First Page 2 3 4
 Ramuh.Haseyo
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-11-16 17:15:17
Link | Quote | Reply

NSFW (damn site)
"Square Enix have announced the remaining players of Final Fantasy XIV will be given a third free month, possibly a result of player numbers having reached their lowest ever despite the game still being free.

Their announcement blithely fails to mention why they are suddenly feeling so generous (although their CEO is more honest, to investors at least):

As always, we would like to express our gratitude to all players enjoying their adventures in Eorzea.

Today, we have decided to extend the free trial period an additional 30 days. Please refer to the following for more details.

We have also added a Topics post detailing a portion of the content heading your way in the two large-scale version updates slated for late November and mid-December.

Quote:
This month’s version update, tentatively scheduled for November 25, marks the first step in bringing about significant improvement to FINAL FANTASY XIV, guided in large part by the feedback you, the players, have provided. We are adamant that you should be given the opportunity to experience these changes firsthand before deciding to fully commit to the game.

The two month extended trial was about to end, which had triggered speculation that player populations would collapse catastrophically, rather than gradually as they appear to be at present.

Average daily player populations continue to plummet, standing at 24,277 at the latest count:

Square Enix did announce a very extensive patch and generally appear to be desperately trying to rescue the game, but it would appear to be a case of too little, too late – PS3 players may find their version comparatively polished when it is released in 2011, though it appears they will be joining empty servers."

Trial information:
Boom bam.

(if this was posted before, feel free to delete.)
[+]
 Asura.Poupee
Server: Asura
user: Lian
By Asura.Poupee 2010-11-16 17:17:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Damn, should of got it so I could play for free.
By TheRealDubont 2010-11-16 17:20:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't see why people are quitting...everything is kinda buggy sure, but the game is free...runescape is buggy, but its free...and there are tons of people still playing that ancient piece of crap >.>
[+]
 Asura.Poupee
By Asura.Poupee 2010-11-16 17:22:32
Link | Quote | Reply

TheRealDubont said:
I don't see why people are quitting...everything is kinda buggy sure, but the game is free...runescape is buggy, but its free...and there are tons of people still playing that ancient piece of crap >.>
MAYBE CUZ ITS GOOOD
[+]
By TheRealDubont 2010-11-16 17:23:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Poupee said:
TheRealDubont said:
MAYBE CUZ ITS GOOOD
You should have your own standup special.
 Asura.Poupee
By Asura.Poupee 2010-11-16 17:24:53
Link | Quote | Reply

TheRealDubont said:
Asura.Poupee said:
TheRealDubont said:
MAYBE CUZ ITS GOOOD
I already do babe
[+]
By Vinaskarsta 2010-11-16 17:26:32
Link | Quote | Reply

This really is sad, The game has alot to be worked on but nothing to gut wrenching to the point of no return. The Version Updates should take care of most of the problems people are complaining about.
[+]
By Unmei 2010-11-16 17:28:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Who cares about reviews Based on the free subs and the content about to be released in the up coming updates most people who are "currently playing now" not current subscribers...will stay for the amazingness SE is about to drop on us then we will have a flood of new ps3 players and crowded servers again by march...so people can QQ piss and moan all they want but I see only good things in the near future....
[+]
 Asura.Poupee
By Asura.Poupee 2010-11-16 17:29:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Unmei said:
Who cares about reviews Based on the free subs and the content about to be released in most people who are "currently playing now" not current subscribers...will stay for the amazingness SE is about to drop on us then we will have a flood of new ps3 players and crowded servers again by march...so people can QQ piss and moan all they want but I see only good things in the near future....
In the future. people want to play a game asap, and not wait til bugs are fixed etc
[+]
By Unmei 2010-11-16 17:31:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Poupee said:
Unmei said:
Who cares about reviews Based on the free subs and the content about to be released in most people who are "currently playing now" not current subscribers...will stay for the amazingness SE is about to drop on us then we will have a flood of new ps3 players and crowded servers again by march...so people can QQ piss and moan all they want but I see only good things in the near future....
In the future. people want to play a game asap, and not wait til bugs are fixed etc

Don't we all your just stating the obvious...
[+]
 Asura.Poupee
By Asura.Poupee 2010-11-16 17:31:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Unmei said:
Asura.Poupee said:
Unmei said:

Don't we all your just stating the obvious...
Im stating it for the slower people.
[+]
 Bismarck.Rellz
Server: Bismarck
user: Relleum
By Bismarck.Rellz 2010-11-16 17:32:19
Link | Quote | Reply

really getting annoyed at stuff like this... they say everyone will quit game but they fail to realize there are plenty of people who are waiting till game is better to play, sure they will lose some players they will not get back even with the extended trials or updates but not everyone will leave. but i do agree with the player population would plummet when the free trial ends. they want to keep as many ppl playing as long as they can so when the game does get improvements ppl will spread word that the game isnt complete crap like it was at release.

