Forum » FFXI » General » BRD 64, no invites and no ppld wanting standard pt
BRD 64, no invites and no ppld wanting standard pt
 Gilgamesh.Onepenny
Server: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
user: Onepenny
By Gilgamesh.Onepenny 2010-11-16 10:48:14
Link | Quote | Reply

So, I been seeking on BRD 64 for a few weeks and got no invites.

Now... I know i have 2 things against me. I dont want to be chest opener and I dont want to leech. (been in abys alliances with 3 leechers + chest guy, and it sucks monkey balls)

I also tryed making pts but ppl rather just try leech xp from abys instead of going to old pts.

Mind you i never expected a brd 64 to have problems getting pt, and i could always be useful in abys buffing ppl. But i understand most ppl just rather have a 75+ brd. I even sent tell to ppl shouting for abys pt but either got no reply or they had brd(s) already.

So! What you think are the options for someone (that doesnt want to leech xp) to get some xp at lower levels?
 Lakshmi.Harkonnen
Server: Lakshmi
user: tobenutte
By Lakshmi.Harkonnen 2010-11-16 10:57:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Be thankful, you have found a way from not getting the "Curse of The BRD".
 Shiva.Flionheart
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-11-16 10:58:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Harkonnen said:

The curse doesn't exist for those of us who enjoy playing it!
[+]
 Shiva.Daimos
user: Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2010-11-16 11:01:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Lakshmi.Harkonnen said:
The curse doesn't exist for those of us who enjoy playing it!
He'll be missing out, as I doubt there'll actually be parties outside of abyssea... Pulling lolibri 55-75 was the best time on BRD :x
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-11-16 11:02:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Truly. From Ronfaure (s) to Merit camps I loved BRD.

Fishing is fun as hell. End game... not so much, but not too bad.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Harkonnen
Server: Lakshmi
user: tobenutte
By Lakshmi.Harkonnen 2010-11-16 11:03:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Pulling lolibri was fun, the first time you pull the ones that reflect and you try to sleep with Hoard and it sleeps your entire pt. Those were good times. lol
 Shiva.Daimos
user: Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2010-11-16 11:05:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Harkonnen said:
Pulling lolibri was fun, the first time you pull the ones that reflect and you try to sleep with Hoard and it sleeps your entire pt. Those were good times. lol
Or horde-ing competing camps' mobs to get their whole party slept, fun times >:D
 Odin.Liela
Server: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2010-11-16 11:07:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I know I will have this same problem on my dnc. At ~60, it's too low to be wanted in abyssea parties as anything but a leech or chest girl. I don't really want to do either of those things. My husband and I can duo xp parties in abyssea, me thf and him rdm. Capping lights, especially azure, is easy. But I couldn't do that on such a low-level dnc. I never really liked traditional parties to begin with, but getting them atm would be pretty impossible. So my options are:
1.) grab a mule, put it on a 10, sync to it, and run around East Ronfaure massacring bunnies and orcs.
2.) campaign.

With the way campaign is going, it's honestly easier and quicker for me to sync-level. I've done my last few levels on dnc that way. If you have a friend with low-level jobs or a mule you can log on, it might be the quickest way for you, too.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2010-11-16 11:11:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm leveling 2 jobs right now on Gilgamesh (soon to be 3) you can sync with me this week and feed some mages some mp :)

64 is kind of a shitty spot now a days no one parties, most people even above 50 now just want to leech. But IMO ~66 is decent support level for Abyssea and 72 is where DD should start.

Also, I'm no bard expert but what does a level 75 BRD offer that's so important that a 64 doesn't (other than maybe Utsusemi: Ni to be a fisherman)

Or if you don't want to levelsync so low I usually throw Abyssea parties on Fridays (7PM PSTish), if my good friend isn't on his bard or maybe even if he is you can come feed those mages some mp and backup heal don't have to be keybitch. You got Scars?
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-11-16 11:13:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Daimos said:
Lakshmi.Harkonnen said:
Or horde-ing competing camps' mobs to get their whole party slept, fun times >:D

Even better was getting a free warp when pt ended :). I loved charming a bird on brd and then having it charm me and have the party kill me for free warp =D
 Leviathan.Tohihroyu
By Leviathan.Tohihroyu 2010-11-16 13:10:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I would say try to get into a Chigoe burn in Caedarva Mire if you can, I'm sure blm would enjoy mage's balled, Learned Etude and/or Knight's Minne III.

That is if you are lucky enough to find a sync, willing blm and someone who wants to feed the sheep TP to send out the Chigoe for blm to nuke. (I think those are level sync 50 or 51 & it slows down around lvl 55)

There's also mana burns in Vunkerl Inlet (S) on Gobin's pets. I don't remember the sync for there I think its in the 60's
[+]
 Phoenix.Degs
Server: Phoenix
user: Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2010-11-16 13:26:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I would say.... that if you want you can always try to Sync down... to lower levels mid 20's/30's/40's and kinda go from there for another 6 levels to 70 when getting into an abyssea pt wouldnt be a problem.. or you can duo with a friend, join in on some mana burns. or simply solo another 6 or so levels Via FoV. If you dont want to waste your time with regular pt leechers... try those options..

