Forum » FFXI » General » 2010 Bonanza: When winning 1st prize doesn't actua
2010 Bonanza: When winning 1st prize doesn't actua
 Odin.Sheelay
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-11-17 09:28:09
Link | Quote | Reply

2010 Bonanza: When winning 1st prize doesn't actually mean you get the best deal

Am I the only one thinking prize ranks 2 and 3 are better than rank 1 prizes this year? An exception could be made with Defending ring I guess, but..

..even the 100M Gil prize lost a lot of its' value..

Something like Relic/Mythic weapons and +2 AF3 armor as Rank 1 Prizes would've made a lot more sense imo.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
Server: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-11-17 09:31:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Something like Relic/Mythic weapons and +2 AF3 armor as Rank 1 Prizes would've made a lot more sense imo.

You know relics and Emp weapons are prizes in rank 1, don't you? Oh, wait, nvm I just read what I quoted. You didn't >.>

Edit: meant to say emps, which are (in most cases) better than relics
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-11-17 09:33:07
Link | Quote | Reply

SE would never take our beloved trials away from us!
It keeps so many people stuck on the game it would be counterproductive!

..Edited..

Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Quote:

You know relics and Emp weapons are prizes in rank 1, don't you? Oh, wait, nvm I just read what I quoted. You didn't >.>

Edit: meant to say emps, which are (in most cases) better than relics

They are? PoL page must've not loaded properly then.. I honestly didn't see them on there.
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
Server: Lakshmi
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2010-11-17 09:33:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll still take the 100M. Even though there isn't a huge market for sellables right now, once the level cap gets established again I suspect the economy will take off. Defending Ring is good at this time, but what is going to happen when they release a Lv.99 Super-Defending Ring with 15% Damage Taken stat. I'd rather have the gil. At the very least, if you don't have your own linkshell, you can buy drops from whatever the latest and greatest things are.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Luz
By Luz 2010-11-17 09:34:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone needs to fix the title input or let posters edit it.
[+]
 Ramuh.Laffter
Server: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2010-11-17 09:36:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Luz said:
No, people need to remember the 50 character limit and stop trying to put up long-*** titles.
[+]
 Luz
By Luz 2010-11-17 09:37:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Laffter said:
Luz said:
No, people need to remember the 50 character limit and stop trying to put up long-*** titles.

I don't see most people counting the amount of characters though. Maybe a ticker that says something like "xx/50" then?
[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-11-17 09:40:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Luz said:
Ramuh.Laffter said:
Luz said:

I don't see most people counting the amount of characters though. Maybe a ticker that says something like "xx/50" then?

I think this is the 3rd or 4th time I make a topic, and this is the 1st time I use such a long title so yes. Something that tells you there's a limit would've helped.

Edit: I now noticed the Empyrean weapons being part of the Rank 1 Prizes. That's cool!
Still, they could've done better, especially since it's the lvl 85 versions and by the time Bonanza ends people will already be working on the lvl 90 ones.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
Server: Lakshmi
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-11-17 09:51:22
Link | Quote | Reply

The 100mil prize is also between $2,000 and $2,500. I'd say that's worth the win.
[+]
 Luz
By Luz 2010-11-17 10:23:54
Link | Quote | Reply

May have listed 85 versions because the 90s stat increases don't follow a pattern and they didn't want to ruin the surprise (BG will do that anyway). I haven't looked at the page though, did they say you get the 85 version specifically?
 Siren.Firewall
Server: Siren
user: Firewall
By Siren.Firewall 2010-11-17 10:29:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Luz said:
May have listed 85 versions because the 90s stat increases don't follow a pattern and they didn't want to ruin the surprise (BG will do that anyway). I haven't looked at the page though, did they say you get the 85 version specifically?

"The Empyrean weapons obtainable with this coupon are equivalent to those received by completing the following Trial of the Magians quests, and grant an exclusive weapon skill to the wielder."

So yes, it's the lvl 85 versions.
[+]
 Sylph.Kimble
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-11-17 10:30:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Luz said:

Yes
 Siren.Firewall
user: Firewall
By Siren.Firewall 2010-11-17 10:32:10
Link | Quote | Reply

lmfao I looked up the trials they listed and none of them match the empyrean weapons. like the first one is a Kenkonken trial... gooo SE
 Cerberus.Kaht
Server: Cerberus
user: kaht
By Cerberus.Kaht 2010-11-18 09:11:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:
Defending Ring is good at this time, but what is going to happen when they release a Lv.99 Super-Defending Ring with 15% Damage Taken stat.

I don't know about you, but I'd wear it on the other finger.
[+]
 Asura.Karbuncle
Server: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-11-18 09:36:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kaht said:
Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:
Defending Ring is good at this time, but what is going to happen when they release a Lv.99 Super-Defending Ring with 15% Damage Taken stat.

I don't know about you, but I'd wear it on the other finger.

Was going to say this.

Defending on one finger, Super-Defending on the other =P 25% DT go
 Asura.Karbuncle
Server: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-11-18 09:36:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Aren't they Empyrean weapons? not Empyreal?
 Siren.Verona
user: Verona
By Siren.Verona 2010-11-18 16:46:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh nose, SE are giving us free gil/items. The nuts on them, I can't believe it.
I would rather have a Morrigan's Robe than any of the other gear on offer so your arguement fails to cut any kind of mustard,

As for 100M gil being worthless, I currently have 5k. If you want to give me some farming tips, I'm all ears.
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-11-18 17:03:22
Link | Quote | Reply

You didn't really get the point.

Salvage gear was an amazingly good prize before the lvl cap was raised. So were the 100M or any of the other prizes you would be able to pick.

The game mechanics have changed now, so most of those very same prizes have lost a lot of value simply because they've become much more occasional. The fact most of the items you are aiming for right now are no longer AH related is part of this change.

I'm not saying it's crap I would never care to want. But both PW and AV drops are now a reality you can obtain with an Ls, Salvage gear is being trumped by other armor etc.

The point is it's no longer the top shelf prize, so it shouldn't be a Rank 1 imo.

As I said, the Empyrean weapons are a good Rank 1 Prize, but they could've done a better job. Back when they were offering +1 Cursed bodies or when they held that Relic/Mythic Online Bonanza, those were one hell of a prize.

Edit: As for you having 5k well, I'm going to assume you simply haven't even tried making some more. And if you wat some farming tips there's been at least 2 topics about it in the past few weeks.