[+]
By TheRealDubont 2010-11-16 17:33:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Poupee said:
TheRealDubont said:
Asura.Poupee said:
TheRealDubont said:
MAYBE CUZ ITS GOOOD
I already do babe
You are mistaken when it comes to my gender, sir.
 Asura.Poupee
By Asura.Poupee 2010-11-16 17:34:27
Link | Quote | Reply

TheRealDubont said:
Asura.Poupee said:
TheRealDubont said:
Asura.Poupee said:
TheRealDubont said:
MAYBE CUZ ITS GOOOD
I already do babe
Your the mistaken one. And I thought Babe was Uni-sex?
By TheRealDubont 2010-11-16 17:38:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Poupee said:
TheRealDubont said:
Asura.Poupee said:
TheRealDubont said:
Asura.Poupee said:
TheRealDubont said:
MAYBE CUZ ITS GOOOD
I already do babe
Your the mistaken one. And I thought Babe as Uni-sex?
You're* Babe usually refers to good looking girls while rarely referring to guys. I assumed you were referring to the first one, but anyway.

@ Rellz: I get annoyed when it comes to reviews because of the same crap...
By Unmei 2010-11-16 17:44:44
Link | Quote | Reply

The term Babe is defined based on the sex using the term ex. Poupee is a female(based on how she is using the word) they call men and women babe -vs- Males who usually are referring to a woman unless they have pimp swag then they will refer to men as babe or baby also with no homosexual intentions.
[+]
 Fenrir.Schutz
Server: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2010-11-16 17:57:11
Link | Quote | Reply

It is quite quiet, at least on Kashuan. When I do log on there to do guildleves there aren't the multitude of crafters sitting around the various camps anymore--just a handful at most. Even the blatant RMT mega-parties (all gathered around the Aetheryte for simultaneous leves, all in starter gear with names taken out of a baby naming website) have thinned out.

For sure there are still lots of players in the big cities, and lots of retainers in the wards (indicating people are logging on if only to reset their retainers after maintenance/stand lease expiration, etc.) but sadly often-times it is as quiet on Kashuan "playing areas" (as opposed to "afking areas") as it is nowadays on Fenrir.
[+]
 Seraph.Rafik
Server: Seraph
user: dascorp
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-11-16 18:05:10
Link | Quote | Reply