Its honestly not going to get any easier, unless SE does something drastic with older ways of leveling, which its doubtful they will. and with the new abyssea add on coming soon, its just going to be more and more about abyssea
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-11-16 13:54:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Pet parties in X (s) are cool too, though a bit risky if you're not good at fishing.
 Valefor.Forgotten
Server: Valefor
user: Forg
By Valefor.Forgotten 2010-11-16 13:55:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Come to valefor, my pld is stuck at 65 >.>

Quote:
Its honestly not going to get any easier, unless SE does something drastic with older ways of leveling, which its doubtful they will. and with the new abyssea add on coming soon, its just going to be more and more about abyssea
SE, would it kill ya to put some mobs in abys that are lower lv? :x I know they don't read here. But they seem to not read their own form mail either.
 Bahamut.Weasel
Server: Bahamut
user: Weasel
By Bahamut.Weasel 2010-11-16 14:36:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flionheart said:
Truly. From Ronfaure (s) to Merit camps I loved BRD.

Fishing is fun as hell. End game... not so much, but not too bad.

Personally, I always found BRD pulling way too demanding on just one person. Take a WC break and the party halts. Endgame I like because all I have to worry about is my song rotation. Which is often strictly march march or ballad ballad. Boring but easy. :D
 Leviathan.Pimpchan
user: pchan
By Leviathan.Pimpchan 2010-11-16 14:41:10
Link | Quote | Reply

abyssea
Server: Titan
By Titan.Darkestknight 2010-11-16 15:53:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Pimpchan said:
abyssea

The ultimate, but lazy way.
 Phoenix.Degs
Server: Phoenix
user: Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2010-11-16 16:26:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Forgotten said:
Come to valefor, my pld is stuck at 65 >.>

Quote:
SE, would it kill ya to put some mobs in abys that are lower lv? :x I know they don't read here. But they seem to not read their own form mail either.
although this might seem like a splendid idea.. it would totaly trash ever other area of the game
 Gilgamesh.Onepenny
By Gilgamesh.Onepenny 2010-11-16 16:55:59
Link | Quote | Reply

thx everyone, some good ideas.

tweeek ill look u up in days i can stay till later, cause im in euro time ;)

anyone knows how a brd is working now in CB? There was that time when everyone would sub brd and stay in town in the past to get xp

maybe i could do some CB bufing NPCs for some xp, you guys know if that would give a decent xp?
 Valefor.Forgotten
Server: Valefor
user: Forg
By Valefor.Forgotten 2010-11-16 17:11:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Degs said:

although this might seem like a splendid idea.. it would totaly trash ever other area of the game
We can enter at lv30 (which seems ridiculous), I just think some lv60 mobs in a corner of a zone would be nice. As far as trashing..Hasn't that already happened? It's like the devs want us to just "get it over with" and start their endgame content asap now. Really weird considering they said they thought we level to fast before. I've got a few jobs I'd like to actually play on pre-cap.

I'd really like to see conquest zones livened up again outside of solo'ers doing FoV but I see no way to accomplish that :/
 Titan.Xantavia
Server: Titan
user: xantavia
By Titan.Xantavia 2010-11-16 17:44:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Gilgamesh.Onepenny said:
thx everyone, some good ideas.

tweeek ill look u up in days i can stay till later, cause im in euro time ;)

anyone knows how a brd is working now in CB? There was that time when everyone would sub brd and stay in town in the past to get xp

maybe i could do some CB bufing NPCs for some xp, you guys know if that would give a decent xp?

Doing only buffing in campaign would hurt your xp gain. You want to hop in there with a weapon drawn and give/take damage along with singing your songs. Using magic only seems to have a low xp cap, so diversify and increase your xp potential.
 Gilgamesh.Onepenny
By Gilgamesh.Onepenny 2010-11-16 19:59:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Titan.Xantavia said:
Gilgamesh.Onepenny said:
thx everyone, some good ideas. tweeek ill look u up in days i can stay till later, cause im in euro time ;) anyone knows how a brd is working now in CB? There was that time when everyone would sub brd and stay in town in the past to get xp maybe i could do some CB bufing NPCs for some xp, you guys know if that would give a decent xp?
Doing only buffing in campaign would hurt your xp gain. You want to hop in there with a weapon drawn and give/take damage along with singing your songs. Using magic only seems to have a low xp cap, so diversify and increase your xp potential.

i guess its a no go then, cant really see me melee at CB with brd 64 :p maybe some FoV
 Leviathan.Llianon
user: Llianon
By Leviathan.Llianon 2010-11-16 20:17:26
Link | Quote | Reply

i don't understand why u "leeching" in aby pt
@ 64 brd u can buff almost correctly a melee party...or even a mage party...it's not like u just stand doing nothing in aby pt.
also noticed why lvling my brd 75 to 85 that a brd is an incredible good puller in abyssea...well like old good bird merit pt.

it's obvious now that abyssea party is the new exp/merit gold mine,
and fact that peeps having like 6 or 7 75 jobs are still trying to lvl it to 85 and when it's done they are chasing seals. All that makes low lvl party pretty hard to get...and that won't end any soon coz the 3rd add-on gonna pop on early december w/ lvl increase and etc...bis repetita
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-11-16 20:51:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Llianon said:
i don't understand why u "leeching" in aby pt
@ 64 brd u can buff almost correctly a melee party...or even a mage party...it's not like u just stand doing nothing in aby pt.
also noticed why lvling my brd 75 to 85 that a brd is an incredible good puller in abyssea...well like old good bird merit pt.

it's obvious now that abyssea party is the new exp/merit gold mine,
and fact that peeps having like 6 or 7 75 jobs are still trying to lvl it to 85 and when it's done they are chasing seals. All that makes low lvl party pretty hard to get...and that won't end any soon coz the 3rd add-on gonna pop on early december w/ lvl increase and etc...bis repetita

Kinda hard to pull and buff efficiently without 75+ gear.