to me (I'd rather help people than continuously bug others to help me), and that doesn't even take into consideration the drama-factory that is WoE.
 Odin.Hevans
Server: Odin
user: Hev
By Odin.Hevans 2010-11-17 19:55:21
Link | Quote | Reply

i actually camped hovering hotpot for the dagger pre80 update. 0/12, that is indeed one *** of a nm.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Kyrial
By Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial 2010-11-17 19:58:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I camped Black Triple Stars for 11 goddamn hours before he popped. And that was just for The Miraculous Dale; Trial of the Magians hadn't even come out yet. When I saw you needed 3 kills of it for some trials, I knew right then and there I'd never even attempt any of those trials. >_>
 Carbuncle.Axle
Server: Carbuncle
user: Zephin
By Carbuncle.Axle 2010-11-17 20:27:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I wish trials were all NM's, spam killing is a lot slower than camping a NM.

Triple stars, did him for dagger, took 4-6 hours, 1st pop was 2-3, other 2 were one night after the other. He has a wide range to pop, not sure if he has a single PH, we just killed all the bats in the area of his pop.
 Phoenix.Ingraham
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Ingraham 2010-11-17 20:32:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey, at least the Black Tri Stars didn't kill your temporary love interest.