OMG!!! Dubont is back posting... unless this is a different one?
By TheRealDubont 2010-11-16 18:06:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Rafik said:
OMG!!! Dubont is back posting... unless this is a different one?
sssshhh =p
 Bismarck.Mercediz
By Bismarck.Mercediz 2010-11-16 18:24:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I got to level 42 as a pug and left the game two days ago. Why? Maybe because I'm sick and tired of grinding SP every night. I thought they would put in quests like in other games where you could level up that way, but instead you're forced to group again like in FFXI after level 20. Sure you can solo to 50 but it will take you FOREVER to grind all that SP by yourself.Battle leves are pointless unless they are 30-40 leves and have gear drops, the amount of gil you get is nothing and the SP you get is a let down. They should have made the SP gain from leves a TON and reduced to 24hrs. I didn't mind grinding since I played ffxi but now I'm over it. Not because I'm burned out but because that's all you can do atm for good SP, people now a days don't want to grind the same mobs over and over 6hrs a night just to level and either do I. Most people I talked to in game are leaving for WoW again and waiting for GW2. The sad part is SE isn't getting ANY money from the game atm. The only money they have earned is from the game sales, plus this Nov update doesn't do much. Sure fixing the UI is okay but people want more content not minor fixes, once people have to pay it's only going to get worse imo.
[+]
By TheRealDubont 2010-11-16 18:32:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Mercediz said:
I got to level 42 as a pug and left the game two days ago. Why? Maybe because I'm sick and tired of grinding SP every night. I thought they would put in quests like in other games where you could level up that way, but instead you're forced to group again like in FFXI after level 20. Sure you can solo to 50 but it will take you FOREVER to grind all that SP by yourself.Battle leves are pointless unless they are 30-40 leves and have gear drops, the amount of gil you get is nothing and the SP you get is a let down. They should have made the SP gain from leves a TON and reduced to 24hrs. I didn't mind grinding since I played ffxi but now I'm over it. Not because I'm burned out but because that's all you can do atm for good SP, people now a days don't want to grind the same mobs over and over 6hrs a night just to level and either do I. Most people I talked to in game are leaving for WoW again and waiting for GW2. The sad part is SE isn't getting ANY money from the game atm. The only money they have earned is from the game sales, plus this Nov update doesn't do much. Sure fixing the UI is okay but people want more content not minor fixes, once people have to pay it's only going to get worse imo.
It's only been 2 months since the game came out. Stop bitching about content. I agree, there isn't much to do outside of level, but even when they do put in content, what are you going to do? You are going to level to a point where you access said content. Why not level now so that when content is put in (In December) you will be the appropriate level to dominate whatever SE throws at you instead of quitting until more content comes out? Also, your friends that are quitting to go back to that MMO cartoon can die in a fire. Those waiting for GW2 are ok...but seriously..why go back to WoW? Of all things...why WoW?
[+]
By Unmei 2010-11-16 18:36:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Bigger question why even comment on his ridiculous post He wants to play a MMO where you don't have to Grind and party up then he says he and his buddies are going to play wow....I smell a troll ^^
[+]
 Bismarck.Mercediz
By Bismarck.Mercediz 2010-11-16 18:43:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I hate WoW with a passion lol, I have no idea why they are going back to that P.O.S game. I built my new computer just for FFXIV and played FFXI for 5+ years so I'm really disappointed. I'm not talking about tons of content, I'm talking about more quest stuff. Some people don't have a lot of time to grind all night like others for SP. If they made it more solo friendly and made solo SP a lot more rewarding it would help out a lot. So no I'm not bitching about end game content etc I'm bitching because the ONLY way to get good SP is from grinding 4-6 hours all the time and that's the truth. Also I never said I don't want to grind, I'm level 42 what do you think I've been doing.... lmao, also I never said I'm leaving for WoW...read much? I'm saying there's no way to get good SP besides grinding and they need more content for that part.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
Server: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2010-11-16 18:43:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the point people are making, which is lost on a lot of people, is that there's no point waiting for the game to get better if it runs out of money and goes under before it has a chance to improve.

This is a real risk. It has happened to every MMO that has launched since WoW: Conan, Warhammer, Star Trek, APB, LotRO, you name it. Some of them had their plugs pulled two months after release.

It's not the exception, it is now the rule. This isn't 2003 anymore. You cannot pull another FFXI. Succeed spectacularly right out the gate, or go free-to-play shortly after release and never update again.

Your opinion doesn't matter. Neither does mine, for that matter. The only thing that matters is if there's 800,000+ people who agree with you enough to give them $15/month.

SE has a lot of money and a lot riding on the FF franchise name. They're not going to pull the plug after two months. But don't expect SE executives to keep throwing money at the game 1-2 years from now if it hasn't recovered enough subscribers to be worth it.
[+]
By zahakdrakesbane 2010-11-16 19:26:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, I like XIV :) Theres my opinion. And the future updates and events will be amazing. I feel sorry for everyone who will miss out :( /comfort all the poor souls
[+]
By deadfire 2010-11-16 19:27:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Mercediz said:
I hate WoW with a passion lol, I have no idea why they are going back to that P.O.S game. I built my new computer just for FFXIV and played FFXI for 5+ years so I'm really disappointed. I'm not talking about tons of content, I'm talking about more quest stuff. Some people don't have a lot of time to grind all night like others for SP. If they made it more solo friendly and made solo SP a lot more rewarding it would help out a lot. So no I'm not bitching about end game content etc I'm bitching because the ONLY way to get good SP is from grinding 4-6 hours all the time and that's the truth. Also I never said I don't want to grind, I'm level 42 what do you think I've been doing.... lmao, also I never said I'm leaving for WoW...read much? I'm saying there's no way to get good SP besides grinding and they need more content for that part.

SE are fixing the SP.
 Caitsith.Jadi
Server: Caitsith
user: Jadi
By Caitsith.Jadi 2010-11-16 19:50:38
Link | Quote | Reply

SE's improvements are generating interest and seem to be working.. the haters are coming out of the woodwork now to bash on it.. they wouldn't do that by now if they thought it was over. True we haven't seen anything yet, but I see the negativity as a sign that the haters are worried FFXIV may be a success.

Asura.Poupee said:
Damn, should of got it so I could play for free.

Get it before the 19th and you can.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Calem
Server: Carbuncle
user: Calem
By Carbuncle.Calem 2010-11-16 19:54:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Square Enix have announced the remaining players of Final Fantasy XIV will be given a third free month
Quote:
This month’s version update, tentatively scheduled for November 25, marks the first step in bringing about significant improvement to FINAL FANTASY XIV, guided in large part by the feedback you, the players, have provided.

No subscription fees... player feedback being used by developers to address and fix significant issues with the game... is it just me, or does it sound like XIV is still in its testing phases?

Oh no wait, that can't be right. Because they had the "official release" a while ago and now people have to buy copies of the game to play it don't they? Yeah, silly me.

This is how I imagine it going down (sorry for giant post. I get carried away with these things sometimes).

SE Developers: Okay, here's the plan. FFXIV is our new MMO. It's going to be bigger and better than XI in every way possible. We've had nearly a decade's worth of experience in managing this type of game, so we know what we're doing. But if we're going to achieve this, we'll need time to get everything perfect.
SE Suits: Whoa, whoa, whoa... it sounds like you're saying this game is going to take a long time to produce.
Devs: Well, yeah it is. If we want it to be as good as it can be.
Suits: Hmm, okay. Just don't take too long. We've got quotas and stuff to meet.

*Some time later*

Suits: So, how's XIV coming along?
Devs: Oh you know, it's getting there. Piece by piece.
Suits: Really? That's great. By the way, we're going to open the game to the public for testing.
Devs: But it's not really ready for that yet... there's a few key issues we'd like to get sorted out before we start gathering and working from people's feedback.
Suits: Oh sure, that's fine. Besides, we're not really going to be having them test the game. It's more of a marketing scheme. Give people a taste of what's to come. Whet their appetites, so to speak.
Devs: So... we won't be paying attention to their thoughts on the game?
Suits: Goodness no! As long as we can get people to buy the game, we'll be fine. By the way, we're releasing before the end of the year.
Devs: Wait, what?
Suits: Back to work, you busy little bees! Buzz buzz!

*Leading up to the release date*

Devs: This game is nowhere near ready for this.
Suits: So? It's Final F-ing Fantasy. We'll make millions based on that fact alone.
Devs: We really think that we should give this game a proper beta test. Get some players into the game to take it for a real spin... let them see what they like, see what they don't, and then see what we can do to address those issues.
Suits: Nope, not enough time for that. We want to start selling now; get ourselves nice and rich by the end of the year.
Devs: But-
Suits: Who pays you your wages?
Devs: ... We'll be ready to release next week.

*FFXIV goes on sale*

Suits: Hooray! Finally we can start making some money off this thing. And once that 'free trial' we're expected to offer ends, we'll be rolling in subscription fee profits by Christmas.

*FFXIV is reviewed by critics*

Suits: No... No... Shut up. Shut up shut up shut up. Stop saying things like that! You'll give our product a bad name! You'll damage our sales figures!
Devs: *peeking head around the office door* Everything alright in here?
Suits: Quiet you.

*A few months after the release*

Suits: ****. Big ******ing ****ing ****-stain ****.
Devs: Heya dude. Hows that quota of yours doing?
Suits: *gets down on knees and reaches up at Devs* ... Help me!
Devs: 'Kay, what you want to do first is extend the free trial. People are pissed that the game isn't as good as it could or should have been, so we need to start regaining their trust. A gesture of good will would make a good start.
Suits: But the subscrption fe-
Devs: Do you want to save this game or not?
Suits: *sulking* Fine.
Devs: Next up, we're going to get back to work on addressing that customer feedback you so stupidly decided to ignore. We'll need time to get everything together for the first version update, so expect to extend the free trial again just in case.
Suits: *whimper*
Devs: Once that's done, hopefully we'll have given this game a fighting chance to survive an admittedly shaky start. With a bit of time and effort and a lot less being-greedy-***, this game can still be what we wanted it to be in the first place.
Suits: I suppose that does make sense. You guys get to work on what you do best and let us know how it goes. Oh, and one more thing.
Devs: Yes?
Suits: Wipe that smug little "we told you so" smile off your face.
[+]
By lavionation 2010-11-16 20:19:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I really don't see what is broken about the game.. I have been playing since beta. the worst absolute worst thing that I have had happen is 3 game crashes a week on average.. the crafting system is ground breaking because it is interactive.. the battle system seems fine also. I think crying about a laggy item list is mostly due to ppl playing on crappy outdated pc.. without proper driver updates ect.. sure there is a small amount of inventory lag but its not worse than others I have seen. so my point is I am having a great time playing a great game and I regret that everyone else isn't ?
[+]
By slowlulz 2010-11-16 20:40:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Poupee said:
TheRealDubont said:
Asura.Poupee said:
TheRealDubont said:
MAYBE CUZ ITS GOOOD
I already do babe

I'm sure you have many fans
First Page 2 3 4